Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I don't think anyone got the 4" screen vs. the 8" screen because they liked it better. Either they don't care for it (eg. track car) or can't afford the extra option.
Understood, more curiosity than anything. Plus, it just boggles my mind that Ford continues to offer such an unattractive option on a $30k+ auto. My daughter rented a 2021 Corolla that had a beautiful screen for the radio, on a car that starts at under $20k.

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Why do people buy all kinds of different trims, engines, options, etc.

Could be a lot of reasons, cost, availability of the color, other options were more important, no need for the better radio, etc.

If someone has 30K to spend and their options are a premium eco boost or a base GT, what each person chooses isn’t always the same.

I can say in my case I was looking for a GT in twister orange that was also a reasonable distance from me. Sure if I were building it though Ford I probably would buy the 301a package but its not that big of a deal to me. You can buy the parts and get Forscan to put in the big radio for half the cost of the 301a package.

Last edited:

Sponsored

SilverNv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Myles
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Base pp1 for me. The v8 was the priority. I would prefer to have heated seats over a touch screen.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
300A for me. Not because I can't afford anything else, I listen to talk radio for the most part & my phone for nav. Plus I wanted the lightest GT possible.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
I do and it came with the car. I don't really care for the screen size, whether it's small or big doesn't really bother me. I care more about hp and a v8 sound vs fancy shit. 😍👍🏻

But if me switching to a 8" screen is going to give me more hp then I'll replace it 🤪

OP
OP
Redraven571

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
I do and it came with the car. I don't really care for the screen size, whether it's small or big doesn't really bother me. I care more about hp and a v8 sound vs fancy shit. 😍👍🏻

But if me switching to a 8" screen is going to give me more hp then I'll replace it 🤪
Yep, same with me, that's what came with the car. I don't really care so much about the sync 3 appearance, if it looked exactly like the 4" screen but were bigger that would be fine. Just that for folks, ahem, 'in my age group', it's easier to see the bigger screen. Again, don't care about Nav, etc since I use my phone for all that.

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
My shopping criteria was: the cheapest new American V8 with a stick. Found one on the lot. I use my phone anyway.

Hell it could have had an AM radio and a dial and the car would still be awesome. Frankly I could do without the steering wheel buttons.

I guess if we are talking about the size of the head unit screen we've won the game of life. Or were spoiled. Or both.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Understood, more curiosity than anything. Plus, it just boggles my mind that Ford continues to offer such an unattractive option on a $30k+ auto. My daughter rented a 2021 Corolla that had a beautiful screen for the radio, on a car that starts at under $20k.
I agree wish they would shit can the whole damn LCD thing. Or at least offer a choice to have it deleted.
Do not drive a radio nor do I want to.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does that $20k Corolla have a 460hp V8? One of the reasons you can still get into a Mustang for under $40k Is because of downgrades like the base radio system.

Once again we are having the “why don’t our cars come with this standard” vs. “why do our cars cost so much” conversation. Why?

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've always had the thought process of buy a barely used car and let someone else take the depreciation hit. I bought my 16 in early 18 with 28k miles on it. The must haves were GT and manual. The nice to have was leather and a good radio. I found a base PP for $26k and jumped on it. Additional benefit, this car was well below my budget so I started modifying it almost immediately. I also added an amp and sub and mostly listen to Pandora on my phone. The only benefit of the 8in screen to me would be a bigger backup camera.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
My shopping criteria was: the cheapest new American V8 with a stick. Found one on the lot. I use my phone anyway.

Hell it could have had an AM radio and a dial and the car would still be awesome. Frankly I could do without the steering wheel buttons.

I guess if we are talking about the size of the head unit screen we've won the game of life. Or were spoiled. Or both.
I had 4 requirements when I bought my car. The California Special interior was a bonus.
1. low miles - car had 2k
2. decent mods - Roush 727 package
3. 6 speed manual
4. The 8 inch screen

The appearance and functionality added with the larger screen was not something I wanted to go without and having carplay is a huge bonus as I use my iphone for everything. Everyone has their own priorities when purchasing. None are right or wrong.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Yep, same with me, that's what came with the car. I don't really care so much about the sync 3 appearance, if it looked exactly like the 4" screen but were bigger that would be fine. Just that for folks, ahem, 'in my age group', it's easier to see the bigger screen. Again, don't care about Nav, etc since I use my phone for all that.
Yep me too.

Bigger screen looks nice and all but not a huge issue for me. I use waze and listen to my music through my phone so not really missing out on anything. If the car couldn't connect through Bluetooth then it would be an issue for me. Music blasting and hearing "police reported ahead" through waze is where it's at :)
Sponsored