Sponsored

I keep running through 02 sensors!! Why??

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
First yes a bad battery can cause o2’s to fail. I don’t know why someone would say no but it can. The chances of it causing the same o2 to fail over and over are probably 1,000,000,000 to 1.
I would change all o2’s at once check for short or melted wires from the o2 all the way to the pcm.
I've checked, had the Ford tech check we see no burnt wires. He ran all kinds of test and everything checked out fine. He gave me long explanation on why it's the computer ( I can't remember what it was but it sounds convincing lol) I just don't see a wire going bad by itself. Nobody has worked on the car under the hood in years.. so nothing has been tampered with. I'm going to change the battery anyway
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I've checked, had the Ford tech check we see no burnt wires. He ran all kinds of test and everything checked out fine. He gave me long explanation on why it's the computer ( I can't remember what it was but it sounds convincing lol) I just don't see a wire going bad by itself. Nobody has worked on the car under the hood in years.. so nothing has been tampered with. I'm going to change the battery anyway
I had a truck that the dealer said needed a computer. took it back to the shop spent a couple hours and found an O2 sensor wire bad. where the wire went through the frame the grommet had wore out and wore through the wires. couldn’t even tell that there was a problem there and the dealer was 100% sure I needed a computer. They made every excuse in the book when I showed them. Just because they are the dealer doesn’t mean they’re the best option

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I had a truck that the dealer said needed a computer. took it back to the shop spent a couple hours and found an O2 sensor wire bad. where the wire went through the frame the grommet had wore out and wore through the wires. couldn’t even tell that there was a problem there and the dealer was 100% sure I needed a computer. They made every excuse in the book when I showed them. Just because they are the dealer doesn’t mean they’re the best option
Fuck. With my luck it's probably something like a wire somewhere which still doesn't make sense. Nothing has been touched or messed with under the hood or underneath the car in years. I don't understand how a wire could go bad without being burnt. Factory wiring harness with black plastic tubing to protect it from heat. Same tune for almost 3 years. From the 02 sensor to the wires to the engine harness... all wires look good and intact. I know every is saying it's more then likely not the computer..but I hope it is. Tires of this headache. I'm going to get a new battery as well

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue? I'm running into a similar issue. P2251 code, changed the O2 and still getting the code. Wiring looks good. Just dropped it off for a professional to have a look at it and wondering what it could be.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Did you ever figure out what was causing the issue? I'm running into a similar issue. P2251 code, changed the O2 and still getting the code. Wiring looks good. Just dropped it off for a professional to have a look at it and wondering what it could be.
Yep.. I needed a new cpu smh

Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
Look like I'm in the same boat. Replaced the first sensor (passenger) and the car was fine for about 400 miles. Right before Thanksgiving, the opposite side (driver) sensor code popped up. 2 days later, the original sensor code came back. AFR stuck at 14 on the dash, lambda was all over but the car runs fine. Car went to the shop and they have been trying to find the issue. Both O2 sensors are fine, they aren't blown, the harness is good, all voltage is checking out fine. The PCM is also showing proper voltage and receiving the correct voltage from the O2 and harness. We replaced everything this time, sensors/extensions and are still getting the codes. Checked for chewed wires or burnt wires...all good.

My guy thinks the PCM needs to be replaced and I'm up in the air about it. It's so odd, there are no other codes and the LTH have been on the car for a year with no problems, up until the end of October. Car only have 45K on it, so I debating on if I should replace the PCM or put it back to 100% stock and sell it.

@robmustang201528 did you have any problems after replacing the PCM? I'd hate to replace it and run into the same issue in 2 months.
Sponsored