Sponsored

I don't get this

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 12
OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

I don't understand the problem? They are in their lines, and you are in yours?
Just be sure to remember this remark the next time you park your car out away from people in an attempt to avoid a door ding, and you come out of the store and there's some beater sitting directly next to you.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Just be sure to remember this remark the next time you park your car out away from people in an attempt to avoid a door ding, and you come out of the store and there's some beater sitting directly next to you.
They probably just don't want to walk that far to get to the main hallway/entrance that you described.

But back to my point. What is the problem? Are folks just supposed to know not to park next to you? Or did the person park the front wheels nearly touching you?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
They probably just don't want to walk that far to get to the main hallway/entrance that you described.

But back to my point. What is the problem? Are folks just supposed to know not to park next to you? Or did the person park the front wheels nearly touching you?
I've said it before; there is a simple solution: break home-made theatrical bottles in the spaces next to you. Nobody wants to park on broken "glass".

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

The parking spaces were spaced in the '80s, they are extremely narrow, and everybody that works in this building knows it. She had many other parking options closer to the exit hallway, yet she chose to jam her car up against mine. Parking as far away from people as you possibly can is what's known as a social cue, very much like choosing the end-most urinal in the restroom. By doing so you've made it clear that there are other options, and you would appreciate the next person that comes in choosing one of the other options. No, it's not illegal to go use the urinal closest to a person when there are other other choices available, but is it the right thing to do? It's about courtesy and picking up on social cues. I'm not talking about what's legal, I'm talking about common sense and common courtesy, and respecting someone's space when they have gone out of their way to be as far away from you as possible. I gather from your questions that you are the type of person who would do exactly what she did without giving it a second thought, and all I can say to that is you're part of the problem.... Which I'm sure you don't view as a problem, because there's no problem. All I can hope is that I don't end up in a public restroom with you.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Not particularly close to anything, there are spaces directly adjacent to the elevator bank that are quite a distance from this. It almost feels like somebody's trying to prove a point or make a statement.
Maybe they tripped over their cat this morning, twisted their ankle and was trying to not to walk that much. Guess my point is you never know what someone else is dealing with, so I try not to assume what they do is to spite myself.

bigred90gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I see the problem now. You both parked in a compact car space, and neither of you are in compact cars.

On a serious note, if y'all are both within your own lines, and they didn't hit your door, then there is no problem. For you to think it would be ok at any point in your life to slam your door into theirs is the only problem I see in this entire thread.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I see the problem now. You both parked in a compact car space, and neither of you are in compact cars.

On a serious note, if y'all are both within your own lines, and they didn't hit your door, then there is no problem. For you to think it would be ok at any point in your life to slam your door into theirs is the only problem I see in this entire thread.
Last month I came out and saw a "monster truck" parked next to my car... and I parked in the back. I laughed so hard... even thought it was hard for me to get in my car (he backed in, got out other side.. I pulled in). I didn't think about that until just now when I saw this thread.

I can't imagine going through life wanting to do violence over something so simplistic.

Reminds me of my first road trip in a brand new car. Went to visit family. Kid learning how to ride a bike. Yes... right into the side of my new car with less than 1000 miles on it. Had it been this guy, that kid would be dead. lol

It's a car... that is it. In reality it means nothing. It is transportation. Something you won't give a shit about when your time comes.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

Tell me...is the air thinner on (perceived) moral high ground?

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Tell me...is the air thinner on (perceived) moral high ground?
Not sure my morals are any higher or lower than yours.

I do know, specifically, when it comes to someone parking next to me, I'm less of a dumbass than you. Or at least that is the perception I've arrived at in my little brain. Could be false!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Personally, I park as far away from other people as I can. But there is always an ***** who parks RIGHT NEXT TO ME. I absolutely hate it. I am clearly away from other people for a reason.

Once you have your car door dinged by some idiot, you will understand.

I 100% agree with @cbdallas

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
I dropped my daughter off to pick up a coffee and instead of blocking the lanes I pulled the stang into a parking spot. I was away from other cars and a woman and her kid decide to park next to me. I had to immediately move before that kids door flew open... :cwl: Call me paranoid but my 06GT was a magnet for dings and hits in the 14 years it was on the road. I can feel for the OP.
Sponsored