Sponsored

How to lock the gas cap?

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
after all the replies in this thread.... people are worried about stuff being put in their tank...... What about the assholes that like to steal the gas out of the car. These cars do stand out as ones that run soley on premo gas.... Can't say I have had a issue myself (knock on wood) but i know especially when gas prices were through the roof people were having issues like these.
You can run 87 in these no problem.
Sponsored

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
When people want to do something they will find a way to do it and a lot of times in trying to do a specific thing that you try to prevent will just make them do even more damage trying to accomplish their goal. If someone hates you enough or is jealous enough to try and put something in your gas and can't, chances are they're just going to turn to something else like breaking windows, keying the car, slashing tires, etc.

How many times have people tried parking far away from other cars on a lot only to come out and find someone parked right next to them. I know I can't stand when I see people park in the middle of 4 spots so they can't have anyone park near them. While I would never do something someone else might because they look like a tool.

Bottom line is that its not worth worrying about this stuff or else you would never even drive or enjoy the car for what it is.

This is why we have car insurance. I have a higher deductible too but that's because I know I can cover anything below the deductible out of pocket. The amount of money I've saved during ownership on my policy is more than what it would cost for me to pay my deductible for something I wouldn't want to cover out of pocket.

I don't understand the rationale of people who have insanely low deductibles and pay a lot more money than they have to every year. Realistically, people should be setting their deductible to as high of a level as they can reasonably afford to pay out of pocket. The average person is only involved in 3-4 car accidents in their entire lifetime so that's a lot of money you could be saving between claims.
My zero deductible cover is like 15 more a month than 500 deductible. I have had 5 windshields replaced over the last few years at 200-750 a piece. Well worth the extra I pay just for that.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My zero deductible cover is like 15 more a month than 500 deductible. I have had 5 windshields replaced over the last few years at 200-750 a piece. Well worth the extra I pay just for that.
FWIW my deductible is $2k. I still had a windshield replaced with no out of pocked because the company includes zero deductible for glass on all policies. So glass doesn't have to be lumped in with other kinds of damage.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Actually that's the hard way to open them. Here at the dealership, when people loose the key, we just grab the twist section with pliers and pull, rotating top pops right off and then you can unscrew it like any other cap.

you are a dealership and you put this info on a PUBLIC FORUM, do you have any brains? Good Job I don't live near your dealership, cause if I did, I would be speaking to your manager and Ford telling them about the info you have just put onto a public forum

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
you are a dealership and you put this info on a PUBLIC FORUM, do you have any brains? Good Job I don't live near your dealership, cause if I did, I would be speaking to your manager and Ford telling them about the info you have just put onto a public forum
How do you know he didn't post a way that doesn't work to throw rookie gas thieves off? ;)

But regardless, you don't have to live near his dealership to rat him out to Ford or his boss.

Or you could thank him for showing you the futility of using a locking gas cap.

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
How do you know he didn't post a way that doesn't work to throw rookie gas thieves off? ;)

But regardless, you don't have to live near his dealership to rat him out to Ford or his boss.

Or you could thank him for showing you the futility of using a locking gas cap.
he has told people on here how to break into the new petrol caps that Ford use on their cars, you don't think that is a bit stupid?
you have 3 pages about what scumbags would do, people have posted about how it would put a lot of people off as it is not easy to put something into the gas tank, then he comes alone and says "oh it's a piece of cake, here you go easy as pie" So now any idiot can do it. So the people on here who were worried about the security of the cap, are now 100% plus more worried

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
he has told people on here how to break into the new petrol caps that Ford use on their cars, you don't think that is a bit stupid?
you have 3 pages about what scumbags would do, people have posted about how it would put a lot of people off as it is not easy to put something into the gas tank, then he comes alone and says "oh it's a piece of cake, here you go easy as pie" So now any idiot can do it. So the people on here who were worried about the security of the cap, are now 100% plus more worried
Seriously? Is this your first day on the interwebz? Are you going to tell on google and youtube too whenever someone searches for something nefarious?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Seriously? Is this your first day on the interwebz? Are you going to tell on google and youtube too whenever someone searches for something nefarious?
He works for a car dealer, he should not be giving out that info
I work in Security, we give out breaches if need be, cause at our place loose mouths can cause some very heavy serious crap
anyway I have had my say, if you don't agree, that is your right

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
He is talking about locking gas caps, not ours. There isn't anything to grip onto with pliers on ours. Reading comprehension for the win!! And believe me it's no secret on how easy it to defeat a locking cap, a screw driver will work as well. :doh:

Sponsored

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
He works for a car dealer, he should not be giving out that info
I work in Security, we give out breaches if need be, cause at our place loose mouths can cause some very heavy serious crap
anyway I have had my say, if you don't agree, that is your right
Oh my gosh call the FBI! Because anyone who wants to break open a gas cap can't just google it. That's why they're worthless, and this topic is really silly.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I don't understand the rationale of people who have insanely low deductibles and pay a lot more money than they have to every year. Realistically, people should be setting their deductible to as high of a level as they can reasonably afford to pay out of pocket. The average person is only involved in 3-4 car accidents in their entire lifetime so that's a lot of money you could be saving between claims.
I'll agree with that, and you're only paying your excess if you're at fault. I'm about to buy f&r dashcams, also much cheaper than my excess haha (excess is $3000AUD :eyebulge:)

I guess just on the topic, in my situation the car will be very rarely on the street, always garaged at work and home. It would be a random jealous person to key the car, open the gas cap etc, so unless they carry a screwdriver around at all times, a locking gas cap would stop them from doing so. It's a very unlikely situation for sure, but peace of mind nonetheless.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Did you know that you could break into a car simply by hitting the window with a hammer? The engineers didn't want you to know this.
Sponsored