Sponsored

How many tune revisions did you need after supercharging?

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
What a coincidence your talking about warm start. I have a 16 gt with roush phase 1 kit. Just got a PBD tune and everything was great the only thing was the warm starts like you stated. It would dip low and come back up and be fine. I told Rob shoe maker and he stated that they retard timing on start up so it won’t be loud since I do have a catless setup. But I asked for him to not worry about the loud idle and he sent me a new file and my issue was solved. Therefore 1 revision.
Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Mustang tuning legend Lidio Lacobelli did my E85 Whipple tune (dyno tuned), it is absolutely perfect and ZERO revisions. 10psi of boost and running 9.73 ET.
Lidio Iacobelli. Alternative Auto. Great guy. I was one of his first customers when he first opened up almost 30 years ago.

Lund tunes. 3 revisions after start up file. Purrs like a kitten and roars like a lion!

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Zero, zip, zilch, nada. Car runs, idles, gets down and everything between perfectly with the Kenne Bell canned tune on shitty AZ 91 octane. It drives better than stock, and still puts down good power @ 10 psi and behaves perfectly on a 120 degree AZ day. Is there power that could be had with a more aggressive tune? Absolutely. But that’s the difference when a company tunes hundreds of parameters for drivability versus a few for gaudy numbers. Leaning things out and adding timing just doesn’t work like it used to. #NoToonsForMe

I’m definitely not chasing dyno numbers. My car is fairly mild compared to a lot of builds.

The Mod list consists of
VMP GEN2R W / 85 MM pulley
VMP BAP
VMP fuel rails
56 lb injectors
Ford Twin 60MM TB
JLT 125 CAI
MBRP Cat Back

VMP talks about how they can tune even extreme setups to drive like stock and honestly mine does drive like stock. Just the wonky starts at times.
Car did put down 602 WHP.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
17 RS3 Roush with the VMP 730 Kit, also did the Triple pass dual Fan Heat Exchanger.
Did 4 logs and the tune was spot on from the get go.
Granted, VMP has probably done 100's of these, so they know what's up.
Car is super crisp and very responsive to throttle input.
Very impressed with this 730HP VMP kit.
Kit was a 82mm pulley, colder plugs, BAP, N gauge with tune, with data log reviews.

Check06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang P1X GT
Lund took bout 8 to 9 revisions on my P1X with some trouble shooting (STG2, race red, ID1050X, gt350 manifold, Stainless power LTH, Boundary OPG/CS). Car has GT350 manifold and at the time had the gt350 TB, so that's gone now. Followed by problems with MAF signal in the intercooler so I moved it into the straight section just before the TB and then it was fine to them. Happy with the tune but the car has occasional knock or at least the N-gauge says so. in 4th gear, sometimes 1st to 4th but primarily 4th for me

Sponsored

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 RS3 Roush with the VMP 730 Kit, also did the Triple pass dual Fan Heat Exchanger.
Did 4 logs and the tune was spot on from the get go.
Granted, VMP has probably done 100's of these, so they know what's up.
Car is super crisp and very responsive to throttle input.
Very impressed with this 730HP VMP kit.
Kit was a 82mm pulley, colder plugs, BAP, N gauge with tune, with data log reviews.
that’s just it. I know VMP has done thousands of these. Can’t figure out why my car is the problem child.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
Only thing I can think of and this has happened to me on a previous car and tune. I still had the stock Airbox and MAF tube and they had assumed I had a JLT, which is a larger tube where the MAF is at, and it ran like crap. I see you do have the larger JLT, so make sure they know for sure what you have.
That's all i got.. Good luck with getting it fixed.

OP
OP

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only thing I can think of and this has happened to me on a previous car and tune. I still had the stock Airbox and MAF tube and they had assumed I had a JLT, which is a larger tube where the MAF is at, and it ran like crap. I see you do have the larger JLT, so make sure they know for sure what you have.
That's all i got.. Good luck with getting it fixed.

Thanks and yes they know. Everything on the car minus the exhaust was sold in their GEN2R Kit.

Last edited:

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
3 revisions on E85 with Lund.

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
vmp did mine after they installed my gen3, car ran perfect from that original tune
Sponsored