Sponsored

How long to receive order number

101grunt

Threads
Reaction score
From the time I placed my order, how long should I expect to wait to receive my order number?
Sponsored

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
u shld get it instantly from dealer

OP
OP

101grunt

Threads
Reaction score
That's my problem. Ordered from a dealer six weeks ago only to find out last week that they 'forgot' to place the order. Got deposit back and went to another dealer first thing Friday morning. Placed order, got build sheet with a blank where order number goes. Asked for order number and was assured I would get it that afternoon. Anyway, here it is Monday and they still don't have a number, yet continue to assure me that it has been ordered. Whats' the deal?

IndustryLeech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP, 2012 V6 'vert, '70 VW Bug, '01 Disco 2
I got the order number on the printout before I left my salesman's office after ordering.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
dame was with me.. i knew my order nu ber as i ordered along with dealer

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
That's my problem. Ordered from a dealer six weeks ago only to find out last week that they 'forgot' to place the order. Got deposit back and went to another dealer first thing Friday morning. Placed order, got build sheet with a blank where order number goes. Asked for order number and was assured I would get it that afternoon. Anyway, here it is Monday and they still don't have a number, yet continue to assure me that it has been ordered. Whats' the deal?
Contact FORD HQ to complain about the dealer.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Doesn't Ford realize all these crappy dealers are sending business to other dealers and affecting their bottom line. Doesn't anyone at Ford hold dealers accountable?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Doesn't Ford realize all these crappy dealers are sending business to other dealers and affecting their bottom line. Doesn't anyone at Ford hold dealers accountable?
If the customers just go to another Ford dealer then it’s not changing fords bottom line. The reality is it’s up to us to hold the dealers accountable. And by that I mean shop where you are taken care of ie. granger Ford in Iowa. Don’t shop with crappy dealers......they will figure it out and improve or disappear.

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
What did you order that required a deposit? I find it odd they required one, my dealer never does

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Every dealer I've known requires a deposit to order.

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I guess my dealer is pretty good then; i asked them about deposits in the past and they said 'absolutely not necessary, unless you are ordering a hard to sell expensive car'

Pronichkin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Conv (totaled by a puma); 2021 GT Conv PP1
My dealer said they would like a deposit, but their card processing was broken at the time I sat with them. So they asked if they could just photocopy both sides of my credit card to take the deposit later. I figured I sort of have to trust those people anyway if I'm buying a car from them, and moreover I always watch closely all the transactions on my card. So I handed them the card and let them photocopy it.

So far, it's been three months since I submitted the order, the car has been built and the estimated delivery date is 3/31. They have not taken the deposit yet, and I'm not reminding them of that.
Sponsored