Sponsored

Wire harness for backup camera

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Sirius Satellite antenna (which sounds like it from your response) may need to be replaced.

If it’s the same as the type I have dealt with in the past, that antenna wiring has an inner core and braided outer sheath on it and it’s difficult to properly splice. I know this from having an external Sirius unit that I had installed into a prior Bronco. The casing on mine became damaged and I tried to splice to no avail. I had to replace the entire antenna with another one.

Once that antenna wire is damaged or broke into 2, it’s not an easy fix. It’s similar to like a coaxial cable only smaller.

I would post in the Infotainment section asking if anyone knows how to splice together Sirius antenna wiring. I’m sure there is a specific method or maybe specific tool to use in order to fix properly so the signal is restored.
Sponsored

sapper_tom2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB CO
What if the trunk light and XM works fine? I lost my back up cam, BLIS and cross traffic tho

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
So is there a stiff wire in that thing? Cause mine can make a 180 degree sharp angle and I can see a broken off end inside the nylon wrap. Right now I wrapped the broken part with some electrical tape to keep it straight when closing the trunk lid like it should be.
Mine has the same broken white wire just noticed it the other day, looks like it catching on the lip of the truck and get pinched, all functions seem to be normal so Im not sure if its a dead wire or what. Going to swing by the dealer and see what they say

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Has anyone ever lost all functions of there screen because of the camera wiring being pinched. My camera has been going out intermittently, sometimes a black screen with the warning about camera failure and st sometimes flickering, but the other day it was black and stayed black even while driving. I turned the radio on and off using the hard power button and adjusted the volume using the knob but the screen was just dead for half an hour. On the next startup the screen worked and even the camera.

Sponsored