Sponsored

I think I've had enough of the 350......

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
2018 GT350, 8,940 miles. It's had some warranty work in the past on the tranny. Windshield wipes don't work some times. A/C won't come on sometimes. Car won't start now, maybe a fuel pump or related issue. It was the Crank Sensor last time I was having issues with it. Thinking about moving on to something else.
8940 miles in 4-5 years? Why bother? Sitting around not driving is the worst thing you can do for a modern vehicle. These cars are meant to be driven, not sitting in a garage. Just my opinion.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
8940 miles in 4-5 years? Why bother? Sitting around not driving is the worst thing you can do for a modern vehicle. These cars are meant to be driven, not sitting in a garage. Just my opinion.

You are absolutely right my friend. Wish I had more time too enjoy it, but life and work gets in the way of fun toys sometimes.

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
You are absolutely right my friend. Wish I had more time too enjoy it, but life and work gets in the way of fun toys sometimes.
I hear ya, life is busy. Thatā€™s why mineā€™s a daily driver (not a GT350), I get to enjoy it every day.

chefwally32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
walter
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp2
Vehicle Showcase
everyone is right here; it is an individual basis. What works for others doesn't work for some. I switched from corvettes to mustangs due to always having issues, it was ridiculous, and didn't matter how much money I threw at it. Sometimes you have to cut your losses and start over I almost bought the gt350, as a matter of fact a gt 350r. being in my 50's been a dream of mine, and i love this s550 body style I spoke to several friends that race mustangs and was talked into a coyote-based car instead of the gt350. Now that my car is built, I am so happy I went this direction, when comparing heads up with my buddy's gt350, I made the right decision. For you I understand on to a different car, it sucks, but will be better in the future for you, follow that gut feeling, only way when it's a hot rod decision!

Sponsored

Deleted member 56911

Iā€™ve had my 2020 GT500 for 2 years. Itā€™s a summer weekend totally fun vehicle. 1,927 miles on it. Never close to having a problem with the car. Itā€™s starts up fine. Itā€™s music to my ears at every cold start. Therefore your theory depends on the vehicle.

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™ve had my 2020 GT500 for 2 years. Itā€™s a summer weekend totally fun vehicle. 1,927 miles on it. Never close to having a problem with the car. Itā€™s starts up fine. Itā€™s music to my ears at every cold start. Therefore your theory depends on the vehicle.
I was just voicing my opinion is all. I just canā€™t see spending that kind of money for a car, to see it be a garage queen. I bought mine to drive it rain, sleet, snow or dark of night.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I was just voicing my opinion is all. I just canā€™t see spending that kind of money for a car, to see it be a garage queen. I bought mine to drive it rain, sleet, snow or dark of night.
Yes, everybody has their opinions on this. I agree that you must use what you have to actually enjoy whatever it is.
That said, 8940miles in 5 years is hardly letting it sit. Thatā€™s driving across country over three times.
I have a work truck that Iā€™ve owned since new in ā€˜08ā€¦Just crossed over 100K.
My GT350 is a third car with 10.6K on it in just under 2 1/2 years. Believe me, it doesnā€™t sit but itā€™s also not a daily.
Overwhelming majority here do not daily their GT350ā€™s.

Last edited:

ShelbyMike21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt350
Always something with this car. I think it was built on Monday or Friday.
20221007_175332.jpg
Hope the fuel pump module fix the issue for you bud

I have a 2018 gt350 as well and im at 18k miles currently but so far zero issues.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yes, everybody has their opinions on this. I agree that you must use what you have to actually enjoy whatever it is.
That said, 8940miles in 5 years is hardly letting it sit. Thatā€™s driving across country over three times.
I have a work truck that Iā€™ve owned since new in ā€˜08ā€¦Just crossed over 100K.
My GT350 is a third car with 10.6K on it in just under 2 1/2 years. Believe me, it doesnā€™t sit but itā€™s also not a daily.
Overwhelming majority here do not daily there GT350ā€™s.

Yea, it was never intended to be a daily. I knew it would sit more than I drove it when I bought it, just like my 29 thousand mile 03 Cobra. I still love it as much as the day I purchased it. Just wish It wasn't so qwerky, but that could very well be from sitting more than it should. Most people on here would be disappointed on how I actually drive it. I'm approaching middle age and I do my best to take care of her as I should, but she has seen 8k on occasions! One of the most rewarding cars I've ever driven.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
Wow, and I thought my GT had very low miles! Anyway, that's about to change in about 6 months when we move to the mainland where I can "open her up" more than I can on an island. Am looking ahead for some safe fun up there.

scd603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ford should have never fielded a 12:1 compression motor without the DI on the gen3. 93 is just too unpredictable and one gulp of questionable fuel is enough to do bad things to high compression engines.

I'm convinced the voodoo does MUCH better on E85 than it does on 93. I have no data or anything to back that up, but after my first tune N/A I installed an Nguage and one of the things I watched was spark and knock retard and I was shocked how much the knock sensors were working even when it didn't feel or hear like anything abnormal.

With the cruise on in 6th gear at 75 mph, even the slightest incline would have the motor pulling timing (and you'd never know it without an Ngauge or computer/datalogger sitting in the seat beside you). I think the car/motor just liked E85 better, not just for the bump in power and torque, but the knock sensors just seemed happier in every condition.

High ambient temps (and corresponding IAT's) and high compression is very demanding of the fuel.
I never use 6th gear, not for that reason, I just think it is useless sand takes away the fun

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
That said, 8940miles in 5 years is hardly letting it sit.
šŸ˜‚ 1,788 miles per year is indeed letting it sitā€¦

not judging, but I cover than that in an average month šŸ˜¬

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just heard back from the stealership. They say it's a fuel pump module. We will see. Part should be here tomorrow. Hopefully that's all it is.
Fuel pump module tied to wiper and A/C circuits too? I hope they are correcting all of your concerns previously mentioned and not just the car failing to start....

---

As for driving the cars subject matter - have to, sitting is the worst for any vehicle, even a garaged vehicle.

My 94 SVT Cobra, although not an S550 GT350 or "Shelby", is the lowest surviving registered 1994 SVT Cobra Coupe by VIN and by SVT Build #13 out of the 5,009 Coupes that is still driven. From my thorough exhaustive research and the help of others, Cobra Coupe #12 was last registered in 2021.

Cobra Coupes #01-#11 haven't seen registration renewals or been heard of in the last 10-20+ years. Who knows their condition and their whereabouts is anyones guess (but if you do know, PM ME - because I'm always collecting data on the 94 Cobras).

Point being, I have 144k original miles on #13 - and still drive it on nice days. I've owned it (18) years and am also the verified 2nd owner, as I have been in touch with the 1st owner.

I really don't care about "future state" or monetary valuations, Barrett Jackson, Mecum, BAT or the like venues - the car was built and designed to be driven, not stored like some 1:18 model on a shelf.

It was a daily driver through all seasons and has taken it's fair share of trophies over the years as well. Even with the accrued miles, no one believes it until they see the odometer because the car looks THAT good in/out and is just as good as some of the "wrapped in a bubble Omg there's pollen in the air and it's going to rain 3 days from today garage queens"...
--

Put it this way, you can still have a great vehicle that presents itself very well and still looks new in/out even if daily driving it - it's all how you take care of it in the end.

And after some folks store these things for eons without really enjoying them - they die, and after the die, the thing is removed from the garage and driven.... Hell, not only didn't they drive it and enjoy it, they don't even get to collect the big fat payout they were waiting all along to net ... because ya know, "it's a collectible".... but ... they're dead... LMFAO....:devil:
Sponsored

Last edited: