Sponsored

How do you go about getting a new GT350 gen 2 VooDoo engine?

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You can keep driver side. I removed mine as it never Has any oil in it and I changed my dipstick set up for easier access.

20230208_142539.jpg
Same here driver side never has oil, just a film of oil. I saw your video doing the dipstick extension on youtube! Nice job!
Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
1000030009.jpg

Well Gents, new one is in and I have it back and its a dream to drive! They did an amazing job at BOB Davidson Ford in Baltimore! Now break in period for 1k miles and back for an oil change :) I am installing this week the GT500 AOS on the passenger side also...Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
1000030009.jpg

Well Gents, new one is in and I have it back and its a dream to drive! They did an amazing job at BOB Davidson Ford in Baltimore! Now break in period for 1k miles and back for an oil change :) I am installing this week the GT500 AOS on the passenger side also...Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!
Congrats sir! I know you missed it dearly. Mine took 2.5 months for replacement. Curious how long it took yours? Seems fast.

I did 300 miles and then changed the oil. Please post a pic of when you do. Mine was FULL of little red particles....like a loctite or grease of some sort. Curious if yours has the same.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats sir! I know you missed it dearly. Mine took 2.5 months for replacement. Curious how long it took yours? Seems fast.

I did 300 miles and then changed the oil. Please post a pic of when you do. Mine was FULL of little red particles....like a loctite or grease of some sort. Curious if yours has the same.

Mine took 4 weeks, I have driven it 63 miles since. Last night I got a Check Engine light, misfire in cylinder 4. I sent a message to the tech to see if they can come and pick the car at the house cause I do not want to drive it like this. The car is not hesitating or anything but has the misfire. I was thinking of doing the oil change at 500, the red stuff might have been assembly grease also? I will make sure to post pictures of the first oil change filter and what the dealer says about the misfire.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
QuIck update, got the car back from the dealer.

Reason for Misfire: Bad Fuel

Where did I get the fuel? Costco (93 octane)

I am only filling up in Shell from now on

Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
You can keep driver side. I removed mine as it never Has any oil in it and I changed my dipstick set up for easier access.

20230208_142539.jpg
Hi George,

I need to run something by you, I tried to install the GT500 AOS and was unsuccesful due to the mounting points of the bracket. I sent an email to ford performance and called them twice bit they give me the runaround (they dont know) here is the email,

Good Afternoon,

I have a GT350R with a set of Ford Performance part number M-6067-M52S valve covers installed.

I am trying to install the GT500 Air Oil Separator, Ford Performance part number M-6766-A52.

On step 4 in the instructions it states that I need to use the studs in the valve cover to mount the bracket of the AOS with the 3 supplied nuts. (Picture attached)

My set of Valve Covers only brought bolts to secure them. Apparently the GT500 has 3 of the valve cover bolts that have studs on top of them. (Example picture attached)

I went to the Ford dealer near me and they couldnt find the part or part number for the studs.

Can I please either have a part number or buy them from you? I need 3 of them.

Screenshot_20231005_130930_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231005_130009_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Grab a vin number from a GT500, any ford dealer should be able to look them up. I would try Levittown Ford parts. They may be able to help you out.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Grab a vin number from a GT500, any ford dealer should be able to look them up. I would try Levittown Ford parts. They may be able to help you out.
Thanks for the quick reply! :D I went to my local Ford dealer and they couldnt find them in the parts diagram. They were looking at 2021 GT500, Ill try Levitown thanks!

If anyone has a part number, please send it!

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
@Victorusmc 500 valve covers look pretty cool. Are they heavier than stock? Still nice.
I honestly believe they are lighter and they felt lighter, but I cant weigh them now that they are installed. I did it mostly for heat dissipation but they do look better than the plastic ones

Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Thanks for the quick reply! :D I went to my local Ford dealer and they couldnt find them in the parts diagram. They were looking at 2021 GT500, Ill try Levitown thanks!

If anyone has a part number, please send it!

If you need a GT500 vin # to help finding the cover bolts, Here is one.

849a8f9c9b56482ebdc98478ba9c9e07_ful.jpg

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
If you need a GT500 vin # to help finding the cover bolts, Here is one.

849a8f9c9b56482ebdc98478ba9c9e07_ful.jpg
Thank you George! Really appreciate it!

Mrzero came in with the save and sent me a part number, here it is for anybody that needs it W720840-S437 also he indicated that the original PCV hose needs to be used with the kit.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hi everyone, I just wanted to give an update. I did 500 miles of break in the new engine, got an oil change and I just passed 1k miles. I checked the oil level and it was missing 1/4 of a quart so I am very happy with the gen 2.

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Hi everyone, I just wanted to give an update. I did 500 miles of break in the new engine, got an oil change and I just passed 1k miles. I checked the oil level and it was missing 1/4 of a quart so I am very happy with the gen 2.
If I understand correctly, in 500 miles your car's engine consumed 1/4qt(8oz) of oil. I personally think that's a lot. My car is lucky if I loose 3-4oz every year(5k-6kmiles), and that's through emptying the oil seperator.
Sponsored