Sponsored

I am on the verge of selling my Mustang guys...

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
and the Fed is talking about cutting rates anyway
They’re dialing back that rhetoric. Might see one, maybe two cuts this year at most. Not enough to move the needle IMO. They need to just leave rates be for a while.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Are you going for the power potential of the car or do you actually think that monstrosity looks good??? Saw one in black today and man it's ugly and boxy. But the M3 and M4 are phenomenal.
Pretty much going to leave it stock other than an Eibach ProKit and spacers. Maybe a Dinan resonator delete. Keep in mind, I love the way the M2 looks. I know I'm crazy , I think they're beautiful and look way better in person.
1000008671.jpg

That's the thing with the S650. I would have to put $8k as a minimum to get it where I wanted it

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They’re dialing back that rhetoric. Might see one, maybe two cuts this year at most. Not enough to move the needle IMO. They need to just leave rates be for a while.

I believe 3 cuts have been baked in according to some of the bond traders.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dave, wish you the best in your next car and I’d love to hear your comparison to the Mach 1. Here’s a picture of my Mach next to the M2 I was contemplating on buying off the lot.
Mach 1 is just so much better looking imo!

IMG_2933.jpeg

Your Mach is gorgeous bro. I will definitely post up. Keep in mind I may still get the S650. When it arrives I will make a decision there and then. I am leaning towards the M2 though

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have heard that also. A few folks that I’ve talked to are now only pricing in 2 cuts. So there is changing in sentiment. I heard today that they will not move rates in the May meeting. June is possible and maybe August. I’m guessing once the election gets in full swing they’re going to sit still so as not to appear biased towards one candidate or the other.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Only if they are pathologicallybdeluded and hopelessly underwater on their trades.
Rates need to be touching 15pct but then Congress and the Whitehouse might actually need the v
Barricades and national guard.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have heard that also. A few folks that I’ve talked to are now only pricing in 2 cuts. So there is changing in sentiment. I heard today that they will not move rates in the May meeting. June is possible and maybe August. I’m guessing once the election gets in full swing they’re going to sit still so as not to appear biased towards one candidate or the other.
It's in a narrow range. A lot of us feel the Fed will try and step in and inject loosen some before the election

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Ita you. The s550 is timeless. Like the pre-73 cars.
...or the 2013 Boss. That body style combined with the Boss graphics will never get old.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
It's in a narrow range. A lot of us feel the Fed will try and step in and inject loosen some before the election
Very well could be. Depending on the effects of said cuts, I can also picture whichever candidate it adversely affects getting pissed off too.

In my line of work, every broker and borrower wants rates back where they were 5 years ago so they’d welcome lots of cuts LOL.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Your Mach is gorgeous bro. I will definitely post up. Keep in mind I may still get the S650. When it arrives I will make a decision there and then. I am leaning towards the M2 though
Thanks man!
If I had to choose from the s650 or M2, I’d go M2 all day.
I feel there’s more value.
The s650 got worse looking and more expensive with same performance.
not a good move for you in my opinion.
Red M2 looks 🔥

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
They don't have to go around the Panama Canal, they are built in Mexico. BMW built a state of the art factory there.
Sorry, I thought all M series came from Germany or Austria. So, better news for you!

I'm sure you are aware of this already and it may not concern you, but M series cars hold their value extremely well, much better than a Mustang. You can find 2008 M3s selling for what they cost when new.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
So back to the cars, what options did you select for each one? Curious how you spec’d them

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
When did your 2018 Mustang go out of warranty and what happened? You must have sold it very recently?
I had issues with navigation and other items in the dash board, a few months after the warranty expired, but it took several months to fix. They had to replace a number of modules to correct the problems, fortunately not the digital dash itself. It still cost about $2000. The dealer did a half-assed job of putting things back together, too. I sold it late last spring.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Pretty much going to leave it stock other than an Eibach ProKit and spacers. Maybe a Dinan resonator delete. Keep in mind, I love the way the M2 looks. I know I'm crazy , I think they're beautiful and look way better in person.
1000008671.jpg

That's the thing with the S650. I would have to put $8k as a minimum to get it where I wanted it
Agreed. The M2 looks like a mean mother. They had an M2 coupe, M3 sedan and M4 convertible on the floor when I picked up my Z4. I'd have bought all 3 if I could!
Sponsored