Sponsored

How do I disable front DRL's when engine off and accessory on?

InsaneJester17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Hey everyone! First post here. My GF just picked up a 2019 Ecoboost and so far we love the crap out of it!

Odd question, we took her to the drive in last night, and we could NOT figure out how to have the radio on, and disable the front DRL lights. I turned off the DRL's in the dash settings, made sure the light switch was all the way left to the off position. I have no idea how to do this. Anyone know? Thanks!
Sponsored

snotrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Premium, hellion 6266 tt, 18'intake, boundary billet opg& cs id1050x, jms bap, msd 2-step, m/t et street r bias 28-11.5x17, steers tri-ax shifter, gforce II boost control,
Hey everyone! First post here. My GF just picked up a 2019 Ecoboost and so far we love the crap out of it!

Odd question, we took her to the drive in last night, and we could NOT figure out how to have the radio on, and disable the front DRL lights. I turned off the DRL's in the dash settings, made sure the light switch was all the way left to the off position. I have no idea how to do this. Anyone know? Thanks!
Did you try lifting up on the e-brake? Works for most cars, I'll have to try mine later.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Yes, I even tried turning the accessory off, lift ebrake, then turn accessory back on. Still lights.
If you want to sit in the dark and listen to the radio, turn the car off and hit the radio on button. It will operate the radio but be aware it will drain the battery but no to bad. I do it all the time, I just recondition the battery every couple of months. As for the signature lighting (DRLS) I don't think you can turn them off with a selection.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The radio doesn't operate without ignition on. It can work for a few minutes if you turn ignition off with all doors closed, but it will turn off relatively quickly. And yes, those stupid lights are always on, no matter what. I also tried the dash settings option, and it does absolutely nothing. No idea why it's there to begin with. Plus they're not very bright, so not really a great DRL. You'd probably have to physically disconnect them, since nobody has found a way to turn them off with FORScan either. Sorry for the bad news :).

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The radio doesn't operate without ignition on. It can work for a few minutes if you turn ignition off with all doors closed, but it will turn off relatively quickly. And yes, those stupid lights are always on, no matter what. I also tried the dash settings option, and it does absolutely nothing. No idea why it's there to begin with. Plus they're not very bright, so not really a great DRL. You'd probably have to physically disconnect them, since nobody has found a way to turn them off with FORScan either. Sorry for the bad news :).
I was browsing around the forum the other day and someone said they figured out how to disable the tri bar lights with Forscan, but I can't remember the thread

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I remember reading several discussions, but nothing worked. If you happen to run into that thread, please post how. I'm fine with them for now, but wish I could turn them on and off on settings, but for some reason, it doesn't work.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
Can Forscan and "dark mode" aka "police mode" be the solution?

wade001

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wade
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Prem. 10r80, PP1, 401A, Active Exhaust
Yes, I even tried turning the accessory off, lift ebrake, then turn accessory back on. Still lights.
you and your girlfriend just have to move down the street to make out now.. cant do it in the driveway.. stupid lights give you away

im just kidding of course..

thats a good idea, i know it prevents interior lights from coming on when doors are opened. but not sure if it has any affect on exterior lights

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I remember reading several discussions, but nothing worked. If you happen to run into that thread, please post how. I'm fine with them for now, but wish I could turn them on and off on settings, but for some reason, it doesn't work.
JC what module so you use to connect your car to fordscan?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Maybe, but then you'd have no interior lights. I assume the map lights still work, but not when you open the doors. By the way, I HATE that you can't turn those stupid lights off when it's daylight, but it's nice to have them on at night, especially with a passenger. Not sure what that mode does to the Mustangs: Do the pony mirror lights killed too? I assume those 'DRLs' are killed as well, so the car is not visible with lights off.

JC what module so you use to connect your car to fordscan?
You don't need any module; just a computer (or phone) and a OBD2 cable or adapter. And of course download FORScan (it's free). There're dozens of modules you can mess with, if that's what you meant. There's a FORScan thread somewhere here; look for it. It has instructions on how to download it, install it, and use it. Hope this helps :).

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
It's not possible, even using ForScan. IIRC the fron DRL's are directly connected to power when you turn the car on.

OP
OP

InsaneJester17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Wow I really appreciate all the replies. Sucks that it's not an option. Maybe next time I'll bring some black duct tape and slap them over the lights :crackup:

I'll have to look into FORscan. I'm curious what extra useful functionality it provides.

you and your girlfriend just have to move down the street to make out now.. cant do it in the driveway.. stupid lights give you away

im just kidding of course..
You don't get to tell me where to make out! :wink:

falcongtho3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1 ; 2013 Boss 302
I don't know about these particular cars, but I know on previous models applying the parking brake turned them off.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know about these particular cars, but I know on previous models applying the parking brake turned them off.
Yes, the trick being set the EM brake with all power off. As you not tried it with the Mustang.
Sponsored