How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

VERN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
VERN
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
Did not have time to enjoy when I was younger and may have wrapped in around a tree.
Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Just thinking about electric cars is depressing to me! My very first ride in a performance car was a 65 GTO convertible with tri-power! I was 16 years old. When I turned 17 and graduated from high school I had a 66 GTO convertible. ( went to trade school and was placed in good paying job- Draftsmen) The SOUND of a V8 was intoxicating and unforgettable! That sound is one of the reasons why I love my cars. I donā€™t care how fast an electric car is, it doesnā€™t have the sound! Every time I drive my cars it feels like a event!! Iā€™m 71 years old, set in my ways and passionate about my cars.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I'm what they call as "Middle Old", and soon to lose that distinction.
When I was much younger I was always striving for the fastest car from stop light to stop light, then it was the 1/4 mile in NHRA racing, and then road racing with SCCA. I've had Mustangs off and on since 1970, and just enjoyed them, both stock and modified. I think our generation (60's/early 70's) was an era I'll always cherish, because we didn't have cell phones, computers, fax machines and had to rely on our own ingenuity to modify cars to run in the 10's in the 1/4 and break the 1:50.733 lap time at Sears Point.
If you would have told people in the 60/70's that you were going down to the local dealer and buying an 800hp car or to build a 1500hp+ street engine, they would have told you to sober up or lay off the funny weed. You young guys have it so easy, with your computers, N02, turbo's/superchargers you can make insane HP/TQ numbers, but for this "Ole Guy", I wouldn't have traded my growing up in the 60's/70's for anything.
Everything changes, and the evolution of the internal combustion engine is singing its swan song, although I won't be around to see that end...but all you younger guys/girls will. Both GM/Ford have said by 2035 all of their Global manufacturing facilities will be producing electric vehicles. With that said, the internal combustion engine will still be around, but in small numbers.
How many of you have ridden in Tesla R which does 0-60 in under 2 seconds and 0-100 in 4 seconds, that's pretty impressive to me, even if it doesn't have much in the way of sound except the tires spinning and the smell of smoke.
Just enjoy what you have today and enjoying what you have now rather than worry about what you may not have tomorrow...IMHO

1Pretzel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephanie
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Metallic Mustang GT Premium
Well although Iā€™m not quite a senior yet, Iā€™m 49, I got my car once my girls were both in college and I could finally ditch my SUV. My husband said he had a truck if we needed to move them out of the dorm. So it was time to be selfish. I got the car that I wanted. 2017 Mustang GT PP1, we bought it with 12K miles on it and itā€™s a beauty. I get tons of questions at the gas station, all from guys. Itā€™s got a nice exhaust, and it turns heads when I start it up. And I love to leave those 20 somethings sitting at the light when it turns green.
64EB7EC9-DDC6-4B08-9722-322F97966D8B.jpeg

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Well although Iā€™m not quite a senior yet, Iā€™m 49, I got my car once my girls were both in college and I could finally ditch my SUV. My husband said he had a truck if we needed to move them out of the dorm. So it was time to be selfish. I got the car that I wanted. 2017 Mustang GT PP1, we bought it with 12K miles on it and itā€™s a beauty. I get tons of questions at the gas station, all from guys. Itā€™s got a nice exhaust, and it turns heads when I start it up. And I love to leave those 20 somethings sitting at the light when it turns green.
Congratulations Stephanie. Don't be in a hurry to become a senior. Other than more free time and perhaps more money to do and buy things you want, you will miss the physical advantages you now enjoy In your midlife years. Nice looking car and happy travels... Bruce

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Congratulations on a great car use it well and enjoy it drive it as much as you can.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Very nice looking Mustang GT. I like the hood, and the side scoops just add something to the looks.
Oh, and 49 is not senior.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302
Well I'm almost there, will be 65 this fall. It' probably good I never had a car like this growing up. Fortunately I got into Motocross that gave me my adrenaline fix. But for all of my live I have always needed a truck for work and play. So Finally I was in the position to get one so I did. IF it ever gets nice enough outside I will get some pictures

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
As a senior citizen I'm curious-how many other old guys are buying Mustang GTs? When I traded in my E350 (for my 19 GT) the look on the salesman's face was priceless.
I'm wondering how much of an anomaly I might be and if not, how many other "older enthusiasts" are enjoying their GTs?
I get questions constantly at the car wash (typically from Audi and Beemer owners) "Sir is that your car? How do you like it?" Translation - why the hell is an oldtimer like you driving that?
It's simple - you're never too old to enjoy a well balanced platform that brings a smile to your face each time you press that button. The active exhaust simply enhances the experience.
W
64 1/2...years young. Waiting for my 2021 Mustang GT Cali Special to be built. Scheduled to start production week of July 26, 2021. My 2006 Mustang GT trans died in Nov 2020. That was my daily driver for 14 years. Miss that GT so I had to replace it. My first 68 fastback was bought in 1978 so long time Mustang and Ford guy....and one 68 fastback with 69 351W on rotisserie !

Sponsored

Mach U

Threads
Reaction score
Scottsdale, AZ - Winter / Carlsbad CA - Summer
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Genesis - 2021 Mach 1(HP)
W

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
GT? dang it all ... I'm a senior .... I cant afford such fancy contraptions. Lucky I got a V6.