Sponsored

I will not mod. I will not mod. Repeat...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm... this is frustrating. I was literally about to order a bunch of stuff, but now thinking of holding off as UK supply may be preferable.

Of more importance perhaops is whether or not they will be supplying warranty-friendly mods?
http://mustangforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8439&p=73399&hilit=mountune#p73399
Is the update i'd got (Cant link facebook from work PC, but had it copied there), i'd asked specifically on tunes, but assume the rest would follow quickly after in true Mountune fashion.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
http://mustangforum.uk/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8439&p=73399&hilit=mountune#p73399
Is the update i'd got (Cant link facebook from work PC, but had it copied there), i'd asked specifically on tunes, but assume the rest would follow quickly after in true Mountune fashion.
After looking at the site, I expect the upgrades will be intake/tune/exhaust - which is what I predicted Ford UK would offer 'officially'.

As the mods I'm looking at are handling - not offered by Mountune other than springs - I think I'm safe to proceed :)

Then again, I fully expect them to remain in boxes for several months whilst I agonise over whether it's worth changing from stock! But I'm an impatient type, so would rather have them to hand if I do decide to 'upgrade'.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
After looking at the site, I expect the upgrades will be intake/tune/exhaust - which is what I predicted Ford UK would offer 'officially'.

As the mods I'm looking at are handling - not offered by Mountune other than springs - I think I'm safe to proceed :)

Then again, I fully expect them to remain in boxes for several months whilst I agonise over whether it's worth changing from stock! But I'm an impatient type, so would rather have them to hand if I do decide to 'upgrade'.
Are we sure it will be just engine mods they offer? After all, it's not like they actually manufacture any of the parts - they are all stock items from Ford Performance. So as the only official UK supplier (is that correct?) why wouldn't they also offer the suspension/chassis mods - that said, do the parts they sell (as an official supplier) need to comply with any EU regs (such as noise/ride height etc) that we as individuals buying from the States can ignore?

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuelled by the excitement of seeing my car finally ready to get on a boat (next week), I've started battering the budget with the first round of mods!

FRPP Oil seperator
FRPP track shocks
FRPP jounce kit
FRPP eccentric camber bolts
FRPP GT X Pipe (this may be surplus to requirements due to Milltek kit - but shipping stays the same so may sell here when landed)
FRPP bue valve covers
Roush Quad Tip rear valance prepped for parking sensors (ready for Milltek quad exhaust)

Now added:
Running pony decklid
Splash guards

Not going to fit anything for a while, but nothing like a load of boxes full of shiny parts to make a chap smile ;)

Last edited:

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Well ..... having said I wasn't going to do anything to my car, a FedEx package arrived today :)
IMAG0940.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice! Where did you get the BMR cradle lockout from? Struggling to get it at a decent price shipped.

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Nice! Where did you get the BMR cradle lockout from? Struggling to get it at a decent price shipped.
It was from 'Stage3Motorsports' in Arizona, I think. It came via the warehousing route so it was free domestic shipping :) ...... however, although it says 'ships in 1 - 2 days' on the Stage3 website I did have to wait about 10 days - but no big deal.

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It was from 'Stage3Motorsports' in Arizona, I think. It came via the warehousing route so it was free domestic shipping :) ...... however, although it says 'ships in 1 - 2 days' on the Stage3 website I did have to wait about 10 days - but no big deal.
Who do you use for the warehousing - Stackry? I'm curious as to what sort of costs they charge for shipping to the UK.

Just paid $900 for two shipments exc. import duties! :(

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Who do you use for the warehousing - Stackry? I'm curious as to what sort of costs they charge for shipping to the UK.

Just paid $900 for two shipments exc. import duties! :(
All the stuff I had shipped cost $135 and arrived inside a week. I think shipping costs are around the same whichever warehousing firm you use, the differences between them relate more to the extras. Some give you 45 days free storage, others 90 days. Some charge you to re-pack your goods into a single parcel others don't. Some (maybe all?) offer a 'shopping service' so they buy the stuff for you, as some retailers won't let you pay with a UK based account and ship to a US address. So there are all sorts of factors that affect the final cost rather than just shipping - but I suspect it's a bit of 'swings and roundabouts' really, you probably end up paying about the same whichever firm you end up using.

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fitted FRPP oil seperator (why you'd use an aftermarket version over this - which looks completely OEM - is beyond me?) and some colour co-ordinated valve covers (so now have grey set surplus to requirements!?!).
IMG_7029.jpg
IMG_7030.jpg
IMG_7031.jpg