Sponsored

I never bought a car off the showroom floor... until TODAY!

dwalker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 white with blue stripes "H1807"
I emailed that pic to the dealer last night and woke up to this response...

“I am sorry this happened. Unfortunately, we do need you to come back in to do the job right. I know this is inconvenient and apologize for that. Let me know what works for you. When you come in let’s talk about something we can do for you in return for your understanding and inconvenience we have caused.”

What should I ask for?
I would suggest the oil change thing too but the distance is just unreasonable for that. Maybe they could at least let you take a couple cases of oil and a couple of filters back home with you for your troubles. That's at least a couple hundred bucks worth of stuff.

Or just have them order the 1 piece R front splitter and you can just send it on over to me for my help in helping prevent damage to your car......:cwl:
Sponsored

JWB350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R (Kona Blue)
I've been pining for this car since I first saw one in early 2016. I've been desperate to own one since i first drove (and heard) one a couple of months ago. Today was the day I finally made it happen. I'm in shock.

In case you're wondering, I traded in a Chevrolet SS 6-speed manual (aka Holden Commodore). Sad to see that one go, but very excited for the beast I just parked in my garage. I have been on the fence between GT350 and ZL1... I'm not a Chevy guy or a Ford guy. I'm a "buy the best car for me" guy. After two consecutive SS sport sedans, the natural progression was an LT4 car, right? I became obsessed with 650hp. But something just didn't work for me on that car. I got all the way to the finance guy on Thursday on a new ZL1 before I walked out. Something just wasn't sitting well with me. That something was this damn Shelby I can't seem to shake. Today I finally decided to just "send it." :rockon:

Here she is as they started her up and pulled her off the showroom floor.

I bought a 2012 911 Turbo Cab (kept it for 6 yrs) and then my 2018 GT350R each off the showroom floor. Both cars were winners for me on 1st sight. And a quick serious commitment to purchase ultimately gave me good price reductions. It’s a fun way to go at car shopping.

Each time I was open to several different cars and had been looking around for a couple of weeks when I found them (so I was relatively aware of pricing, etc., on a variety of models).
74FA188A-9D55-4CEB-AAC5-F256720E5C60.jpeg
1B4B1578-A05B-4276-98CB-9661BABF6C88.jpeg

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, but why the red cobra on the front, this is not an R?

AdamIsAdam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I've been pining for this car since I first saw one in early 2016. I've been desperate to own one since i first drove (and heard) one a couple of months ago. Today was the day I finally made it happen. I'm in shock.

In case you're wondering, I traded in a Chevrolet SS 6-speed manual (aka Holden Commodore). Sad to see that one go, but very excited for the beast I just parked in my garage. I have been on the fence between GT350 and ZL1... I'm not a Chevy guy or a Ford guy. I'm a "buy the best car for me" guy. After two consecutive SS sport sedans, the natural progression was an LT4 car, right? I became obsessed with 650hp. But something just didn't work for me on that car. I got all the way to the finance guy on Thursday on a new ZL1 before I walked out. Something just wasn't sitting well with me. That something was this damn Shelby I can't seem to shake. Today I finally decided to just "send it." :rockon:

Here she is as they started her up and pulled her off the showroom floor.

Sweet! What chassis number is yours?

BTW, in case you need to see more pics of LFG with OTT Black stripes...
20180915_145026_HDR-1.jpg
My car at Sunrise Mall.jpg
20180817_063131.jpg

Sponsored

GunsUpGoon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@ifxe I feel your pain man. The day I drove off with my car, I noticed some what-looked-like water damage on the middle of the instrument cluster. I thought a microfiber towel and some water may get it off, but no.. there was condensation damage inside the screen! At first they didn't want to fix it but I bitched enough and now there's a claim. Be persistent with what you need man-- gas money, beer money, headache medicine. You shouldn't pay that much for a car for them not to make it right.

Wildcardfox

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I’m in-between cars
Sorry, late to the party. Congrats! Leadfoot and stripeless. I have to go and jump in mine!

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Some goodies arrived today...
143047BA-5BFE-4D99-B6C6-88856AC28044.jpeg

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
20% tint in progress earlier today...
01C85B66-5678-4868-B570-4016DCDBBB51.jpeg

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
If you can see a gap at that particular angle then yes it is. And from the looks of that last pic he just posted you can definitely tell. It is something you can fix yourself though, check out this video from Ford on how to install it and go through each step checking to make sure they installed all need screws and fasteners. If all screws are in place then all you should need to do is loosen the long 45 degree angled screws in the middle section and use a rubber mallet with a rag over it to fully seat that section of the splitter. I installed mine myself and its not bad at all. Here's the video.....

Thanks for posting this. I was able to correct my R splitter gap without a total destall of the splitter. Rubber mallet with a thick microfiber wash mit and some love taps.

OP, my gap was very comparable to yours. The splitter just needed seated in. After some love taps it popped right in.

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
If you can see a gap at that particular angle then yes it is. And from the looks of that last pic he just posted you can definitely tell. It is something you can fix yourself though, check out this video from Ford on how to install it and go through each step checking to make sure they installed all need screws and fasteners. If all screws are in place then all you should need to do is loosen the long 45 degree angled screws in the middle section and use a rubber mallet with a rag over it to fully seat that section of the splitter. I installed mine myself and its not bad at all
this is most helpful to me. i think all the screws were installed but the splitter isn't seated all the way. heading to the dealer tomorrow to correct this issue and some other items. they are letting me be with the tech the whole time so again, this is helpful thanks man.

OP
OP

ixfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Pics of the 20% tint...
92051596-2314-4B87-B7C4-809F34F6DA34.jpeg