y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Yes! - why wouldn't they be identicle?

Reading comprehension > me :headbonk:

I read this from the fordshowparts site and it states:

" The left side contains production number out of 1964. Center illuminates "2015 Limited Edition Mustang GT". The right side showcases the 50 Years logo. "

And I took the "...right side showcases the 50 Years logo." too literally lol. :frusty:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
As I stated in another thread, I ordered my 2015 with Pp and the 50th Pkg. The 50th pkg eliminates the illuminated sill plates but my printed order, signed by myself and the dealer, still said "includes illuminated sill plates"!! I pushed it with my dealer and within a month of my ownership....they supplied and installed them for..FREE .99 !! I would push it hard with your dealer, maybe even a lawyer?? Got nothing to lose and everything to gain!! It states you get it!! You paid for it so you ..."should" get it!! Good Luck!!

Sponsored

PONY1370

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary White 6spd
About to install the plates and I thought I should go check out the forum. Glad I did, I'm calling Ford to see what they will charge to do the work. I'd like to run the sills through the MyColor app.

Update: My dealer will not reprogram the BCM-B module. I looked up the VCM-II and it's about $1500, so I'll check with the local club to see if anyone can help.

Last edited:

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
About to install the plates and I thought I should go check out the forum. Glad I did, I'm calling Ford to see what they will charge to do the work. I'd like to run the sills through the MyColor app.

Update: My dealer will not reprogram the BCM-B module. I looked up the VCM-II and it's about $1500, so I'll check with the local club to see if anyone can help.
You still have to find a donor car to copy the program off of. Guess you'll be test driving a premium gt with myColor... lol :ford:

PONY1370

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50th Anniversary White 6spd
I'm leaning to just installing them and using the Blue setting. It looks good with the White paint. No matter what I do, I'm going to void the warranty. The Ford dealer refused the work on the basis that reprograming the BCM-B module voids the warranty; I spoke with the service manager about it. Seems like Ford and or Ford Show parts would put out a TSB on this, the folks buying LE's are true Ford people. 4 Mustangs and 4 trucks so far for me. A little disappointing that a $300 part doesn't have functionality to match the car.

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm leaning to just installing them and using the Blue setting. It looks good with the White paint. No matter what I do, I'm going to void the warranty. The Ford dealer refused the work on the basis that reprograming the BCM-B module voids the warranty; I spoke with the service manager about it. Seems like Ford and or Ford Show parts would put out a TSB on this, the folks buying LE's are true Ford people. 4 Mustangs and 4 trucks so far for me. A little disappointing that a $300 part doesn't have functionality to match the car.
Definitely disappointing as a fellow LE owner.:frusty:

Sponsored

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
I didn't know there were unique plates for the limited editions. Which makes no sense if they won't work without the right BCM code

toppbob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50yr trim
50 Year trim package

Looks like this Thread deals with the Limited Edition. I don't have the Limited Edition but I do have the 50 Yr Trim Package. It has the non illuminated sills like the LE. Now can i assume the BCM-B programming is the same as the LE and the My color fixes the same as the LE?
I have found take offs on EBay for cheap, so i'm more willing to experiment.

Now as far as making just one color (assuming BCM-B same as LE), What/where is the source power.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I didn't know there were unique plates for the limited editions. Which makes no sense if they won't work without the right BCM code
When I ordered my 2015 50th pkg...the order continued to print out.. Illuminated sill plates! Of course when I got the car, it did not!! The dealer promptly installed a set for free. The down side is they do not hook with My Color! I chose the Blue color. Hey, free is free right!!

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks, Voo Doo, I guess that answers the question
If you have an actual Limited Edition (500A package) car, then they did not come with illuminated sill plates. The 50th Anniversary add-on package with a 401A package would have come with illuminated sill plates, hence why Voo Doo received his after the fact... :cheers:
Sponsored