Sponsored

How Much Was Your Ceramic Coating?

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Not a Mustang...but it is the prep! This one sat under a tree for 4 months..Tree sap, green rotted leaves.. I had to wash it twice...Polish twice ( cutting polish then the finer polish...clean, clean, clean!! Added some pinstriping down the sides. Total time on this one.. 25hrs! ...but I’m retired and it really is not hard work..just tedious! As I mentioned before..tunes and garage beers!! NOTE...most high end shops have infrared lights to cure the Ceramic much faster!! Yes, I use a DA polisher...try Scholls S20 Black Polish...amazing product!!
2FC529E9-580B-460A-B6BA-CD2C5997550E.jpeg
1948766A-DEFB-448C-9A5B-C21767919251.jpeg
5BA4707F-2A7F-447D-8D34-532556F138E4.jpeg
EE58EF84-23B2-43B0-A1C1-DFAA03EBDF39.jpeg
Good lord. It looks off the lot.
Sponsored

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Update on my budget $450 job. Well you get what you pay for as another post said.

First wash water just rolled off. Second wash it became apparent. Crap job. Do it yourself or pay the money.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update on my budget $450 job. Well you get what you pay for as another post said.

First wash water just rolled off. Second wash it became apparent. Crap job. Do it yourself or pay the money.
Or get what you paid for. Even for $450.00 your car should bead more than twice. Bring it back to your friend of a friend and have them correct it.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I did my neighbors 2014 Ford Escape..Ruby Red... incredible in the sunlight!! DIY is sooo friggin easy!! You really should try it!!
C7C8E8BA-EBD0-49B4-8FD4-2732130CD802.jpeg

Massman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2004 Explorer Sport Trac, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
I picked up my Bullitt the first Friday in November. Told the dealer not to touch it as I would take care of cleaning it.Got it home, washed and dried it and then applied a coat of Meguiar's # 21. Did a second coat the next day. Living in Western Ma. my Bullitt will never see snow or even warm winter days after roads have been salted. Car looks great. Then a friend recommended Avalon King ceramic coating. He said he had great results over 3 years parking outside in NE weather. He gave me a kit as a thank you for some help I gave him. After much thought I have decided to wash, clay bar, and use a paint cleaner on my Explorer Sport Track's hood and give the product a trial. I should mention I do the clay bar, use paint cleaner, and Meguiar's # 20 and now #21 in the spring and fall on my Sport Trac with great results. This past winter is the first year my poor Sport Trac wasn't garaged as the Bullitt now has it's spot. It still beads water but I can feel the paint needs a good cleaning before winter. Darn, I wish I had a 2 car garage.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did my neighbors 2014 Ford Escape..Ruby Red... incredible in the sunlight!! DIY is sooo friggin easy!! You really should try it!!
C7C8E8BA-EBD0-49B4-8FD4-2732130CD802.jpeg
OK, now you’re just showing off :):clap:
I love my Oxford White, but I miss my Ruby. When done right, the depth is unreal.

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I use Car Pro Products from Sky’s the Limit based in Florida!!!.... so,yes... wash with Reset, Clay bar, Iron-X, .... Scholls S20 Black Polish ( debuted at last years SEMA show!! ... cuts and polishes with one pad!!), clean, clean, clean with Eraser.... apply CQuartz UK 3.0, microfibre cloth for removal and polish (garbage the cloths used in this process as they will contain glass chards!! One coat of Reload the next day!! Yes it’s a long process....but good for 3-5yrs !!!!
F1FBC702-6967-4E3E-BE81-F9621F50F9F8.jpeg

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I use Car Pro Products from Sky’s the Limit based in Florida!!!.... so,yes... wash with Reset, Clay bar, Iron-X, .... Scholls S20 Black Polish ( debuted at last years SEMA show!! ... cuts and polishes with one pad!!), clean, clean, clean with Eraser.... apply CQuartz UK 3.0, microfibre cloth for removal and polish (garbage the cloths used in this process as they will contain glass chards!! One coat of Reload the next day!! Yes it’s a long process....but good for 3-5yrs !!!!
F1FBC702-6967-4E3E-BE81-F9621F50F9F8.jpeg
Big fan of Car Pro here too.

Tamerson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium; 1969 Mach I; 2013 Camero ZL1
My husband and I have a guy that applies the ceramic coating to our cars and then we use the products to keep them up. We use Detail King and they are amazing! customer support is amazing on top of it.

Here is my 2019 Mustang GT Premium Black on Black. I have had it since the first of July. It feels like glass when you run your hand across it. It is my daily driver. No swirls, scratches, or anything from the constant washing. When I say constant I literally mean our cars are washed 2-3 times per week.

My husband's daily driver is a 2013 Camero ZL1. It's red. It looks like a showroom car as mine does.
My husband paid about $800 for each car for the initial coating. The guy "cut" the blemishes out of the paint and the trash that is always left in the paint. My husband bought his car used. The previous owner had it parked under a tree for years. Our guy really worked on the car and now you cannot see any spots on it. Our guys went a little crazy on my Mustang and did a little more than we requested. LOL As I told my husband... it proves that I have the better car LOL
IMG_2356 (1).jpg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
My husband and I have a guy that applies the ceramic coating to our cars and then we use the products to keep them up. We use Detail King and they are amazing! customer support is amazing on top of it.

Here is my 2019 Mustang GT Premium Black on Black. I have had it since the first of July. It feels like glass when you run your hand across it. It is my daily driver. No swirls, scratches, or anything from the constant washing. When I say constant I literally mean our cars are washed 2-3 times per week.

My husband's daily driver is a 2013 Camero ZL1. It's red. It looks like a showroom car as mine does.
My husband paid about $800 for each car for the initial coating. The guy "cut" the blemishes out of the paint and the trash that is always left in the paint. My husband bought his car used. The previous owner had it parked under a tree for years. Our guy really worked on the car and now you cannot see any spots on it. Our guys went a little crazy on my Mustang and did a little more than we requested. LOL As I told my husband... it proves that I have the better car LOL
IMG_2356 (1).jpg
just curious as to why you have to wash them 3 times a week...no paved roads where you travel?? Mostly my BULLITT is in the garage...but when I had my Black 2015... it was a DD... hardly ever really washed it! And I live in Vancouver where it rains all the time! The Properties of the new Ceramic Coatings actually wash your car while you drive in the rain!!..I use a leaf blower to dry! When I would come home after driving in the rain.. a quick rinse only with the hose...done! What do you wash it with?? You shouldn’t use any car wash that contains wax!! It will make your finish cloudy!!
D4A87433-7EA9-4FE7-BE76-6190CD71CDCF.jpeg

Sponsored

Tamerson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium; 1969 Mach I; 2013 Camero ZL1
just curious as to why you have to wash them 3 times a week...no paved roads where you travel?? Mostly my BULLITT is in the garage...but when I had my Black 2015... it was a DD... hardly ever really washed it! And I live in Vancouver where it rains all the time! The Properties of the new Ceramic Coatings actually wash your car while you drive in the rain!!..I use a leaf blower to dry! When I would come home after driving in the rain.. a quick rinse only with the hose...done! What do you wash it with?? You shouldn’t use any car wash that contains wax!! It will make your finish cloudy!!
D4A87433-7EA9-4FE7-BE76-6190CD71CDCF.jpeg

LOL We have paved roads in Alabama. There is construction at my job so the red dirt clouds coats my car during the day before rain. My husband just loves to wash the cars for some reason. I will spray mine off with a hose but he is very picky and will wash it again. We use Detail King products and that is what the original ceramic wax was as well. We also use the boost spray every so many washes to give it that glass feel. I finish mine with the wheel coating but he doesn't care for it. I never thought about drying it off with a leaf blower. That's a great idea!! What products do you use? Great looking Mustangs!

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
I do it all myself! I use Car Pro products. CQuartz UK 3.0... and a reload once in a while. They have an Elixir ( mix of Reload and waterless wash product for the POP at the shows!!!
3A67275E-EE77-4482-AC4A-63BAB2AA7A2F.jpeg

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
$100 Adam's DIY Ceramic kit on Amazon....ooops sorry I've been scolded by other 6g members on other posts for daring to call this product ceramic, even though that's what it says on the label.

IMG_2119.JPG
Sponsored