Ignition Coil Wire Harness Connector

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1, 18 F150 Lariat
I was the lucky recipient of a family of rat's in my garage over the winter and while I thought I did a good job of repelling the little F!@#$%s, I was apparently wrong and they nested in the engine bay on the passenger side. While it appears that they mostly just used it as a bathroom, I found the wire harness that connect from the coil pack to the main engine harness has been chewed up pretty good on the second coil pack, back from the front. I'm hoping to get a replacement for it without replacing the entire engine harness. Can anyone point me in the direction for one of these?

Annotation 2020-03-16 221616.png
Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
You may would be better off ordering the connector and pins and then adding some wire and doing a clean solder splice with heat shrink afterward. Just remember to clean the solder joint with some isopropyl alcohol prior to putting the heat shrink over it and shrinking it down. This removes the flux left over that is in the solder so it won't corrode and create potential high resistance issues down the road. Just use a small acid brush and then allow to dry out before heat shrinking. Use a heat gun (not an lighter) or cautiously use the heating element of the solder iron.

OP
OP
frestylmotox01

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I'd gladly try that, I've got access to some quality equipment and people who are more skilled than I'am, so that is a possibility. Any Idea what the P/N for that connector is or where I could find it? I checked the parts fiche and I was only able to come up with an entire harness which would be the last resort for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
frestylmotox01

frestylmotox01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
I think it may be, but was hoping for confirmation before I ordered the part. I wound up calling my local dealer and they were able to find it and order it for me. I'll confirm the part number when it arrives and update both threads.

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
what engine and year of your mustang? The link provided is the dark red connector that is for 2nd gen coyote mid 2016-2017... The green is what I needed to swap to to use the ford performance high energy ignition coil packs that are stock on the new GT500...

IMG_20201002_135728893.jpg

Last edited:

Wrightmike33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang GT performance package
what engine and year of your mustang? The link provided is the dark red connector that is for 2nd gen coyote mid 2016-2017... The green is what I needed to swap to to use the ford performance high energy ignition coil packs that are stock on the new GT500...

IMG_20201002_135728893.jpg
How did you get the pins in the new green connector I'm having difficulty Seating it and don't want to brake them

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
How did you get the pins in the new green connector I'm having difficulty Seating it and don't want to brake them
I followed these instructions. Each pin has a little notch that you pressed to dislodge, so perhaps pushed them to far down when removing. This happened to a few of mine. Try to lift it by using a needle/safety pin. I imagine any other issue maybe is they are trying to be inserted upside down. I did one connection at a time to make sure the orientation was not mistaken.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wrightmike33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
It's not that they won't lock its I cannot get them in all the way â…› ÂĽ in sticks out and cannot see the pin by the lock like something is in the way, the purple and white/ black strip pins are square and even wiggling them to see if they have to line up isn't working do I need a special tool?

Sponsored

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that they won't lock its I cannot get them in all the way â…› ÂĽ in sticks out and cannot see the pin by the lock like something is in the way, the purple and white/ black strip pins are square and even wiggling them to see if they have to line up isn't working do I need a special tool?
Maybe try another one? I received like 3 extra green connectors. I did not need any special tools in the instructions other than a needle.

Wrightmike33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Could try that did you take and picture putting back together also have any pictures of them going together?

GEBRONI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Could try that did you take and picture putting back together also have any pictures of them going together?
Sorry I just followed the instructions from Ford that is the file I attached earlier and the illustrations they provided.