Sponsored

Wind Noise - Passenger side above 65MPH

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I still have not been able to fix my issue :(. No matter what I do the noise is always still there. It sounds like there is wind or air moving through the passenger side door area. Its not a whistle like traditional wind noise. But wind moving through the passenger side door where the vents/ speaker is. Has anyone heard this same noise above 60MPH?

I swear its the wind being drawn from the hood or engine bar area traveling along or inside the passenger door area. HELP please! I took it to Ford and they said it is the turbo. re-circulation which is complete BS, because I know exactly how that should sound.
Holy cow someone with my same issue! I've had mine in the shop 7 times now. Not to mention a plethora of other problems. I have a wonderful noise at 45+ and it sounds almost like static or a trickle of wind. Sounds like it comes through A pillar somewhere.
Use some painter's tape (after cleaning the paint) to tape off the gaps around the door and then see if the noise disappears or not. Would help give a clue if it's a door seal or not.
Sponsored

wesparm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Wind noise from passenger "a frame area"

I thought i was going crazy hearing it. Had the car bran spankin new and it made this noise since day 1. Noise would go away with rain and snow. Found out today that there was a 1mm pinhole/defect in a weld where the roof meets "a-frame" on passenger side. Put some masking tape over it and noise is gone. Gonna put something more permanent than tape over it and call it a day.

Holy cow someone with my same issue! I've had mine in the shop 7 times now. Not to mention a plethra of other problems. I have a wonderful noise at 45+ and it sounds almost like static or a trickle of wind. Sounds like it comes through A pillar somewhere.