Sponsored

I think I've had enough of the 350......

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
No, those issues are intermittent, but they were made aware of that complaint as well. My main focus was getting it running again. Just got off the horn with the stealership and that was the fix. Will pick it up tomorrow. The 350 was never bought with the hopes it would be a collectable one day, could care less, and if it is worth more than what I paid for it by thousands and thousands of dollars, more than likely I will be dead and gone before that day comes. It's just a toy and my stress relief.
Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
And if you wanted to sell it, I'd be interested. A red '94 (or '95) Cobra coupe is on my list of Mustangs I didn't own but wanted to...

DroopyGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Before motor went bad I had no issues. After the motor was swapped for a newer one

1) a/c has failed twice
2) reverse camera wouldn’t activate
3) clutch engagement issues
4) side rear window weather strip
5) front splitter fell off of the car 3x
6) new a/c issue

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Start a buyback.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Before motor went bad I had no issues. After the motor was swapped for a newer one

1) a/c has failed twice
2) reverse camera wouldn’t activate
3) clutch engagement issues
4) side rear window weather strip
5) front splitter fell off of the car 3x
6) new a/c issue
Dealer service has gotten terrible in recent years. Not sure training has kept up with complicated cars. And again, not a GT350 issue. Know people with similar issues with Explorers, Escapes and other brands as well. There was an article somewhere that said be prepared to live without your car for months if it goes in.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Way
Dealer service has gotten terrible in recent years. Not sure training has kept up with complicated cars. And again, not a GT350 issue. Know people with similar issues with Explorers, Escapes and other brands as well. There was an article somewhere that said be prepared to live without your car for months if it goes in.
Yea, it's not just the GT350, it's every car manufacturer basically these days. I read on other popular forums on the net. Similar stories, different make and model.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Well, that wasn't the fix, started doing it again. Had to take it back, just an hour after picking it up.
Unfortunate that your car isn't fixed. I was pointing out earlier their relayed "fix" to you isn't the fix...

There's a definite electrical issue that is affecting the car, modules or associated components down line. Of course if that electrical issue is on the same string of harnesses as XYZ components, the DTC's will point to the component because it went "offline" - it's NOT going to scream out "hey, there's a short, ground or break in XYZ harness"....

The Shop Techs need to do a pin out trace diagnosis from the component of failure BACK up the harness/connector string/route. IF they have put on a brand new part and the problem still exists, the route of the cause is electrical. That is the only way to determine where the short, ground issue, connector issue or breach in a harness is BEFORE continually throwing parts at it....

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Unfortunate that your car isn't fixed. I was pointing out earlier their relayed "fix" to you isn't the fix...

There's a definite electrical issue that is affecting the car, modules or associated components down line. Of course if that electrical issue is on the same string of harnesses as XYZ components, the DTC's will point to the component because it went "offline" - it's NOT going to scream out "hey, there's a short, ground or break in XYZ harness"....

The Shop Techs need to do a pin out trace diagnosis from the component of failure BACK up the harness/connector string/route. IF they have put on a brand new part and the problem still exists, the route of the cause is electrical. That is the only way to determine where the short, ground issue, connector issue or breach in a harness is BEFORE continually throwing parts at it....

Thank you for the info.

Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Given they tried to blame it on a bad cylinder and other things, when it was something simple. I’d not go back to them. First thing you should check are fuel and spark, not run compression tests. What a bunch of dweeb techs

Deleted member 69033

Given they tried to blame it on a bad cylinder and other things, when it was something simple. I’d not go back to them. First thing you should check are fuel and spark, not run compression tests. What a bunch of dweeb techs
Absolutely, occam's razor.

Hopefully you get many miles without issue now. Beautiful car....

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
The 350 has been fixed. Back home in the garage. Was a loose connection on a fuel pump module it seems.
Hoping you can get some joy back now.
Sponsored