Sponsored

How tall of a speed bump can your Mach 1 slow roll straight over?

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I guess the title says it all.

I‘ve had some unavoidable surprise speed bumps pop up overnight and just thought I’d ask y’all’s experience before I tried going over one. Best I can measure these are a little over 2.5” but look taller to the eye. They’re nasty even in my wife’s Outback.

My cars are stock non-HP ‘23s. I’ve never really had to pay attention to this before but it appears that the belly pan is lower than the front splitter.
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
My advice is to take it slow. First gear slow.

I always take them slow to be mindful of suspensions and bushings and never had a problem.
My GT has Magneride and PP, and if I remember correctly sits a little lower than the regular GT, I guess mine and yours should be the same.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I think answers to this question will vary heavily based on with or without HP. Without HP, my Mach 1 isn't too bad with speed bumps. I sometimes have to take them very slowly, but I almost never have to take them at an angle. I would certainly clear a 2.5" bump. I'm not sure there are many legal speed bumps that a non-HP Mach 1 couldn't handle. Now steep driveway inclines, on the other hand...

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
I hammer my PP1 over speed bumps. Ford sets these cars up to ride pretty high

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think answers to this question will vary heavily based on with or without HP. Without HP, my Mach 1 isn't too bad with speed bumps. I sometimes have to take them very slowly, but I almost never have to take them at an angle. I would certainly clear a 2.5" bump. I'm not sure there are many legal speed bumps that a non-HP Mach 1 couldn't handle. Now steep driveway inclines, on the other hand...
Yeah, thank goodness mine are non-HP so there’s that. And I don’t mind creeping like a turtle to get over the damn things.

Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It occurs to me to ask: does the drive mode affect the cars’s ride height, ie, is track mode lower than normal mode?

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
It occurs to me to ask: does the drive mode affect the cars’s ride height, ie, is track mode lower than normal mode?
No, the ride height is static. Drive mode only changes the dampening force, making softer or stiffer.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
More or less.
vO7q9P.gif

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, the ride height is static. Drive mode only changes the dampening force, making softer or stiffer.
So I’m thinking actually it would be better then (less compression) to go over a speed bump in track mode.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So I’m thinking actually it would be better then (less compression) to go over a speed bump in track mode.
Meh, I would say take it easy the first time and go from there. I have never had any issues with speed bumps in mine. Mine is a PP car with Magneride, and I have long tubes hanging down :) . And I have 20's and 30 series tires on the rear. Now sidewalk curbs, that is a nother story LOL. Learned really quick to ALWAYS back into spaces near a sidewalk :)

Sponsored

CR151S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT PP M6
My lowered pp car takes speed bumps daily. I also rock jacking pads which hang lower than my exhaust/etc.

Take them slow, use a slight angle if you need to.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
My advice is to take it slow. First gear slow.

I always take them slow to be mindful of suspensions and bushings and never had a problem.
My GT has Magneride and PP, and if I remember correctly sits a little lower than the regular GT, I guess mine and yours should be the same.
Another hazard are the water canals that some roads have at intersections. Hit one at speed and the car will nearly bottom out for a second or two.
Sponsored