Sponsored

If anyone is looking for an '18 or '18 R....

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Sheridan Ford in Wilmington DE has been sitting on a few for MONTHS. I'm not sure about the R's but even 1yr ago they were selling the non-R's at a couple hundred off MSRP.

They have 4 GT350 and 2 GT350R. The Yellow R has been there since 4/18. I spoke with "Dave" and he said that the R's prices on the site haven't changed since they arrived on the lot, but they are open to offers on them and no ones asked about them in months as far as he's aware.

https://www.sheridanford.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&model[]=Mustang&page=1
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
They must sell a lot of mustangs to have that many GT350s.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
They must sell a lot of mustangs to have that many GT350s.
I called them and updated with the info I found out.

They used to have more than that sitting there. They had a 3rd R and at least 2 other GT350's not to long ago. They sold their Bullitt last week.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
Sheridan Ford in Wilmington DE has been sitting on a few for MONTHS. I'm not sure about the R's but even 1yr ago they were selling the non-R's at a couple hundred off MSRP.

They have 4 GT350 and 2 GT350R. The Yellow R has been there since 4/18. I spoke with "Dave" and he said that the R's prices on the site haven't changed since they arrived on the lot, but they are open to offers on them and no ones asked about them in months as far as he's aware.

https://www.sheridanford.com/new-vehicles/#action=im_ajax_call&perform=get_results&model[]=Mustang&page=1
The two R MSRP’s are shown as being 79K... that’s about $10K above what I think it normally is ($69K for a 2018).

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
The two R MSRP’s are shown as being 79K... that’s about $10K above what I think it normally is ($69K for a 2018).
Yeah.. i said that in my post.

" spoke with "Dave" and he said that the R's prices on the site haven't changed since they arrived on the lot, but they are open to offers on them and no ones asked about them in months as far as he's aware."

For reference they had a Bullitt marked 5k over on their site for over a month, but I was told it sold for MSRP.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
In your other post, it sounded like they’ve been sitting for months at msrp. So they are asking $10k over but will take less but no guarantee of msrp.

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
In your other post, it sounded like they’ve been sitting for months at msrp. So they are asking $10k over but will take less but no guarantee of msrp.
They were asking $100K each for the 2 Rs in July when I bought my GT350. I didn't even bother to give them an offer on them because they were starting at such a ridiculous position. (Actually, I wouldn't have been interested in the yellow one. My wife hated it.)

<TED>

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Correct, sorry I definitely worded that poorly initially.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
This is an interesting thread, since it causes me ask myself “would you buy a 2nd 2018 R at MSRP or a little over MSRP?” As much as I love my 1st one, the answer is still something less than yes, but not exactly no. I like that white one. ;-)

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Correct, sorry I definitely worded that poorly initially.
All good. Selfishly, while I realize things are slowing down some, this is the first time I've been able to enjoy such little depreciation on a car, ever. I think that if their car had been advertised at MSRP, it would be sold by now. Yellow cars - that takes a special person to buy one of those, too. @Tomster :)

Sponsored

tedj101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby 350GT Steeda springs, sways, camber plates, toe links etc: 14 BMW 328d
All good. Selfishly, while I realize things are slowing down some, this is the first time I've been able to enjoy such little depreciation on a car, ever. I think that if their car had been advertised at MSRP, it would be sold by now. Yellow cars - that takes a special person to buy one of those, too. @Tomster :)
The white car would definitely be gone. I would have bought it. (I only live 4 miles from this dealership).

<TED>

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I've come to really love that triple yellow R. So much so, that I don't think I'm going to sell it. I don't throw the L word around much, but that car has really grown on me. My TY is a sharp car, especially with all the enhancements. It is very rare amongst its peers, and it screams of performance.

I've got an avalanche grey R and I cant make up my mind which I like better. I'm probably going to keep both and just add the 500R to the stable. Now, what color should that be?

With any luck, my wife will have a GT in the driveway on Christmas morning...….. Yep, I'll keep dreaming.

Back on point..... If you are one of those people (like someone that I used to know) that is so OCD and it has to be a certain color, then triple yellow may not be for you. However, it is a rare color and it grabs your eye. When you are talking about an R, that is not really a bad thing.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I'l like the non-R 350, but I just don't have the funds for it right now. There is a 2016 not far away I have an eye on though. I'm just more worried about long term costs to daily it vs something with a normal 5.0.

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I've come to really love that triple yellow R. So much so, that I don't think I'm going to sell it. I don't throw the L word around much, but that car has really grown on me. My TY is a sharp car, especially with all the enhancements. It is very rare amongst its peers, and it screams of performance.

I've got an avalanche grey R and I cant make up my mind which I like better. I'm probably going to keep both and just add the 500R to the stable. Now, what color should that be?

With any luck, my wife will have a GT in the driveway on Christmas morning...….. Yep, I'll keep dreaming.

Back on point..... If you are one of those people (like someone that I used to know) that is so OCD and it has to be a certain color, then triple yellow may not be for you. However, it is a rare color and it grabs your eye. When you are talking about an R, that is not really a bad thing.
I rented a Yellow GT this summer and that rental got me started on the whole Mustang bandwagon. I enjoyed that yellow GT for the three 3 days I drove it around TX very much, and I'll always remember that car (i.e., my first experience driving a mustang). The only downside I noticed with the Yellow was black underneath some minor scratches (door handle, bumper) tended to stand out.

OP
OP

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Sounds like they want to make ~5-6k on it then. 75K out the door after tax for VA, not counting if you wanted them to ship too, would have given them about 2,500 over MSRP.
Sponsored