I have the quick jack low profile car lift. Its awesome and worth every cent

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I just received my jacking rails last week....Any recommendations on where to buy a good set of jack stands?
Been wrenching 15 years with harbor freight and Blackjack jack stands and Iā€™m still here to tell you about itā€¦ I have no issue crawling under a 3900lb car supported by 4 jack stands rated to support 24,000lbs combined that only cost 60$ total. I would not crawl under any vehicle that weighed near the max capacity of any brand.

Sponsored

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
Jacking points I use:
Whole car or one side only - jacking rails.
Front only - cross member.
Rear only - Differential (I'm on my second S550 and have never harmed diff mounts).

All of the above I now do with a bellows air jack (less $ than most floor jacks - will lift 6000 lb with 125 psi). With 2x12 lumber, I've added a total of 6 inches of jack extension over the 16.5 inch jack height. With the same 2x12, I can add 6 inches to each of two jack stands or 3 inches to each of four.
jack.jpg

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
You can do all that without rails.

I jack it up from the front jack point and the entire side of the car goes up. Place 2 jacks and then move onto the other side to do the same thing. Up on 4 stands in less than 5 minutes.
You can also walk to the grocery store and carry 40lbs of groceries home, but itā€™s a lot easier with a car.
You can do it without rails but life is so much easier with them that it is a no brainer. Also, regular jacks/Jack stands car mar/damage your pinch welds.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Jacking points I use:
Whole car or one side only - jacking rails.
Front only - cross member.
Rear only - Differential (I'm on my second S550 and have never harmed diff mounts).

All of the above I now do with a bellows air jack (less $ than most floor jacks - will lift 6000 lb with 125 psi). With 2x12 lumber, I've added a total of 6 inches of jack extension over the 16.5 inch jack height. With the same 2x12, I can add 6 inches to each of two jack stands or 3 inches to each of four.
jack.jpg
Thatā€™s the scariest thing Iā€™ve ever seen in my life. Iā€™m sure itā€™s fine and perfectly safe, but Iā€™m terrified.

pt's21

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT PP MT, Wife's 20 Mustang GT A10
The bellows jack has a telescoping steel tube in its center. It's more stable than a scissors jack.

I might use jack only to pull a wheel, but I'm not using jack only, ANY jack, if I'm getting under the vehicle.

Also, my jack stands have rubber pads on top (Amazon), they're not removing paint from anything. And the bellows jack is topped off with a rubber pad from manufacturer.

Last edited:

Sponsored

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
Now if I could just convince someone else that this is affordable. Or maybe I could become one of them YouTube influencers and get a free one.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
You can also walk to the grocery store and carry 40lbs of groceries home, but itā€™s a lot easier with a car.
You can do it without rails but life is so much easier with them that it is a no brainer.
I've had both, and I would say that it's marginally easier at best. Even doing multiple wheels swaps a day at track events and home it's not that big of a deal.

A better comparison would be bringing 40lbs of groceries home it a 2 seater with limited trunk space vs. bringing 40lbs of groceries home in a 4 door sedan.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I've had both, and I would say that it's marginally easier at best. Even doing multiple wheels swaps a day at track events and home it's not that big of a deal.

A better comparison would be bringing 40lbs of groceries home it a 2 seater with limited trunk space vs. bringing 40lbs of groceries home in a 4 door sedan.
What!? No way, 2seater with limited trunk space vs a bicycle. Iā€™ll give you bicycle over walking cause you seem like a nice guy

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I can tell you how I will never do it again. Plastic ramps.

I had my wife back the car up to them and when she tried to go up them, the tires (drag radials) grabbed them and the car did an endo. The ramps went under the pinch welds and the bottom body panels (the thin strip) bent out away from the car. My wife barely pushed the gas and we are on kinda slick concrete so the went right under. They are now in the trash.

Had to jack up the car one side at a time and use a board between the jack and the pinch weld to get it high enough to pull the bastards out. My wife was freaking out that she fucked up the car. I was like holy hell.. WTF. Glad I didn't have my foot anywhere nearby.

Car is fine. Both panels stuck right back onto the car. My poor wife felt terrible though. I couldn't blame her cause I would have done the same thing.

Lesson learned.
Sponsored

Last edited: