Sponsored

How do you go about getting a new GT350 gen 2 VooDoo engine?

Kachow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
My motor was just replaced on Monday. If you have ESP, they mandate the dealer tear down motor to point of failure.

VictorUSMC, it only took 1 day for my motor to get to the dealer here in Georgia. Fast shipping. Gen 2 here we come.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I’m actually surprised they did a tear down of the motor. I didn’t think dealerships did anything like that anymore.
Well to be honest, I first went to Century Ford Mount Airy in Maryland and they told me that they were gonna do a oil consumption test I agreed to it, they did the oil change and I went to the dealer after 200 miles and it was below the bottom hole in the dipstick. They made me buy another quart so they knew how much oil it would take to get back to normal (it took the whole quart). Then the tech told the foreman that it was inconclusive...and I was livid at this point...so then the foreman takes me outside and we have a conversation and he confesses that he just doesnt want the liability cause this is a very expensive job, so why did they do the oil test in the first place? Money...at this moment I called my sales man Austin Pukl in BOB DAVIDSON FORD and explain the situation, he puts me in contact with his preffered Shelby service advisor Christian(with his personal cellphone) and they got me in the next day...could not be happier with the process they knew exactly what they needed to do with no excuses and no run arounds!

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My motor was just replaced on Monday. If you have ESP, they mandate the dealer tear down motor to point of failure.

VictorUSMC, it only took 1 day for my motor to get to the dealer here in Georgia. Fast shipping. Gen 2 here we come.
Beautiful!

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
Just to chime in on the no start issue. I bought a car from the Ford Performance Racing School. I had my dealer print the whole OASIS history. Apparently my car had a history of shutting off on track and gave a code for throttle position sensor or pedal position sensor. The techs spent a lot of time isolating the various sensors and circuits. The codes were intermittent. The ultimate culprit was found to be a chafed wiring harness under the front bumper cover. I don't know how I would have ever found this. My car was early production. Chassis number 40.

Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Quick Update:

I went today to the dealer, the engine is in the shop, my car is being disassembled. The tech said that the piston rings were the reason why the engine failed. I will be going next week to inspect the new engine once they take it out of the box and take some pictures for the cars history and documentation.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Nice, now with those cam covers you can install the GT500 oil separator if you want to.

Sponsored

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Is it better than the GT350 driver and passenger side ones? My car already has those. Please let me know, anything to make the car run better!

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
SOLD! I like the way you think! that by itself is the only reason anyone should do it.

Victorusmc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Victor
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Well it's self draining, only advantage I can see
I order it from LMR, comes in on Monday. hopefully I will have the car next week :D thanks for the suggestion! by chance do you know if I have to take of the driver side one?

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
You can keep driver side. I removed mine as it never Has any oil in it and I changed my dipstick set up for easier access.

20230208_142539.jpg
Sponsored