Sponsored

How to disable horn honk when you get out of the car while it is started

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
How can I disable the double horn honk when you get out of the car with the keys while the engine is running?

I have a manual garage door so it goes off every time I need to open/close it. My neighbors probably aren't liking it.
Sponsored

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Leave the door open and it won't honk.

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
How can I disable the double horn honk when you get out of the car with the keys while the engine is running?

I have a manual garage door so it goes off every time I need to open/close it. My neighbors probably aren't liking it.
Hold the key in your hand and when you get out and hold the key at the top right part of the window when you shut the door and it won't honk. Or leave your key in the cupholder and crack the window just in case it were to lock (which it shouldn't).

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Here is the thread you need:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

I disabled the horn honk (same issue as you, but mailbox)
I enabled the fog lights to stay on when I switch to brights
I disabled the log lights from turning off when signaling

You'll have to invest in a bluetooth ODB tool, but well worth the money spent. Here's the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeez, 1600+ posts on how to disable a horn, sounds pretty complicated. Lol.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Jeez, 1600+ posts on how to disable a horn, sounds pretty complicated. Lol.
Most of them are posts on how to get the GT350 or GT splash screen, change how the lights operate, and how to change tire diameter/gear ratio.

There are a handful of requests that just aren't possible, and even posts about how a thread that originated on the 2gfusion site pertains to all CAN BUS Fords.

The 2X horn honk and disabling the Panic button were simple changes!

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Most of them are posts on how to get the GT350 or GT splash screen, change how the lights operate, and how to change tire diameter/gear ratio.

There are a handful of requests that just aren't possible, and even posts about how a thread that originated on the 2gfusion site pertains to all CAN BUS Fords.

The 2X horn honk and disabling the Panic button were simple changes!
The first post, plus jordystang69's google doc link is all you need.
takes 10 sec with forscan
Thanks. I've read the first few pages of that thread a couple of times. Funny how that stuff looks intimidating to me. Just never messed with something like this.

Sponsored

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Thanks. I've read the first few pages of that thread a couple of times. Funny how that stuff looks intimidating to me. Just never messed with something like this.
It looks hard to do at first, but once you start working through the steps it starts to make sense. Not having the stupid horn honk when I get out the car while running was well worth it.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It looks hard to do at first, but once you start working through the steps it starts to make sense. Not having the stupid horn honk when I get out the car while running was well worth it.
Yeah tell me about it. I've gotten in the habit of starting my car in the cold mornings with the fob in my hand so I can remember to hold it next to the window when closing the door, but half the time I forget that part of it. Bugs the crap out of me when it honks.

I think the reason it's intimidating for me is all the data being discussed in that thread. Makes me think I'm going to mix up values and which boxes to touch.
Hoping someone will eventually just put the exact info and steps to take for the horn thing into a thread. Hint hint.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I need one of those Bluetooth adapters like the OBDLink MX Bluetooth, but for iPhone. Think I'm going to go ahead and take the jump into ForScan and get rid of the honk, and funky light rules.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Here is the thread you need:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61773

I disabled the horn honk (same issue as you, but mailbox)
I enabled the fog lights to stay on when I switch to brights
I disabled the log lights from turning off when signaling

You'll have to invest in a bluetooth ODB tool, but well worth the money spent. Here's the one I bought:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006NZTZLQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hey Jody...Do you need to have bluetooth?!? or...is that just a luxury. Was wondering what other choices there are. I see some that are cabled, and have a toggle switch on them, not sure what that is for or if it's needed.

jody858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT
Hey Jody...Do you need to have bluetooth?!? or...is that just a luxury. Was wondering what other choices there are. I see some that are cabled, and have a toggle switch on them, not sure what that is for or if it's needed.
To be honest the only reason I bought that one was because that was what AngelDeath recommended and was confirmed working. I already had a Windows laptop with bluetooth, so it seemed like a no-brainer. I went and looked on the Forscan website and found this Q&A:

What OBD2 adapters are supported?
All ELM327 adapters are supported, including clones. Situation with so-called "ELM-compatible" is more complex. Our opinion about "compatible" devices is reflected in this article: . At the moment (Feb 2013) the following ELM327-compatible devices are confirmed to be compatible with FORScan:
- OBDLink SX (STN1100 chipset) - confirmed by Naresh Seeparsad on JDM Mazda 323 BJ Familia 2002 MY
FORScan normally works with COM, USB and Bluetooth interfaces.

I did a search for 'ELM327 adapter USB' on Amazon and found some pretty inexpensive options...YMMV.
Sponsored