Sponsored

how noticeable is 100 torque on a car ?

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Average power, and Average TQ wins races. Also, having the peak TQ located in the proper RPM area. If it was just all about TQ we would all be building Diesels.

Nobody gives a poop about TQ at 2,000 rpm when the car has 10 gears and lives at4,900+ RPM once your foot goes down on the loud pedal. :). #hardfax

INBEFORETHEHATERS: yes, launching with more TQ is awesome. But thankfully a converter swap can make miracles happen. :)
Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Average power, and Average TQ wins races. Also, having the peak TQ located in the proper RPM area. If it was just all about TQ we would all be building Diesels.

Nobody gives a poop about TQ at 2,000 rpm when the car has 10 gears and lives at4,900+ RPM once your foot goes down on the loud pedal. :). #hardfax

INBEFORETHEHATERS: yes, launching with more TQ is awesome. But thankfully a converter swap can make miracles happen. :)
:clap:

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I just bought a 2017 for myself, to basically do a build similar to yours.

- P1X (but on the Carb EO bracket)
- E85 (supporting fuel system)
- Converter
- GT350 Intake

But I am weird, and want to run it through the stock exhaust :). I talk on the phone while driving A LOT!

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I just bought a 2017 for myself, to basically do a build similar to yours.

- P1X (but on the Carb EO bracket)
- E85 (supporting fuel system)
- Converter
- GT350 Intake

But I am weird, and want to run it through the stock exhaust :). I talk on the phone while driving A LOT!
Very happy with it, extremely reliable but weā€™re on the same boat as far as exhaust. Iā€™m getting too old for noise. I have a pair of active ā€˜18 mufflers in the garage that I want to put on and remove the magnaflow competitions. Will allow to me to go quiet and loud as I please.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I got the David Vizard auto math handbook in high school. It said to calculate torque to the driveshaft before and after the shift and adjust shift points until these numbers are equal. Years later after engineering school, I learned you really want maximum average power so you would shift an equal amount over the peak power as the rpm drops under (if peak power is 7500 and it drops 1000 on the shift, then shift at 8000). I thought one of these must be wrong. Turns out they yield exactly the same result.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
How noticeable is 100 ft lbs of torque?
Ever been punched in the face real hard?

OP
OP
Coyotes55086

Coyotes55086

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

screwed I my lsst post
I wanted to thank you
because for some odd reason something just hit and made sense all of a sudden
when u said " Nobody gives a poop about TQ at 2,000 rpm when the car has 10 gears and lives at4,900+ RPM" . I realized what u meant..and it all made sense. so I guess like myself , I love the pd blower because it slaps you with alot of low end torque . which is something I like because I feel the cage lacks it . maybe not in 1st gear ..but torque added higher up in the rpm range will pull you harder on the highway runs
Sponsored