Sponsored

I got a new job, now wife wants me to get rid of the Mustang....

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
tell her she's not getting any until she agrees to let you keep the mustang!
Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Back story...

My commute doubled 18 months ago going from 16 miles one way to 32 mile one way. I was spending 2.5 hours a day almost sitting in a car in traffic.

I bought my mustang so I could at least enjoy traffic.

Well, I got a new job and my commute will go back to the old 16 miles one way. The wife said, good, now can you get rid of the mustang and get a more practical car?

She is a hater. Thinks the car is too small.

Problem is, at the moment, there are no cars with manual transmissions that excite me. She wants another Audi, but the new S4 is a lowly 340 HP and DSG only.

Looks like she is going to be disappointed as I intend to keep the Mustang for a while.
I bet the amount of money you will lose going to the "practical car" won't be justifiable.
If your wife already has a practical car and you don't have more than 2 kids, I don't see any real reason to get rid of the mustang(assuming you like the stang).
If my commute dropped to 5 miles, I wouldn't get rid of my mustang.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ain't right.jpg

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Marriage is about two flawed people living their lives together. To be successful, marriage requires work, mutual respect, honestly and selflessness. It takes both parties working together.

Why are so many guys controlled by their wives in this day and age? I'm not saying guys should "control" their wives. But the status quo today seems to be that many many guys allow their wives to control them.

There are two basic hooks this kind of woman uses to keep men on a readily yank-able chain: the fear of loss and the need for approval. These are the two most powerful control devices in their arsenal. The worst part is that, in many cases, men unwittingly play right into their hands.

https://shrink4men.wordpress.com/20...u-the-fear-of-loss-and-the-need-for-approval/

Sponsored

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I had a buddy I worked with a year ago, his wife was the same way. He was miserable. Your wife has her car and you have yours, tell her if she wants to have a second car she can get a second job. There is no way I would ever let my wife tell me what I could or could not drive. Thank God she loves sports cars lol.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
The ONE time and I mean ONE TIME only the wife questioned why I pay so much for this car and what we could be doing with the extra money, I asked " Is it stopping me from providing for the family in ANY way, or affecting our way of life?.. She replied no... I replied " I work 40 hrs base and secondary extra duty weekly and pay all of our bills, so SHUT IT"

One thing I will not tolerate..Call it being a dick, but MY MUSTANG is my therapy.. do not question it. LOL

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I made what I think is a fair compromise with my wife. She pleaded that I never buy a motorcycle, for fear of potential harm...which is justifiable. I countered with her setting no limitations on my cars, including no horsepower caps, she agreed :)

Next car will likely be a used C7 Corvette, and she won't say no lol

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
If your wife is doing this to you, get a divorce and suggest therapy to her. Never ever invade my privacy and expect to stay under my roof.
Yeah, I would 100% agree on that. That's why I said *if*. And *if* she did do that, I would load the browser cannon with all sorts of stuff. "Say, your sister is kinda cute..."

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
"A man who shaves his beard for a woman deserves neither". insert "sells his car"
Lol I like this.

I made what I think is a fair compromise with my wife. She pleaded that I never buy a motorcycle, for fear of potential harm...which is justifiable. I countered with her setting no limitations on my cars, including no horsepower caps, she agreed :)

Next car will likely be a used C7 Corvette, and she won't say no lol
This is one of the better examples. It seems in the case of the OP, safety, financial reasons, or anything beyond pure prefference of a vehicles that is enjoyable to more than just you even though it is your car, seems like an unfair request. Had it been unreliable, outside what is financially sound, or plain dangerous for any list of reasons, then I could understand looking into alternative solutions, and then maybe an alternative model of transportation.

I feel it important to validate the true reasoning behind her concern of practicality. Is that her TRUE issue with the car? I think practical is an easy characteristic to pull out when not really wanting to describe the real issue at hand.

-Adam

Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
You know why divorce is so expensive? It's because it's worth it!

(Oldie but a goodie)

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Uh, . . . . . . yeah. Are you fu**ing kidding? Ain't happenin'.

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My wife told me it was either her or the car. I'm going to miss her.

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
I am guessing most of the responders are not married. Your wife should yield to the economics of not taking yet another depreciation hit and the impact that has on your savings and planning. Until there are expensive and chronic repairs, the car you have already bought is often the best economic choice. She may not like your choice but see will like the cost of fixing it less?

And divorce over a car? Be careful what you wish for - she might get half of everything and you won't be able to afford the Mustang!

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
so because the commute shorten that justifies a more practical car? That makes no sense at all. Nor is taking a hit on a car youre paying off.
Sponsored