Sponsored

Will we ever see the GT350 model in the UK?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Is the MY18 GT350 getting the new droopier font like the GT? I read somewhere there were going to be no external changes

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Is the MY18 GT350 getting the new droopier font like the GT? I read somewhere there were going to be no external changes
The current GT350 already has a lower snout that the current GT I think i'm right in saying? Doesn't share the same front end at all.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
GT350 had the lower front end from the start, it was one of the inspirations to do it on MY18 GT for improved aero, performance and safety aspects.

As such MY18 GT350 is simply colours, MY18 GT just gets some of the GT 350 technology incorporated into it such as active exhaust, magneride, lower front-end and maybe some of the stuff such as chassis bracing and half shafts.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
There is no way that car is £50k better than a stock GT, and its a left hooker.
Power-wise Gibbo is just about there...
standard 350 probably not but a 350R definitely is ford really nailed it with that engine/suspension/looks/handling on both of them but the R even more so with details like the carbon fibre wheels etc.

They should have just made the 350 the standard my18 they'd have sold them by the tonne. (or should that be ton)

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Much as I'd like the 350 to come here I can't see it happening, there's always the possibility of someone greenlighting a vanity project however. Big corporations have done far more stupid things in the past.

I believe a lot of the guys behind the 6th gen mustang have been promoted to bigger and better things as a result of its success. (Dave Pericak etc.). So I just hope the team that has filled their places are just as talented and committed. Would be nice for 7th Gen and 8th Gen to be just as ground breaking.

There's the downside risk of course, that some bright spark says "why bother with RHD export markets when we're doing so well at home" and we're back to the Mustang being a LHD exotic. Who knows, let's just enjoy it while it's here I say.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
It's not just about us either. If the market in Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, India, New Zealand, Indonesia etc warrants a RHD version then we stand a better chance. Ford never seem to have felt like going down the 'official' LHD version in a RHD country route like Chevy.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The biggest RHD markets are UK and Australia so it makes a difference on UK and OZ take up. Also, should remember that the GT350 is stick shift only so as long as the manuals stay in the majority we have a good chance of it coming over!!

Sponsored

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
It's not just about us either. If the market in Australia, Hong Kong, South Africa, India, New Zealand, Indonesia etc warrants a RHD version then we stand a better chance. Ford never seem to have felt like going down the 'official' LHD version in a RHD country route like Chevy.
Releasing the LHD Camaro in the U.K. showed how unserious Chevy were and how little they cared. So many UK buyers, from my experience of looking at the 5th gen, went with a US spec purely as there were very few disadvantages and it looked so much better, cheaper tax, no silly dumbo wing mirrors, nicer rear lights, etc.

willisit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Monaro, DeLorean, Viva, S5, 600F
Releasing the LHD Camaro in the U.K. showed how unserious Chevy were and how little they cared. So many UK buyers, from my experience of looking at the 5th gen, went with a US spec purely as there were very few disadvantages and it looked so much better, cheaper tax, no silly dumbo wing mirrors, nicer rear lights, etc.
I was part of the small group (or large.. I never found out) that had things like hospitality with Chevy at the Festival of Speed and a few other events whilst they tried work out how to "do" the Camaro over here. I think I was in contact with them for around three years saying "I'll buy one" and they just couldn't get it right.

Same goes for the Corvette - Chevy wants to be serious and even engineered the cars for RHD markets, but then decided the costs were too high to actually deliver the car as such, so it remained LHD with no dealer chain. Pointless.

A car like the 350 would likely be £75k over here; it might have a market, but not one worth selling in at that money (it's too competitive with 911s, R8s, GTRs) and I don't think enough of us could stretch. I couldn't.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I don't think enough of us could stretch. I couldn't.
Well that's it isn't it? If I had £80k I probably wouldn't be buying a very expensive Mustang.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
It's not coming, we're better off praying for the Gen7 GT350/Gt500 whatever comes performance eversion of the Stang, that'll be way more likely with a then/now consistent look at the order books, performance mods people are doing, market research etc, at the moment we're still a very, very, very new market for all Mustang owners.

Would I buy a Gt350 if I had the cash? hell yes... for £80k? It'd be very hard for me to stretch for that (with the need to buy a new house/move out coming up very shortly).
Sponsored