Sponsored

I will not mod. I will not mod. Repeat...

McDoodle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A grey car
Sorry, posted this on the wrong thread earlier - meant to be here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] has had most of his stuff shipped in from the States, but does anyone know if Ford UK offering the Ford Performance parts as yet? A while back the news was Mountune were going to be the 'official' Ford tuning supplier and you could get the parts fitted at your local dealer.

Having looked on the Mountune website, it says 'Mustang', but there isn't a link or any mention of parts. If these people are supposed to be the 'go to' Ford supplier it's a very disappointing situation. Is there anyone else in the UK that is stocking/supplying Ford Performance parts, or is shipping from the US still the best option? I know GT101 can help, but they're a bit far away for us guys up here in the Midlands. Modurstang are closer but still a bit of a jaunt. But I imagine they are not official stockists of Ford Performance parts, they just essentially do what I would do and order the parts in from the States?
Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Why are people changing oil so soon? Curious
I think it is because there can be metal shavings in the oil from the car being run in, or else they just want to change to better quality oil.

Sponsored

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The engine takes 5w20 and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of choice over here for that grade, Castrol Magnatec looking like the best easily available.

Gibbo is looking to go to 5w30 which opens up the choices but then admits he gives his engine a hard time so for you and me that don't, we'll probably be better off sticking to 5w20.

Looking on Ebay/Amazon you can get 10 litres of Magnatec delivered for about £65 which, when you add on a tenner for the filter makes the £250 I was quoted for an oil change from Gowrings all the more hilarious. :lol: £150 would've been expensive but understandable from a main dealer; £250 though? :crazy:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
The engine takes 5w20 and there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of choice over here for that grade, Castrol Magnatec looking like the best easily available.

Gibbo is looking to go to 5w30 which opens up the choices but then admits he gives his engine a hard time so for you and me that don't, we'll probably be better off sticking to 5w20.

Looking on Ebay/Amazon you can get 10 litres of Magnatec delivered for about £65 which, when you add on a tenner for the filter makes the £250 I was quoted for an oil change from Gowrings all the more hilarious. :lol: £150 would've been expensive but understandable from a main dealer; £250 though? :crazy:
Obviously saw you were a big spender with such a sick car, thought they could squeeze some money out of you... muppets!

DonKarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
Another minor mod completed (can you tell I'm doing the cheap stuff first).
Interior lights swapped to led
:thumbsup: Looks good mate. Are you able to share with us which LED bulbs you went for? I'm debating whether to just go for the Diode Dynamics kit or source the bulbs separately myself.

The manual says 'T10' for the vanity mirror bulbs, which would make them the same as the W5W/194, but the kit from Diode Dynanics says these are 74 size, which would make them T5?? :confused:

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
:thumbsup: Looks good mate. Are you able to share with us which LED bulbs you went for? I'm debating whether to just go for the Diode Dynamics kit or source the bulbs separately myself.

The manual says 'T10' for the vanity mirror bulbs, which would make them the same as the W5W/194, but the kit from Diode Dynanics says these are 74 size, which would make them T5?? :confused:

Yeah I just went for the diode dynamics ones, started looking around in eBay and such like then just decided to get the diode ones as I was getting some stuff shipped over from the states anyway. It all went in the same package, for $34 it wasn't worth messing around with individuals or cheap rubbish

Sponsored

DonKarlos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Ecoboost Fastback
Yeah I just went for the diode dynamics ones, started looking around in eBay and such like then just decided to get the diode ones as I was getting some stuff shipped over from the states anyway. It all went in the same package, for $34 it wasn't worth messing around with individuals or cheap rubbish
Thanks for the info. The Diode Dynamics kit is looking the better option as the equivalent Osram/Philips LEDs for the other interior lights (W5W/194) are around £15 a pair. And like you said, it's not really worth messing around with the cheap rubbish. Some of the T5 offerings on eBay look nasty.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3

You will be worse off sticking to 5W-20 irrlevent of how you drive the car.

Oil film protects your engine, on a regular or semi-synth 5W-20 on a hot summers day with the engine upto full temperature that oil film is extremely thin and the wear on the engine components higher as such.

Castrol magnetic is a semi-synth it is their mid-range oil, its OK but for about £10-£20 per oil change I want to put decent more protective oil in my car. I believe even Ford UK themselves recommend 5W-30 might even say so in the handbook as well.

USA uses 5W-20 for one reason, its cheaper, it helps economy and reduces emissions, unfortunately it is not so protective of your engine.

Lets not forget our engine can rev to 7000rpm, the Voodoo revs to 8250rpm and Ford are putting 5W-50 in that and some owners are putting 10W-60.

Irrelevent of driving style, good oil will make your engine last longer and that is why I shall only be putting fully synthetic 5W-30 in mine and will likely go with Amsoil Signature series or Mobil 1 or Castrol Edge/FST.

Lastly I don't give my engine a hard time, it never sees above 3000rpm until water temp is nominal and never above 4000rpm until oil temp is mid-way, only then do I drop the hammer and I tend to change gear around 6000-6500rpm with just the odd occasion hitting 7000rpm, because again on a warm engine, stretching its legs is good for it. This is giving an engine a good time!

Giving an engine a hard time is the plonker who gets in their stone cold car, sits revving it, lets it idle for ages or just goes full throttle and high revs on a cold engine, this is giving a cars engine a hard time.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry, posted this on the wrong thread earlier - meant to be here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] has had most of his stuff shipped in from the States, but does anyone know if Ford UK offering the Ford Performance parts as yet? A while back the news was Mountune were going to be the 'official' Ford tuning supplier and you could get the parts fitted at your local dealer.

Having looked on the Mountune website, it says 'Mustang', but there isn't a link or any mention of parts. If these people are supposed to be the 'go to' Ford supplier it's a very disappointing situation. Is there anyone else in the UK that is stocking/supplying Ford Performance parts, or is shipping from the US still the best option? I know GT101 can help, but they're a bit far away for us guys up here in the Midlands. Modurstang are closer but still a bit of a jaunt. But I imagine they are not official stockists of Ford Performance parts, they just essentially do what I would do and order the parts in from the States?
I messaged Mountune about this and this was their reply, "All will be revealed soon. Keep an eye out on our social media pages and website for updates on parts for the Mustang!"

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I messaged Mountune about this and this was their reply, "All will be revealed soon. Keep an eye out on our social media pages and website for updates on parts for the Mustang!"
I'd messaged them on facebook back in december, the update was that March would be when they'd have things / start releasing, obviously this was planned so should be soon :cool:

OP
OP

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
I'd messaged them on facebook back in december, the update was that March would be when they'd have things / start releasing, obviously this was planned so should be soon :cool:
Hmm... this is frustrating. I was literally about to order a bunch of stuff, but now thinking of holding off as UK supply may be preferable.

Of more importance perhaops is whether or not they will be supplying warranty-friendly mods?
Sponsored