Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
With all the threads and posts about issues, filled with negativity, and hurt emotions, I just thought I'd share that at 2 years and 22K miles, I still love my beast. And I do DD it.

In comparison to my 2005 GT and 2012 GT, this car is not only faster, it's much more refined, quiet, comfortable, durable and reliable. The only issue I've had is a cracked intake manifold, and of course I've gone through some tires. But the brakes are still good, there's no rattles or squeaks that are really dreadful, and it still looks fantastic from 5 feet away (don't get too close!!).

I can't begin to explain how comfortable this car was on a 2800 mile round trip to Houston and back, it was an amazing Grand Tourer. Powerful, very planted and stable, confidence inspiring, quiet, comfortable........a few 10 hour driving days were no problem. Dat speeding ticket in Alabama tho......

Recently she's gotten a JLT HAI (hot air intake..LOOOOL!!) & tune, and 4 new Firestone Indy 500s, which are fantastic tires. They work so much better than the OEM PP1 Pirellis, especially in cold temps and rain, it's a complete joke. They actually have grip in 55 degree weather!! The extra whoooosh and power from the HAI/Tune combo, the confidence in the tires, and just the over-all driving experience is beyond fun, the car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, and even just from looking at it. Triple Yellow is a secret sauce, the color looks good dirty, and fantastic when clean. It really hides the dirt well.

The transmission (with the BG fluid) has been fine, the car didn't even need an alignment when I put the new tires on. The cloth interior isn't wearing at all, unlike the Premium leather on my last two Mustangs. Perhaps the only let-down is the base stereo, but that's something I can fix by throwing $$ at it.

I did have some engine ticking, but it went away as the oil aged, and it's gone now. I'll probably switch to a thicker oil for the next change.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Mustangs too. I think this weekend I'll roll her out to Sky Line Drive and SEND IT!!

FYI; she was dirty as hell in the 1st two pictures.
20180729_062523.jpg

Message_1532863804722.jpg

gt.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I really love my Mustang also. I especially love it on days I go to the track, but I also enjoy the seat heaters on a cold day, the infotainment is good, the ride is nearly perfect firmness... and the engine/trans are awesome as well. It's fun just to listen to the engine and go through the gears whether I'm in a hurry or not.

Deleted member 35786

^^^ We need more posts like this. Life is to short to buy a car and park it in the garage. After a few months of ownership I am on the same page as you as I DD mine as well.

careature

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 2017 pp
With all the threads and posts about issues, filled with negativity, and hurt emotions, I just thought I'd share that at 2 years and 22K miles, I still love my beast. And I do DD it.

In comparison to my 2005 GT and 2012 GT, this car is not only faster, it's much more refined, quiet, comfortable, durable and reliable. The only issue I've had is a cracked intake manifold, and of course I've gone through some tires. But the brakes are still good, there's no rattles or squeaks that are really dreadful, and it still looks fantastic from 5 feet away (don't get too close!!).

I can't begin to explain how comfortable this car was on a 2800 mile round trip to Houston and back, it was an amazing Grand Tourer. Powerful, very planted and stable, confidence inspiring, quiet, comfortable........a few 10 hour driving days were no problem. Dat speeding ticket in Alabama tho......

Recently she's gotten a JLT HAI (hot air intake..LOOOOL!!) & tune, and 4 new Firestone Indy 500s, which are fantastic tires. They work so much better than the OEM PP1 Pirellis, especially in cold temps and rain, it's a complete joke. They actually have grip in 55 degree weather!! The extra whoooosh and power from the HAI/Tune combo, the confidence in the tires, and just the over-all driving experience is beyond fun, the car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, and even just from looking at it. Triple Yellow is a secret sauce, the color looks good dirty, and fantastic when clean. It really hides the dirt well.

The transmission (with the BG fluid) has been fine, the car didn't even need an alignment when I put the new tires on. The cloth interior isn't wearing at all, unlike the Premium leather on my last two Mustangs. Perhaps the only let-down is the base stereo, but that's something I can fix by throwing $$ at it.

I did have some engine ticking, but it went away as the oil aged, and it's gone now. I'll probably switch to a thicker oil for the next change.

Anyways, I hope everyone else is enjoying their Mustangs too. I think this weekend I'll roll her out to Sky Line Drive and SEND IT!!
I rented s197 and said "hm... not bad, but my bmw was better". I rented s550 v6 and sold my bmw to get into gt. I somehow still preffer s197 exterior. s550 15-17 is good, but 18+ is a no go for me.

On oil - if your tick disappeared as oil aged that might mean your engine likes thinner oil.

I figured this out for my car experimentally by spending some money and going through several brands and viscosities in a course of several days.

pennzoil ultra plat 5w20 has no tick and is also the oil with lowest pressure out of all oils I tried.

I think it is not particular brand/product. It is viscosity.

To the oppisite of what everyone might think ticking engines might have tighter clearances (not looser), and thick oil does not penetrate well and causes metal to metal.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
My mustang has been amazing. I beat on this car. With high stalled launch. After high launch. And all it does is keep going faster. No squeaks. No issues.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Waaaait a minute. Youā€™re supposed to hate driving your DD. You donā€™t really NEED the PP1 package because 90.2386194% of the population do fine without it. And whatā€™s with the tires? That makes it a track-only car now and you need to sue Ford for not installing a diff cooler!

Skyline is a fantastic drive. Pics or it didnā€™t happen... :camera:

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
On oil - if your tick disappeared as oil aged that might mean your engine likes thinner oil.

I figured this out for my car experimentally by spending some money and going through several brands and viscosities in a course of several days.

pennzoil ultra plat 5w20 has no tick and is also the oil with lowest pressure out of all oils I tried.

I think it is not particular brand/product. It is viscosity.

To the oppisite of what everyone might think ticking engines might have tighter clearances (not looser), and thick oil does not penetrate well and causes metal to metal.
My brain is full of hmmmmm right now. Very interesting info, thanks.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Waaaait a minute. Youā€™re supposed to hate driving your DD. You donā€™t really NEED the PP1 package because 90.2386194% of the population do fine without it. And whatā€™s with the tires? That makes it a track-only car now and you need to sue Ford for not installing a diff cooler!

Skyline is a fantastic drive. Pics or it didnā€™t happen... :camera:
The two big pics are from my last Sky Line partial send.

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
The two big pics are from my last Sky Line partial send.
Are there still fall colors along Skyline? Are you going to do the northern or southern section?

P.S. I used to live in Reston.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Are there still fall colors along Skyline? Are you going to do the northern or southern section?

P.S. I used to live in Reston.
Dunno, I'll find out Sunday. I think it's the Northern section, off I-66W.

ETA; I checked out some Sky Line cams, the colors don't look fallish yet.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely love mine still as well. 65k miles and I enjoy it more each day. My first Mustang and one I'm planning on keeping forever.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
I think this is a good and timely topic. Even with a "Cera-tick" (get it :) ... I added Ceratek and no more tick), which was for me just a nit-picky as the car has otherwise been fantastic. Very comfortable, beautiful to look at, and is by far the most fun car I've ever owned. It also has been the perfect hobby, a place for me to unwind, and has re-kindled some of my boyhood favorite pastime, albeit now online, of searching our favorite vendors and dreaming up what I'm going to do next.

It's not my wife's Mercedes-Benz, nearly silent on the interior and not a rattle or squeak even after 5 years, deceptively quick, w/a dealership falling all over themselves to make me happy (my service Mgr. at the local Ford dealership however has been excellent)...but I didn't want it to be. I wanted massive aftermarket, loud, burn some rubber and scare me every time I think I know what I'm doing, fun car and it has delivered! Not to mention it was a birthday gift I'll never forget... so unless something catastrophic happens this thing will be in my garage 'till I'm taking my dirt nap!

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nice post! Yes we need more posts like this! I only had my Mustang 3 months and sometimes get worried that my MT-82 tranny is going to break. But man I do love the car...even though it's base, no expensive PP options and I only paid 30K for the car makes me even happier when I know I could have bought a loaded cookie cutter BORING Camry, Accord, Altima or some other even more boring SUV- and paid more!. But now have a Mustang GT that drives good, tracks good, shifts good, is so comfy and puts a smile on my face every time I start it up. I bought it to be my weekend car but I am rotating it with my Fiesta ST as my daily driver to work on my very long commute. The ST is not as fast and I have to concentrate driving it more but the GT is effortless keeping up with the lead foot daily driving people that just can't wait to get to work, LOL.

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
Good thread. I love my car. First Mustang...it is fast, handles well, looks great, and I think the stock exhaust has a nice tone and is loud enough. I had the a/c issue, but the second fix is appears to be holding and Ford gave me an extended warranty. The only mod I have is a catch can...anyone else in this thread running near stock?

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Views on views jimmy boy. Like the car, like the landscape as well. Mine keeps my blood pressure and stress level down, so I'd say it's a pretty good investment on my health lol.

I know your car is modified(tuned), so you're faster than a stock '12 GT. If it were stock '12 GT and stock '15 GT, you'd lose because the '12 is slightly faster.
Sponsored