Sponsored

Hum noise at exactly 65mph

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
So I received a call from the service advisor from the dealer , driveshaft was replaced and the noise was still present . Now they believe the noise is coming from the differential , so there waiting for the parts to arrive , I should have the car back by Monday , Hopefully that solves the problem . I will keep you guys posted on what they exactly replaced once I find out
Interesting. Mine is going in on Wednesday for a couple days to figure it it out, will report back.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So I received a call from the service advisor from the dealer , driveshaft was replaced and the noise was still present . Now they believe the noise is coming from the differential , so there waiting for the parts to arrive , I should have the car back by Monday , Hopefully that solves the problem . I will keep you guys posted on what they exactly replaced once I find out

[MENTION=22530]2016Mustang[/MENTION] - so what was your final diagnosis?

EX_Mopar_Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Julien
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost
Noise still exists , My ford dealer changed a bunch of things and nothing
Hey there, I know this is an old thread. This is actually my first post. I've been a mopar guy all my life and just made the switch to a Ford. I have a 2020 Ecoboost, fastback with the pony package and 19" wheels with Pirelli all season rubber. Car only has 6k miles on it, and I have the exact same 65mph hum. Comes on at exactly 65mph, then goes away as soon as I go faster. Did you ever figure out what caused this? I'm super meticulous and this hum is ruining my enjoyment with the car.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
Sorry you are having this problem (and haven't gotten any responses to your first post). I had a similar problem with my '15 and it turned out to be the driveshaft. Has your dealership offered any explanations or even tried to diagnose?
Sponsored