Illiminated Sill Plates

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
If you have an actual Limited Edition (500A package) car, then they did not come with illuminated sill plates. The 50th Anniversary add-on package with a 401A package would have come with illuminated sill plates, hence why Voo Doo received his after the fact... :cheers:
Not so!!.... The 50th add on Pkg deleted the rear deck spoiler and.... Illuminated sill plates! As the Pkg had 50th Ann. Special sill plates!! Fortunately the Canadian order process still included illumined sill plates on my order printout! Ford Canada and Hallmark Ford stepped up and did the install for ...FREE.99 !! My fav price. :cheers:
Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Not so!!.... The 50th add on Pkg deleted the rear deck spoiler and.... Illuminated sill plates! As the Pkg had 50th Ann. Special sill plates!! Fortunately the Canadian order process still included illumined sill plates on my order printout! Ford Canada and Hallmark Ford stepped up and did the install for ...FREE.99 !! My fav price. :cheers:
That's awesome, wish that was the case in the states with the actual LE cars... go figure! :headbonk::ford::cheers:

maybe I can get my local dealership to install them on mine...??? doubt it though

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
Yeah , Voo Doo is right, I contacted Ford, I did get a response, but no offer of help.
But I have a set of take offs coming for cheap ($69) so I might need you guys knowledge to get them working. I am not on great terms with my local dealer but know an guy who should have a OBD II and a friend who has Mustang for a donor. We'll see

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6

Did they are the mycolor work on them too or is the color static?

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sill Plates arrived today, and do appear to be brand new, still have the blue film on them. $69 on ebay, athens ford , what a deal

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got the plates installed (plugged into factory harness), and of course they didn't work so I am exploring options as to BCM-2 module programming as I do not wan't to run extra wires or cut into existing. :ford:

Sh6l9by

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Skip
Vehicle(s)
Saac mk1 #35/69n70 GT350 conv/fb/69 Mach1prostreet
My color

If you're going to do something do it right.
I need to get the my color to work on the sill plates!!!:headbonk::frusty:

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just to clarify, If I were to go the reflashing route, what am I copying/replacing, the config settings or the complete firmware??

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Just to clarify, If I were to go the reflashing route, what am I copying/replacing, the config settings or the complete firmware??
Copy BCM-B firmware from another 15+ Stang with illuminated sill plates from factory and overwrite to your vehicle's BCM-B to get MyColor working with the sill plates.

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Question for Mustang Chief, if a new bcm-b has no programming (firmware) then "programing files"must be available to Ford Techs, because I doubt they go to the lot to copy firmware if they have to replace a module. So help from somebody that has access to those files would be nice.

mustangv6magn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@mmagnetic2016
Vehicle(s)
2016 procharged v6 magnetic 2016 ford eplorer
I ordered mine from Athens too. I'm jus gun have to wait on the install. anyone know how much they charge to install

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I received the illuminated sills from AthensFord as well. I've got them all hooked up, but as suspected no power.

Now, I did some digging and found there to be two BCM-B for sale on Levittown Ford Super Center. Part numbers FR3Z-13C788-E and FR3Z-13C788-D. The control module makes only one distinction between the two. Tail Lamp control with (-E) or without (-D) light group. I'm assuming "With Light Group" is the one we want to make the sills available.

It sounds like these come pre-programmed.

Also, in case anyone is tracking the illuminated sills on Window sticers, mine did have the illuminated Sills listed. I too have the 50th Annv Appearance Package.

No.Part #Part # / DescriptionList PricePrice1 FR3Z-13C788-E FR3Z-13C788-E / CONTROL MODULE1 TAIL LAMP CONTROL, W/LIGHT GROUP
$75.02$46.62javascript: void(0);1 FR3Z-13C788-D FR3Z-13C788-D / CONTROL MODULE1 TAIL LAMP CONTROL, W/O LIGHT GROUP
$72.04$44.77javascript: void(0);

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
I received the illuminated sills from AthensFord as well. I've got them all hooked up, but as suspected no power.

Now, I did some digging and found there to be two BCM-B for sale on Levittown Ford Super Center. Part numbers FR3Z-13C788-E and FR3Z-13C788-D. The control module makes only one distinction between the two. Tail Lamp control with (-E) or without (-D) light group. I'm assuming "With Light Group" is the one we want to make the sills available.

It sounds like these come pre-programmed.

Also, in case anyone is tracking the illuminated sills on Window sticers, mine did have the illuminated Sills listed. I too have the 50th Annv Appearance Package.

No.Part #Part # / DescriptionList PricePrice1 FR3Z-13C788-E FR3Z-13C788-E / CONTROL MODULE1 TAIL LAMP CONTROL, W/LIGHT GROUP
$75.02$46.621 FR3Z-13C788-D FR3Z-13C788-D / CONTROL MODULE1 TAIL LAMP CONTROL, W/O LIGHT GROUP
$72.04$44.77
That is very encouraging news! Did you happen to notice if there was any distinction for convertibles? I too have my illuminated sills on a shelf waiting for the right BCM-B module so I do not have to splice these in and more importantly get the MyColor functionality as I would like them to glow orange to match.

Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I used my car as the base model search. 2015 Mustang Coupe PP. I'm sure using a convertible in the option would give you different BCM modules to choose. (CORRECTION) It does not give you the option to distinguish between Convertible or Coupe.
Sponsored