Sponsored

How do the GTPP shocks/struts compare with the Ford performance S/S?

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Right now I've got the Ford Performance springs mounted on the PP1 shocks/struts. Occasionally, there is a bounce that I can't help but think would be helped by a harder dampening on "midrange speed" bumps. The PP1 shocks seem to handle the faster speeds well, and the FP springs are stiffer, so I am assuming the limiting factor here of high-mid velocity travel of the suspension is the PP1 shocks. This leads me to wonder how the valving of the Ford Performance shocks & struts compare with the performance package equipment? Does anyone have data or general info for this?
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Performance Track dampers have significantly more damping than the PP ones, and will match well with those springs (much better than the PP shocks and struts). They will give you flexibility to run many different springs. I have seen damping curves between the two, also.

OP
OP
SlaughterOfTheSoul

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
Ah man looks like I'll be swapping for those then. Every time I feel that I am going to know and it's going to bother me.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
iIs quite the difference between PP and FRPP Shocks/Struts. Some members have noted it actually improves ride quality. This alone was one reason why I went base GT b/c I knew the PP suspension would be replaced.

Daytona Coupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2017 Explorer Sport, Ducati Diavel
Count me as one of those that thinks the FRPP dampers improved the ride over the stock PP package. I'm very happy with the FRPP track package and I think the shocks have a lot to do with it.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
The Ford track suspension kit springs are progressive, so they ride very well despite at their maximum being pretty much what the 350R springs are.
Sponsored