Not open for further replies.

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
You think August track schedules will still be on?
They're talking to reopen business at the end of May. So, I really hope so.
Sponsored

Stevbas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
GT 350.
So the title says it's a little video, but I made this 25 min video showing my experience at Track Attack. I think it's pretty entertaining, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose. For those who haven't been, this will be a good guide for what to expect (and what to get excited for since things are shut down right now.) For the guys who have been (especially at Charlotte) I hope this brings back some good memories for you.

Enjoy!

Thank You for posting this. Very Cool !!

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
You think August track schedules will still be on?
My guess is yes, but my guess isn’t any better than anyone else’s.

I was informed today that my track date 3/20, was the last one before they shut down. I’m sure they’re eager to get back out there.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
My guess is yes, but my guess isn’t any better than anyone else’s.

I was informed today that my track date 3/20, was the last one before they shut down. I’m sure they’re eager to get back out there.
I hope so, I’m scheduled for August 2-3rd.

JadeGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for putting that video together. My wife and I really enjoyed watching it. Lot's of good info. We're scheduled for the 09/30&10/01 class and we are very excited!

Sponsored

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
It's a shame you didn't get a chance to drive the track without the lead follow like at the old school.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
It's a shame you didn't get a chance to drive the track without the lead follow like at the old school.
Totally agree, and I believe they addressed this a little in class. They mentioned how the old school was a purpose built track with tons of runoff. I think they didn’t completely turn us loose due to all the walls at Charlotte with the addition of how much speed we could have picked up on the roval if left unchecked. I could see how inexperienced drivers might forget to allow extra time to scrub the extra speed and might find themselves in a wall. I think we got up to 125 mph before the bus stop, but during the instructor laps I think we were in the 140’s.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Totally agree, and I believe they addressed this a little in class. They mentioned how the old school was a purpose built track with tons of runoff. I think they didn’t completely turn us loose due to all the walls at Charlotte with the addition of how much speed we could have picked up on the roval if left unchecked. I could see how inexperienced drivers might forget to allow extra time to scrub the extra speed and might find themselves in a wall. I think we got up to 125 mph before the bus stop, but during the instructor laps I think we were in the 140’s.
That's a shame. The car is so much more capable than that. I do recall the pucker factor does go up exponentially as speed increases. 140-150, 150-160, 160-170. 140 is just getting started.

Do they still have the TPMS sensors in those cars deactivated? On high speed tracks, I like to monitor them. Your tires and their condition are important on tracks like that.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
That's a shame. The car is so much more capable than that. I do recall the pucker factor does go up exponentially as speed increases. 140-150, 150-160, 160-170. 140 is just getting started.

Do they still have the TPMS sensors in those cars deactivated? On high speed tracks, I like to monitor them. Your tires and their condition are important on tracks like that.
The TPMS is deactivated, yes. According to them, they do that so students don’t have to worry about intermittent warnings while on track and the potential distraction that could be.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
The video was great - thanks for posting it!

I am also disappointed they do not let you lap by yourself without an instructor in the front. I really enjoyed that part of the old Track Attack the most. I get the wall argument though (I guess the wall is the reason you also get a HANS device now). Still a bummer in the end :(

I am still planning on going though, and if things allow it I am scheduled for late August.

Sponsored
OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
The video was great - thanks for posting it!

I am also disappointed they do not let you lap by yourself without an instructor in the front. I really enjoyed that part of the old Track Attack the most. I get the wall argument though (I guess the wall is the reason you also get a HANS device now). Still a bummer in the end :(

I am still planning on going though, and if things allow it I am scheduled for late August.
That’s cool. I’m sure you’ll enjoy the track, although the scenery probably isn’t as cool as I imagine it was in UT.

proeagles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2019 BMW X3, 2019 Honda Civic
I would be concerned about the turn off onto the painted surface while cornering, especially if it were raining. That would be slick as snot.

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
PM sent

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Thank you for making that video! I did the Boss Track Attack in 2013 and the GT350 Track Attack in 2017. This video brought back some great memories! That Charlotte track looks like a lot of fun! Thanks again!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.