How safe is it being supercharged?

Cux211

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
22 f250 6.7 platinum tremor
What’s the tremec 6spd capable of handling?
Sponsored

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
i assume its a built motor if your doi ng a 3.8, bare miminum you will need to be on e85 or race gas 100% of the time with a 3.8
I will run E85 full time with Lethal Performance tune. I also have new upgraded fuel system and MMR oil pump gears. I ordered everything back in January. The Whipple came in 2 weeks ago and still waiting for 2'' American Racing long tube headers. I had no idea it would take 4 months to get the headers.

Thanks for your reply 👍

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I will run E85 full time with Lethal Performance tune. I also have new upgraded fuel system and MMR oil pump gears. I ordered everything back in January. The Whipple came in 2 weeks ago and still waiting for 2'' American Racing long tube headers. I had no idea it would take 4 months to get the headers.

Thanks for your reply 👍
Why 2" headers? Are you prepared for the loss of Air Conditioning? I may be wrong but I thought 2" headers brought some fitment challenges on 2018+ cars.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Blew off 8 rocker arm retaining clips and broke a cam cap on my 18 after 20k miles boosted at 800 rwhp. I think a clip may have gone through the cam and broke the bolts and cap. I think just keep your rev limiter below 8k and it should be fine.

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
L
Why 2" headers? Are you prepared for the loss of Air Conditioning? I may be wrong but I thought 2" headers brought some fitment challenges on 2018+ cars.
Lethal performance of Texas gave me the recommendation and said it would help the Whipple breathe better. I am just going by their recommendations and they said they used them for a lot of supercharged/turbo 2018+ Mustangs. Back in January when I ordered it seemed like solid advice. Actually getting any advice from Leathal is extremely difficult, and I had to research a lot just to keep bugging them for what I truly needed. I am a programmer/developer for the military and am new to this stuff. Doing the best I can and truly appreciate the advice from these forums. Thank you sir for your time and helpful information 👍

Sponsored

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
Not safe with a BAD tuner!

Not gonna name, names yet, but a big time tuner get got my engine blown up on the dyno. Didn't even get to drive it.

2019 GT with 15K miles. A Procharger stage 2, installed by a very competent local mechanic. He's telling them over the phone while they have total control of the tune, (it's LOCKED of course) car "needs more fuel". MORONS tell him to top off the tank!! No it's running lean stupid!! To late, motor blows. Gonna get my lawyer on speed dial.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not safe with a BAD tuner!

Not gonna name, names yet, but a big time tuner get got my engine blown up on the dyno. Didn't even get to drive it.

2019 GT with 15K miles. A Procharger stage 2, installed by a very competent local mechanic. He's telling them over the phone while they have total control of the tune, (it's LOCKED of course) car "needs more fuel". MORONS tell him to top off the tank!! No it's running lean stupid!! To late, motor blows. Gonna get my lawyer on speed dial.
When do we get a name?

compprep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1,1986 SVO, 2020 Ridgeline(SOLD!)
When do we get a name?
Once they help me out on the extra $12-15K this is gonna cost me or if they stick it to me. Yes I fully understand I OK'd the many pages of their "It's too bad if anything happens but we are not liable for".

XROSEM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My new 3.8 gen 5 Whipple stage 2 will be installed 5/15/2023, can't wait 😀 I just ordered my new plates today...
Screenshot_20230512_165042_DuckDuckGo~3.jpg

Sponsored

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I'm still learning, but how does bad gas (I'm assuming meaning lower octane) blow the engine? I thought all the sensors and stuff would pull timing / reduce power so that specifically doesn't happen

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm still learning, but how does bad gas (I'm assuming meaning lower octane) blow the engine? I thought all the sensors and stuff would pull timing / reduce power so that specifically doesn't happen
not if you have the right tune for the fuel you are using, and also not too much boost with not enough octane, and well, just stay below 750rwhp and 8k rpm with a stock motor.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
not if you have the right tune for the fuel you are using, and also not too much boost with not enough octane.
wait what does this mean lol. You mean like a pure e85 tune which I read the car fully assumes you have e85 so it goes full force (so if you have bad gas = boom) compared to a flex fuel tune where it adjusts as it goes?

so to be "max safe" could you run whipple's 91 tune and use 93 gas?

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
By the time the knock sensors pull timing you will have rattled the ring lands right off a piston or two ...

I might put one of those on my Hellcat, But I'm waiting to see what that monster does in the real world, but does one really need 1600hp on the street ???

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wait what does this mean lol. You mean like a pure e85 tune which I read the car fully assumes you have e85 so it goes full force (so if you have bad gas = boom) compared to a flex fuel tune where it adjusts as it goes?

so to be "max safe" could you run whipple's 91 tune and use 93 gas?
Yes running 93 on an 91 tune should be pretty safe. Dont rev over 8k RPM thousands of times though I learned that the hard way. E85 is the best but still, dont rev too high.
Sponsored