Sponsored

I know it's New Edge sn95 but

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Competition orange to boot. Brings back memories of mine. GREAT cars, but not worth $30k lol as much as I love my ‘15, the new edge cars still have a place in my heart. Something about that solid rear axle, notchy shifting, staring out over the shaker, raw feeling just feels right. Pic attached because I never get to post pictures of it anymore
572A89C7-609A-469C-831C-A41011E8672D.jpeg

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
When I was car shopping and got my first Mustang, I looked at a New Edge Mach I, and I liked it, but it was about 20% more expensive than the plain GT at the time (about $4000 more), so I just bought a GT. I kept it for 10 years, and I liked it, except for the interior, and especially the seats - the seat backs were way too low and they didn't have very much support.

I still like the New Edge look, and liked it better than the original '05 S197's looks. By 2010, they had made enough changes to the S197 that I started liking it again, and with the improvements in performance and the interior, I traded the '04 in on a '14. If I'd gotten the Mach I, I'm not sure I would have gone for the '14.

Sponsored

Boss Bandit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (Lightning Blue), 1998 Camaro SS
Literally the only New Edge that does anything for me. I'm not terribly fond of the SN95 as a whole, mainly because I was in high school when they were new and they had the reputation of being either a chick's car (in V6 convertible form) or as a jock douchebag car (GT, Cobra if daddy had more cash to throw around).

It wasn't until the Mach 1 and Terminator came out until I began to respect the "modern" Mustangs of that time. I had been a big fan of the 60s Mustangs, and these cars seemed to finally embrace that heritage in a way that properly paid tribute. Also helps that they're legitimately quick cars.

But the Mach is my favorite, especially in Azure Blue. Something about that color and the black striping with the shaker hood just works for me the way no other New Edge does.

blackyote_317

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I love the machs. Such cool cars. I like them over the cobras (except the termi). I recently picked up a 99 GT just to use as a daily so I don't put a ton of miles on my 17 just going to work. It's not fast by any means but it is enjoyable to toss the rear end out.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Once upon a time I had solid plans to order an '03 Azure Blue Mach 1 and sacrifice my beloved '01 Bullitt for it, but an unexpected workplace closure and corresponding move to a different area for a new job/house killed the dream.

I love the Mustangs I've owned since, but I still have a soft spot for the New Edge Mach.....

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
These vehicles are neat in a historical perspective, but it kind of saddens me to see these vehicles not being driven. I don't know why someone would want to buy a car like this, and then just let it sit in their garage?

But I'm also the guy who doesn't see the value in a $100k+ 69 Camaro, or a $200k+ Charger Daytona. Badass cars, but overpriced.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
this is exactly what im looking for!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Finish off the trifecta? Ever been to the car show at the mall on Saturday evenings? I go there often but have never see any comp orange cars
Would need a Comp Orange Termi also.
Sponsored