Sponsored

How much torque is your TVS making?

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Took my 17 GT to VMP for a dyno tune last week.

Car has a
GEN2R with 85MM
Twin 60 TB
56 lb injectors W / VMP fuel rails
JLT 125mm
VMP BAP

It made 611 RWHP and 479 ft lbs.
The torque seems a little low on paper but car feels good. How much torque is your similar setup making?
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
If it feels good then just enjoy it.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Who tuned it, which breed of dyno was the car on and are you sure the injectors are 56lb? The injectors sound excessively small when compared to other setups that are aiming to make power.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who tuned it, which breed of dyno was the car on and are you sure the injectors are 56lb? The injectors sound excessively small when compared to other setups that are aiming to make power.

VMP tuned it on their dyno. It is a DynoJet. Yes they are the 56 lb that VMP supplies in their GEN2R Kit.
I’m not aiming to make record power. I just thought it would put a little more to the wheels but I’m not dissatisfied with how it drives so no worries.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
VMP tuned it on their dyno. It is a DynoJet. Yes they are the 56 lb that VMP supplies in their GEN2R Kit.
I’m not aiming to make record power. I just thought it would put a little more to the wheels but I’m not dissatisfied with how it drives so no worries.
I’m assuming this was on 93? If 91 and 85mm pulley it might actually be close. Not sure why they’d spec that pulley when you could be running a 75mm without any problems. Unless the injectors approach their limit at the higher boost pressure (quite likely).
Are you able to do a WOT pull in third or fourth and upload the log to Datazap.me?
Share the link to the file here. I’m interested to see what’s going on.
In theory, unless you’re running a DR, it’s unlikely that you’d be able to go WOT at 3k in third if the torque is coming in like it should.

Last edited:
OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m assuming this was on 93? If 91 and 85mm pulley it might actually be close. Not sure why they’d spec that pulley when you could be running a 75mm without any problems. Unless the injectors approach their limit at the higher boost pressure (quite likely).
Are you able to do a WOT pull in third or fourth and upload the log to Datazap.me?
Share the link to the file here. I’m interested to see what’s going on.
In theory, unless you’re running a DR, it’s unlikely that you’d be able to go WOT at 3k in third if the torque is coming in like it should.
It is a 93 tune. I wanted the 85MM pulley for extra safety. I know the engine can handle quite a bit more. Just trying not to push my trans too hard. Power feels good.
On the stock PZEROS it would spin in 2nd at 50mph if I punched it.

I have since installed Michelin Pilot Sport AS3’s in 255/45/18. I know this is not optimal for forced induction but I am impressed with how well they hold the power so far. I actually can go WOT in 2nd around 40mph and hook well. Same for 3rd.

Drivability and WOT feel good. I just know they installed a GEN2R on the YouTubers S197 “That dude in blue” and with a 85MM pulley as well they were claiming 545 ft lbs at the wheels. I know all cars are different and I don’t know the rest of his mods.

The kit I went with is rated 720hp, and 575 ft lbs. Crank numbers. So mine are probably right where they should be in terms of wheel power. The dyno graph shows 430 ft lbs @ 2800 rpm with it staying fairly flat across the range.
Sponsored