Sponsored

I want to deprogram my rear speakers' EQ

cking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17GT350AG/BS-MGW/UPR/ABLIP
I second that! He figured out turning off ESE and the bass/volume roll off. This will the best that can be done with stock setup. I also think a better set of tweeters will help the quality.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GTP

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
The roll off occurs in the ACM. My question is why keep the factory amp? If you want to test the amp itself it's pretty easy. You buy the parts and I'll make you a harness you can test with.

It was solved awhile ago. 727-01-02: 00xx xxxx xx Confirmed with a lab grade scope.
I believe you, [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION]. Yes, if all the EQ is in the ACM (the logical place), and I can deprogram it, then I will be golden.
And in that case, I don't have to fuss with amps, or re-wire anything. Except for speakers, which is what I do best. :thumbsup:

If you would point me to your most pertinent post #s in this thread, I will add them to my post #1. E.g. Amazon link for OBD widget, etc.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I believe you, [MENTION=28081]HextallS550[/MENTION]. Yes, if all the EQ is in the ACM (the logical place), and I can deprogram it, then I will be golden.
And in that case, I don't have to fuss with amps, or re-wire anything. Except for speakers, which is what I do best. :thumbsup:

If you would point me to your most pertinent post #s in this thread, I will add them to my post #1. E.g. Amazon link for OBD widget, etc.
"""

I don't use that OBD thing. I have a VCM2. If you check my Sync 3 post it's linked.
The roll off is the ACM. You'll still have DSP processing occurring bc of the DSP/Amp of course. Changing the curves in that is a different story. Most of the people I have helped are removing the DSP/Amp to install aftermarket Amps and DSP.

Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Already sold what I had. The next batch will have to be some kind of group buy. The distributor for the connectors will not sell in small quantities anymore.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Who else is interested?

Sponsored

Bigdrumma22

Sangre
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT
Just read through this whole thread on my lunch break. Has me a bit weary. I recently purchased a programmer/harness from OEMRadio within the past month and he was great with communication. It can be purchased here https://www.infotainment.com/products/ford-aftermarket-amplifier-audio-harness. That's the company he's working with now. After reading some of these posts though, it seems some of you don't agree that the programmer actually functions as advertised.:shrug: I hope this isn't the case as I plan to install my system over christmas break in my base system car.

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
Who else is interested?
I am interested, as well. I'd talked to HextallS550 in PM about one a few weeks ago before that batch sold out, but never pulled the trigger. :frusty:

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I have three of Hextall's harnesses in my car, the RCA outs and then two harnesses for speaker inputs back to the door speakers that he was able to make me.

All are working great and are excellent quality. Very happy and highly recommend him! Price was unbeatable.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I recently purchased a programmer/harness from OEMRadio within the past month and he was great with communication. It can be purchased here https://www.infotainment.com/products/ford-aftermarket-amplifier-audio-harness. That's the company he's working with now. After reading some of these posts though, it seems some of you don't agree that the programmer actually functions as advertised.:shrug: I hope this isn't the case as I plan to install my system over christmas break in my base system car.
Unfortunately what Jesse promises and what he can actually do are two different things and his version of the programmer was proven to be unable to remove the equalization by different people on different forums.

He was an early member to the FORScan board and leveraged that knowledge to take advantage of people who weren't up to date. he lied about what he could do, he lied about some of the processes he was performing. He did not have some Ford engineer that was advising him, he was dishonest in obtaining parts such as bezels, he tried to tell people with GT350's that there were differences in their cars that warranted an increase in cost, his statement that programming needs a VIN number to be programmed into the APIM was false (he needed it to use the FORScan compare tool, another tool available for free) So for $250 you have a programmer that doesn't do what FORScan can do for free. My whole Sync 3 thread was to save people from his BS.
I get asked about Pn'P harnesses all the time... The truth is obtaining the parts to make plug and play harnesses is extremely difficult because Tyco does not make mating connectors for the APIM, GPSM or 4.2" screen. The connectors used by OEMRadio aka infotainment aka Jesse, 4D tech et al are reverse engineered Chinese forgeries. I haven't had one pass a pull test yet.

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
All are working great and are excellent quality. Very happy and highly recommend him! Price was unbeatable.
That's because I'm not interested in ripping my fellow enthusiasts off:D

2017_11_29_15_54_42.jpg

Those connectors are cheap Chinese forgeries of Yazaki and Tyco. For $55 I use the real thing and offer FORScan support for free, no "Custom programmed for your VIN" BS
Sponsored

Last edited: