Sponsored

How is traction with a centri setup on street tires?

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Had my first ride in a 700 rwhp pd (roush) S197. The car sounded wonderful with an extremely loud exhaust and subtle whine. The power was instant, every time he tapped the throttle to show me something, the back wiggled. The car had to be driven carefully.

That is what I needed to experience in order to help maintain control over my emotions and not go over my actual requirements for the car.

Wonderful track and show car, but too much for city driving and road trips. I am still leaning towards a tame Centri
Sponsored

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yeah that doesn't sound fun to me. Just loaded Lund tune and installed jlt intake. Even just with that the car is feeling great. I'm sure upper 400whp NA will be plenty but I'll look over costs and see if I'll just get there with centri or full bolt ons.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
Had my first ride in a 700 rwhp pd (roush) S197. The car sounded wonderful with an extremely loud exhaust and subtle whine. The power was instant, every time he tapped the throttle to show me something, the back wiggled. The car had to be driven carefully.

That is what I needed to experience in order to help maintain control over my emotions and not go over my actual requirements for the car.

Wonderful track and show car, but too much for city driving and road trips. I am still leaning towards a tame Centri
Keep in mind It depends what his wheel and tire setup was. Wide wheels, sticky tires and warm weather and that car should stick much better than that. Just don't think going centri over is pd is going to keep the wheels from spinning. Wheels and tires do that.

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Keep in mind It depends what his wheel and tire setup was. Wide wheels, sticky tires and warm weather and that car should stick much better than that. Just don't think going centri over is pd is going to keep the wheels from spinning. Wheels and tires do that.
and I'm sure the 30 degree weather here didn't help. Man, the power is intoxicating

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
On stock tires mine destroys the tires at will ... First , second and third is just a big smoke show ..Pretty much useless on the street with stock tires ..Fun but useless .. :)

Sponsored

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
On stock tires mine destroys the tires at will ... First , second and third is just a big smoke show ..Pretty much useless on the street with stock tires ..Fun but useless .. :)
That's exactly why I have my ProCharger kit sitting until Spring time. If I put it on now, I would need new tires within a week. Now I'm just counting the days until warm weather comes back.

OP
OP
Moddiction

Moddiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Even NA with it being colder out (55 yesterday) the tires spin very very easily. Even 2nd gear the car will want to get sideways.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Subscribe

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My car spins through 3rd on street tires with traction control off.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I just noticed you have the PP. You running summers or A/S ? Will the car break traction at WOT when the streets are hot, such as in August?

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I just noticed you have the PP. You running summers or A/S ? Will the car break traction at WOT when the streets are hot, such as in August?
I'm running a 295/35/20 nitto invo. It breaks traction any time of the year lol. On street tires with close to 700rwhp your not going to hook. When I was around 550rwhp the car would hook half way through second when it was warm out.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
one thing I wish Mustang had is a MyKey Rev Limiter. Do you (or will you) do anything special when handing the keys over to a mechanic for maintenance / repair?

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
one thing I wish Mustang had is a MyKey Rev Limiter. Do you (or will you) do anything special when handing the keys over to a mechanic for maintenance / repair?
I really only bring it to one shop to do all my work and I trust them with the car. My car is slow compared to most the cars they build. Lol
Sponsored