Illiminated Sill Plates

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I installed my sill plates but took a different route trying to get all colors working without a lot of luck

I bought a LED controller with a remote to control the colors and make them flash.

Well ran into some problems. The ford sill plates use reverse polarity which is the opposite of what all the controllers out there are wired for. As a result I could only make one color work by reversing the outputs on the controller.

They must have a diode or something in the sills because simply reversing the - and + wouldn't work. it had to be pos on the color wire and neg on the hot.

I have them wired for blue and it flashes slowly when activated.

Sill Plates (2).jpg

Did you wire straight to the sill plates or into the car harness? You can also wire the colored wires to its respected counter part and get the colors to work. The sills will be on anytime the interior ambient is on, even with the door closed. The wires coming from the BCM-B are connected to the door closed circuit so the plates go out as soon as the interior lights do.
Sponsored

Nemesis911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dodge Durango R/T, 2010 H-D CVO FLSTSE
Any word from Ford on making the BCM-B settings available to be programmed at the dealer? Now that we know for a fact they can be enabled by simple programming Ford cannot make false statements about this not being possible any longer.

It's a shame that Ford is making customers hack this option back when they could safely provide the programming steps to their dealers.

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
Any word from Ford on making the BCM-B settings available to be programmed at the dealer? Now that we know for a fact they can be enabled by simple programming Ford cannot make false statements about this not being possible any longer.

It's a shame that Ford is making customers hack this option back when they could safely provide the programming steps to their dealers.

Can someone contact the FORD Rep that reads this blog - and get them to make Ford Dealerships do the right steps !? - I'm holding off on buying the LE Door Sills - in hopes that the Ford Dealership will install correctly. Cant wait too long - because I have heard the the LE Door Sills are not going to be available forever.

HrsePwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LE #735
Can someone contact the FORD Rep that reads this blog - and get them to make Ford Dealerships do the right steps !? - I'm holding off on buying the LE Door Sills - in hopes that the Ford Dealership will install correctly. Cant wait too long - because I have heard the the LE Door Sills are not going to be available forever.

I bought the sills and intend to hold on to them until there's an easy way to get them to work with MyColor.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT

It's not an enabled option in IDS, you have to reprogram the BCM-B with another cars program. It is strange why they do this. To turn it on they would need a new program for just the lighted sills. Maybe if they are hounded enough, they will provide a file.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
I traded my '15 GT 50th Anniversary packaged car that DID NOT have the lighted door sills for a '16 Premium GT that did.

I thought it was strange that the 50th car didn't have them.....weird.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
I traded my '15 GT 50th Anniversary packaged car that DID NOT have the lighted door sills for a '16 Premium GT that did.

I thought it was strange that the 50th car didn't have them.....weird.
Congrats on the new ride. You still post over on the S197 forums? :cheers:

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
I finally orderd my LE sill plates.....nervous about how much it will cost me to have the dealer install them.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I finally orderd my LE sill plates.....nervous about how much it will cost me to have the dealer install them.
IMO...The LE Sills provide more (((WOW-FACTOR))) + Proving the LE is somewhat special...Most people have a hard time reading the lame Dash Plaque...I get more positive feedback from them than any other feature on the car, including, the Puddle Pony Light!!

So, whatever you get charged will be worth it-->:thumbsup:

MandM9999

Mustang Lady 322
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50 Year Limited Edition 5.0L V-8
It's really a shame that Ford hasn't said or done anything to resolve this issue which has been going on for more than one year now.
It's obvious that the 'flyer' we received with our 50 Year Limited Edition welcome kit was completely inaccurate. The flyer states that the sill plates are:
“Direct OEM replacement part”,
“Quick DIY installation”,
“Contains fully assembled driver’s and passenger’s side side scuff plates, with custom content on both”
"Tested to OEM Engineering Standards"
As I understand it, the custom lighted sill plates are not a direct OEM replacement (because the LE does not have a wiring harness for lit sill plates underneath).
This is not a 'quick DIY installation' as the flyer states, based upon others on this forum who have accomplished a successful installation. (I believe there are only 2 who have done so and are able to use my color).
While I think the design of the sill plates I've seen is growing on me, the flyer stated that we could have our sill plate customized, which I can only presume is no longer an option? I did not see that option on the website when attempting to order them.
Finally, it is quite obvious that this was not "Tested to OEM Engineering Standards".
That flyer should have never been sent out without having the parts in stock, without knowing that it could be installed, without knowing that it could be used with my color, etc.

Most of us do not have another 2015 with lit sill plates, without ambient cruise, that we can use as a donor car, nor a BCM-B module laying around. It seems to me that Ford should certainly be stepping up to the plate here. I must admit that I'm truly disappointed with the lack of concern, or customer care, on this particular issue.
I’m going to attempt to contact Ford, again, to see if they will be of any assistance. I cannot afford to pay for an option which was already supposed to be included on my $50,000.00 car (referring to the order form, on page 11); honestly, I do not feel that I should have to.

I do sincerely appreciate those of you who have the understanding and knowledge to be able to complete this type of installation. It's quite obvious that there are a few of you, on this forum, who have undertaken the task of resolving this issue, and for that I am grateful. Unfortunately, I do not have an understanding of electronics, at least not to this extent, and I cannot afford to pay the dealership a small fortune to complete this type of work at this particular time. Therefore, I am hopeful that Ford will offer some assistance.

Sponsored

MKW

2015 LE 50TH Kona Blue
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE 50TH Mustang Kona Blue #320 6 speed
It's really a shame that Ford hasn't said or done anything to resolve this issue which has been going on for more than one year now.
It's obvious that the 'flyer' we received with our 50 Year Limited Edition welcome kit was completely inaccurate. The flyer states that the sill plates are:
“Direct OEM replacement part”,
“Quick DIY installation”,
“Contains fully assembled driver’s and passenger’s side side scuff plates, with custom content on both”
"Tested to OEM Engineering Standards"
As I understand it, the custom lighted sill plates are not a direct OEM replacement (because the LE does not have a wiring harness for lit sill plates underneath).
This is not a 'quick DIY installation' as the flyer states, based upon others on this forum who have accomplished a successful installation. (I believe there are only 2 who have done so and are able to use my color).
While I think the design of the sill plates I've seen is growing on me, the flyer stated that we could have our sill plate customized, which I can only presume is no longer an option? I did not see that option on the website when attempting to order them.
Finally, it is quite obvious that this was not "Tested to OEM Engineering Standards".
That flyer should have never been sent out without having the parts in stock, without knowing that it could be installed, without knowing that it could be used with my color, etc.

Most of us do not have another 2015 with lit sill plates, without ambient cruise, that we can use as a donor car, nor a BCM-B module laying around. It seems to me that Ford should certainly be stepping up to the plate here. I must admit that I'm truly disappointed with the lack of concern, or customer care, on this particular issue.
I’m going to attempt to contact Ford, again, to see if they will be of any assistance. I cannot afford to pay for an option which was already supposed to be included on my $50,000.00 car (referring to the order form, on page 11); honestly, I do not feel that I should have to.

I do sincerely appreciate those of you who have the understanding and knowledge to be able to complete this type of installation. It's quite obvious that there are a few of you, on this forum, who have undertaken the task of resolving this issue, and for that I am grateful. Unfortunately, I do not have an understanding of electronics, at least not to this extent, and I cannot afford to pay the dealership a small fortune to complete this type of work at this particular time. Therefore, I am hopeful that Ford will offer some assistance.
Please keep us posted if Ford gets back with you. Thanks

MyMustangVault

Ghost Rhider
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 LE WW #381
I got tired of waiting. Held on to my LE Illuminated Door Sill plates for 3 months....then decided to proceed with the standard install. I spliced the Red & Blue wires together to make it purple - in honor of my Mom who passed away in March 2015 of Pancreatic Cancer ( = purple ). Install took about 1.5 hours.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Well, if Ford does ever come up with an official software update for the sills, maybe we can then hound them to upgrade the center instrument cluster display to show the vehicles digital speed, like the GT-350s!

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Is the passenger side sill plate identical to the driver side?

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Well, if Ford does ever come up with an official software update for the sills, maybe we can then hound them to upgrade the center instrument cluster display to show the vehicles digital speed, like the GT-350s!
This-->:ford:
Sponsored