Sponsored

How do you go about getting a new GT350 gen 2 VooDoo engine?

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
ouch…assuming you are under warranty, you should be good for a new engine;

1690464025717.jpeg
Yes sir its a 2016, I actually ended up buying the users DIG-IT in this forum...but I didnt buy it from him. I bought it from BOB Davidson Ford in MD (awesome dealer, largest Shelby dealer in the East Cost) and they are treating my car like it deserves.

Little back story, this is the second Oil Consumption test I have done...the first one was in a dealer that doesnt see a lot of Shelbys and they told me literally "we dont want the liability" I was livid! The only reason I didnt go back to BoB Davidson is because its 1:30 from my house...but I guess thats what I have to do from now on...Ill keep everyone posted
Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I've found mine pretty much only consumes oil during road miles. Probably not too far off that 1 quart every 500 to 1000 miles. Track miles, almost no consumption.

Do you have a magnetic drain plug?
I do not, just regular yellow plug :) I have a premium warranty that I bought with the car 2 months ago for 5 years/75k miles, so I should be good on that

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Just a quick update, I took my car on Thursday to the dealer cause it let me stranded twice in one day these were the symptoms:
-Good Battery,
-New Key Fob Battery
-Press the clutch and press the push start button and.....nothing.
-Little screen in the cluster said I needed to press the clutch but I was already pressing it.
-I bypassed the clutch sensor just to see if it was that but it was not.
-In the moring after I brought it home (after push starting it) it turned on like nothing happened, so I am guessing starter issues, but since its intermitent the car still in the dealer being diagnosed because they cant replicate the issue. But when I got it into service area my service manager went to turn it on and it did it to him so I was relieved because he said they are not going to send the car home with that problem, so I was relieved.

They are also looking into the oil consumption test, I was at 263 miles in the clock since that last oil change and the oil level was below the bottom dot of the dipstick, so crossing fingers I get the new engine. Ill keep you guys posted.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Update...
My car is getting the starter solenoid replaced to see if it fixes the no start issue and the engine is getting torn down to send pictures to ford to see if they approve the engine replacement. Ill update once I know more.

Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Update...
My car is getting the starter solenoid replaced to see if it fixes the no start issue and the engine is getting torn down to send pictures to ford to see if they approve the engine replacement. Ill update once I know more.
Odd. The solenoid is integrated with the starter. It should just be an entire starter assembly swap.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well that's good to know, that's what my service advisor told me, so they might change the whole starter and he did not know. :)

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Well that's good to know, that's what my service advisor told me, so they might change the whole starter and he did not know. :)
Most service “advisors” aren’t much more educated on automobiles than your local Autozone desk associates.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Most service “advisors” aren’t much more educated on automobiles than your local Autozone desk associates.
LoL... 100% agree I just didnt do the research to know that detail and just said what he said to me...now if I didnt have warranty on the car I would have looked up the blueprint of the starter and then I would have known :D lol

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Quick update,

Engine is getting disassembled to take pictures to send to Ford. Will probably hear something in the next few weeks.

Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Update...

Good news just heard from the dealer and the cylinder walls are scored...they will be replacing the engine.

I told the service advisor to let me know when the new engine comes in so I can document everything.

OP
OP
ClarksGT350

ClarksGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 & 2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP
Congratulations! Just wish there was a way to know why this kinda stuff is happening. I’m sure you will Enjoy that new gen 2 VooDoo.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congratulations! Just wish there was a way to know why this kinda stuff is happening. I’m sure you will Enjoy that new gen 2 VooDoo.
Im going to ask the tech when I go to the dealer, he is the Shelby mechanic and "expensive jobs" mechanic as the servive guy told me. Hes been there for 20 years. Maybe he saw something out of the ordinary...by the way highlyyy recommend this dealer to anyone in the east coast BOB DAVIDSON FORD in Maryland.
Sponsored