How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
61 and enjoying Aussie RSPEC!

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
At 60 this is my retirement ride and I'm loving it. Kids driving their dads ats , cts, merc audi etc. wanna race at most lights - I just smile. I see loads of raisins with gt, Camaro ss and Challenger rt. Either we had one when young or always wanted one and this is the last chance.
IMG_1888.jpeg

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
I just turned 63 couple weeks ago and finally took delivery at the end March…We just finished a 3800 mile 15 state east coast trip and we’re leaving for the Black Hills SD in three weeks…Already put 7500 miles on it …
EEAC8FA1-7E8F-4A8D-ACB4-CBD9398F89D3.jpeg
Tail of the Dragon pic

Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
Nice choice on the F-Pace, is it a SVR?
Thanks! No; it's an R Sport: supercharged V6. Suitable for squireing the wife and pooches around.
For hammers-down power and fun, I've got the Mustang. Its top goes down, and it has more pedals than doors!

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Thanks! No; it's an R Sport: supercharged V6. Suitable for squireing the wife and pooches around.
For hammers-down power and fun, I've got the Mustang. Its top goes down, and it has more pedals than doors!
We have an XE in the family and my sister had a F-Pace. I wish they both had the supercharged V6! The XE has a 200 hp Ford EcoBoost in it, Jaguar managed to get a nice growl out of the exhaust that Ford never did with that engine. The F-Pace had the Ingenium 2.0 diesel.

IMG-7426.jpg

IMG-7434.jpg

DSC-0348.jpg

DSC-0347.jpg

Jag's are so underrated, they way they drive is special. The steering and lightness on their feet in particular. And just like a Mustang, looking down the long bonnet of Jag has certain feel to it.

(Sorry for the thread de-rail, I get excited when I see someone has a modern Jag too.)

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
We have an XE in the family and my sister had a F-Pace. I wish they both had the supercharged V6! The XE has a 200 hp Ford EcoBoost in it, Jaguar managed to get a nice growl out of the exhaust that Ford never did with that engine. The F-Pace had the Ingenium 2.0 diesel.

Jag's are so underrated, they way they drive is special. The steering and lightness on their feet in particular. And just like a Mustang, looking down the long bonnet of Jag has certain feel to it.

(Sorry for the thread de-rail, I get excited when I see someone has a modern Jag too.)
Beautiful machines!
There may be alternatives to the Mustang (though I think it's the best). But there is nothing out there to beat the F Pace! When its five-year service warranty (absolutely necessary for this breed) is up next year, there's no question what will replace it. Except maybe regarding the available colors.
Ford and Jaguar had a strong relationship, especially regarding engines when Ford owned Jag. They shared the V8 in my '05 TBird.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
This is my third V8 Mustang. Wife has a '19 Charger R/T
GT3.jpg

Deleted member 35775

This is my third V8 Mustang. Wife has a '19 Charger R/T
this is my 4th V8 Mustang and 3rd in less than 3 years. i started with a base GT in June 2018 (totaled 7 weeks later after i was t-boned on driver side), stepped up to a 2019 GT PP1 in Aug 2018, sold it to Vroom in Apr 2021 and purchased a 2020 GT350 a day after my car was picked up by Vroom... this counts as a GT, right? GT500, i have my eyes on you (next year?). :)

shelby 6.jpg

Sponsored

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
this is my 4th V8 Mustang and 3rd in less than 3 years. i started with a base GT in June 2018 (totaled 7 weeks later after i was t-boned on driver side), stepped up to a 2019 GT PP1 in Aug 2018, sold it to Vroom in Apr 2021 and purchased a 2020 GT350 a day after my car was picked up by Vroom... this counts as a GT, right? GT500, i have my eyes on you (next year?). :)

shelby 6.jpg
Cortez: get the GT500, you will love it. I followed your progression and just got my GT500. Oh, but don t forget to take your GT 350 Track Attack in N. Carolina.

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
SIXTY NINE!
I just love yelling that when someone asks.
I had an 88 and a 90 GT hatchback both 5 speeds.
Thought I'd out grown my need for speed......I was WRONG.
Started saving up for a newish coyote about 5 years ago.
Then read an ad for a slightly used one out of my price range.
Guy said it belonged to his dad, it was his dream car. Waited till he retired, bought it, drove it for a few months then had a stroke and can't drive anymore......
That was my wake up call!
Hell, I could stroke out any day now. I decided screw waiting, I'm gonna get something I could afford NOW!
So I found a sweet 04 GT vert. It was 12 years old with 28k on the clock .
Turned out I'm not a vert guy, so I sold it and found another unicorn. An 05 GT coupe, SCREAMING yellow. Same 12yo 28k on the clock.
Awesome car, I've owned it for 4 years now and came into a windfall money wise.
It's for sale for exactly what I paid for it, and I'm in the middle of a deal to ship a Grabber Lime (fell in love with that color!) 2020 GT from Michigan down here to Texas. 2900 miles on the clock, black package, A10, 301A, cloth seats. Active exhaust. And some other crap I actually don't care about, smart and safe....I'm neither, and voice activated something or other. Who cares. But I'll be adding 3.55 rear gears asap. Ford certified, 7/100,000 warranty.
Hopefully I'll have it in a few weeks!

IMG_20220112_141015.jpg

Last edited:

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...on my second s550.
Bought a '15 Camaro SS;
then the '17 GT;
traded it for a '20 Challenger Scat Pack 392 Hemi;
sold it and bought the '21 GT PP1..............:crazy:

Happy (for now)
(p/s, I just turned 67)

IMG_0459.JPG

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
SIXTY NINE!
I just love yelling that when someone asks.
I had an 88 and a 90 GT hatchback both 5 speeds.
Thought I'd out grown my need for speed......I was WRONG.
Started saving up for a newish coyote about 5 years ago.
Then read an ad for a slightly used one out of my price range.
Guy said it belonged to his dad, it was his dream car. Waited till he retired, bought it, drove it for a few months then had a stroke and can't drive anymore......
That was my wake up call!
Hell, I could stroke out any day now. I decided screw waiting, I'm gonna get something I could afford NOW!
So I found a sweet 04 GT vert. It was 12 years old with 28k on the clock .
Turned out I'm not a vert guy, so I sold it and found another unicorn. An 05 GT coupe, SCREAMING yellow. Same 12yo 28k on the clock.
Awesome car, I've owned it for 4 years now and came into a windfall money wise.
It's for sale for exactly what I paid for it, and I'm in the middle of a deal to ship a Grabber Lime (fell in love with that color!) 2020 GT from Michigan down here to Texas. 2900 miles on the clock, black package, A10, 301A, cloth seats. Ford certified, 7/100,000 warranty.
Hopefully I'll have it in a few weeks!

IMG_20220112_141015.jpg
2017 GT/PP Roush Phase 2 supercharger
Screenshot_20220102-152044_Chrome.jpg

75, had fast cars, bikes and boats off and on during past. Current 2018 GT A10 is a blast. Yes I get the weird looks and questions but who gives a rats azz, I sure don’t

A1F4EEC8-4A50-453D-8F67-F6FAE491503E.jpeg
You got it brother. I just supercharged mine and I'm 76.
Sponsored