Idle issue after SC install (vmp Odin)

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I Recently had the Odin installed and I’m having an idle issue after the car has been on for a while. It would start to idle funky going up to about 800 and dropping down below 500 and eventually turning off. Turning it back on after 5min it would idle normally then back to idling weird. I would have to hold the brake and give a little throttle to keep it from stalling. The guy from the shop said it would eventually relearn the idle but it’s been 3 days so I’m thinking it may be something else. Another thing that happened when I was it Park while the car was idling funky I gave it throttle to about 2k rpm and it started idling weird but at a higher rpm. Fluctuating between 700 and 1200rpm anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?
It’s a 2020 mustang gt
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I Recently had the Odin installed and I’m having an idle issue after the car has been on for a while. It would start to idle funky going up to about 800 and dropping down below 500 and eventually turning off. Turning it back on after 5min it would idle normally then back to idling weird. I would have to hold the brake and give a little throttle to keep it from stalling. The guy from the shop said it would eventually relearn the idle but it’s been 3 days so I’m thinking it may be something else. Another thing that happened when I was it Park while the car was idling funky I gave it throttle to about 2k rpm and it started idling weird but at a higher rpm. Fluctuating between 700 and 1200rpm anyone have any thoughts on what it could be?
It’s a 2020 mustang gt
Wrong injector data, tps, maf, any codes?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Contact Daryl Wengerd tuning, send him your logs and he will get the car running stout with a couple of revisions. He’s and excellent tuner for the vmp odin sc’s:

https://m.facebook.com/WengerdTuning/

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I would disassemble the air intake and reinstall. A vacuum leak will do that. Also make sure the MAF sensor is secured well.

Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Assuming it's not a vacuum leak as abmobil correctly said, then Dominant1 is right.

Wengerd has fixed a bunch of VMP software issues very successfully.

Darryl Wengerd made my Stage II Procharger tune absolutely perfect.

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
Check throttle blade angle with key on. You will need a scanner that can read that. Mine was out of spec, reflased the tune, problem solved.

brianbr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic GT PP
Check throttle blade angle with key on. You will need a scanner that can read that. Mine was out of spec, reflased the tune, problem solved.
What is it supposed to read?

Vegas5OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 PP
You need to take a datalog and send it to whoever is tuning the car. They will be able to tell right away what is wrong.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I noticed that the idle was hanging at 1500 rpm on my car for 3-5 seconds after closing the throttle when coming to a stop. I did some checking and found that the TPS was reading 2.5% with key in the accessory mode, according to my nitrous controller touch screen. I was able to adjust (zero it out) by changing the open and closed voltage settings via the touch screen. The only things that I had changed prior to this discovery was add a PMAS air intake system and played with the TPS voltage a bit. I’m hoping that’ll take care of it.

I also found a throttle body reset procedure for the Ecoboost cars. Does anyone know if it works for the GT too?

This is the procedure:

(1) Push the ON/ accessory starter button (But don't start the engine).

(2) Press the gas pedal slowly all the way down. (Slowly - means about 10 seconds)

(3) Let go of the gas pedal fast so it come back up.

(4) Press the starter button to the OFF position.

(5) Repeat steps 1 to 4 - Two more times then start engine."

Go for a drive and feel the difference. Enjoy. :)

Desert Dog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang GT
The Blower or Throttle Body company should be able to give you the key on Value for the Throttle Body, you are running. It’s a easy check. I know the SCT devices can read it.
Sponsored