Sponsored

How is the Air Conditioning

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
The AC on this car is crazy. I don't know if it's the small cabin or what, but it gets very cold very fast even on the lowest fan speed.

I really hope the heating is just as crazy for my Canadian winter. :D
Sponsored

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Oh yea

The AC on this car is crazy. I don't know if it's the small cabin or what, but it gets very cold very fast even on the lowest fan speed.

I really hope the heating is just as crazy for my Canadian winter. :D
And the manual controls are easy to use are they not?:thumbsup:

Eadracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Oxford white GT
Just curious if you are using your auto temp control. That would solve your problem with the "freeze outs". Just set it where it is comfortable and leave it there. Easy to adjust as needed.

Nope.....I'm not. But I'll totally try it out! Thanks !

socalsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 5.0 GT PP
One word...its FRIGID.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Forty to fifty years ago, American car manufacturers used to brag how much more efficient American A/C compressors were compared to European nameplates. Sounds like for your Mustang in Germany she's living up to her heritage.;) Please let us know what type of reception your Stang is getting in Germany. You must have one of the very first.:thumbsup:
Reception from Germans has been 100% positive, I have had people come up to me on the street and ask me about it, Most simply cannot believe it's an American Car, much less a Ford,
The only hate I've gotten at all was from other Americans, The same typical "a 4 cylinder is not a real mustang" drivel.

I had one owner of a 2006 S197 tell me it "sounds like shit," I offered to go run down to the nearest autobahn which he refused.

So yeah other than Americans being a-holes and reinforcing some of the stereotypes about Mustang drivers. It's been all good. I will be working hard to change that stereotype but then again, I guess I don't drive a 'Real' Mustang.

Sponsored

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
Now that is funny:lol::lol::lol: On my 2013 GT vert, I couldn't make my fully automatic whiz bang climate system work...but the funny thing is, no one at two Ford dealerships could work it either. Any of you Dudes experience a central Texas summer of 100* days with a climate control that turned the heater on when you needed the AC on? My 2015 base AC mechanical controls work perfectly. I only thought that I needed an Automatic Climate Control.:cool:
Sounds like a faulty system in the 13. I have ridden with so many people in their cars who just don't get how "Auto" works regarding their heat/air in their cars. constantly flipping the fan from high to low to high again. turning it off, then back on. Drives me crazy.
My wife is one who just can't seem to get it. I have tried so many times to explain it and show her just how efficiently it works, but she just cant get in the habit of using it.
It is so simple once you make a habit of using the "auto". Just leave the A/C on, set to Auto, adjust the temp to where you want it. So easy to just flip the temp up or down as needed. When it starts getting cold outside, your heat will kick on instead of the air to make the temp. whatever you have it set to.
I know many folks may not even know they have this feature, especially if they are coming from a car that only had the temp. knob that wasn't automatic. just that "blue" side, and the "red" side.
For those who may not be familiar with their "auto". Just think of it like the thermostat in your home. You put it in "auto" set the temp, and that is the temp it will keep your home.
Mind you, when it is Hot in your car, the fan will blow at high speed to initially cool the car down, but if you just leave it alone, the fan speed will slow down when you car gets closer to the temp you have it set for. Works the same way for the heat, if it is cold in the car.
I can't imagine having this feature, and not using it.
Please, if any of you here have it, and have not tried using it properly, please try it, and give it a chance to do its job. I think you will be very happy with the result.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
^thanks Mikef523 for explaining the Auto climate system. I was very familiar with how the AUTO climate works as I had two vehicles with the system. Unfortunately, my 2013 GT had a faulty system...not just climate but whole thing. They had to replace touch screen and innards. It was covered by warranty though. Lots of hassle on that Mustang...that's why I like the simplicity of the base AC in my 2015. And BTW, I have not found anything wrong with my 2015 vert. Panels perfect, paint great, and not a rattle anywhere...I got a great car...very lucky with this 2015.

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
The AC is really good if I park my car in a garage/car port or any shaded area even with ambient temp of 127F. Otherwise it would take ~20 mins of driving to have it half-ass cold.
temp.jpg

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
The AC is very cold. I live in the desert too.

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
And the manual controls are easy to use are they not?:thumbsup:
It's easier than I thought it would be, to be honest. My previous car had automatic climate control, and it was kinda nice how you "set it and forget it".

But it had its own annoyances too. Like when you enter the car on a hot day, and the car goes full on freak-out mode to try and regulate temperature at the cost of making everyone in the car go "TURN THAT SHIT DOWN, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

I think the Remote Starter + Manual Climate Control is a really nice combo. Using the remote starter, the car does its freak out thing to get the temperature nice and comfortable, and when I enter, it chills out (pun very much intended).
Sponsored