Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
It's like choosing an NFL draft pick. VMP and Whipple are both first round picks. But Whipple ultimately has the higher ceiling.
Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kumar ran 10.5 134 many times before upping the power. And you keep saying one off? That is a production cal, get your facts straight.

Mine ran 10.5, lifting before the finish line.

Most out there are manuals, which are much harder to run 10's.

Again as always you compare a custom, non emissions setup to a calibration that passed actual durability testing and meets CARB and EPA requirements. They are running 15psi with the same cal, aftermarket tuners have to make different cals. Won't be long until they are emissions approved, 2 years later??? And it does certainly matter. Statements like that is what's going to wreck the performance world for everyone.

Our kit runs 11psi and again, boost is just a measurement that has little to do with actual cylinder pressure since cams are variable as well as actual cylinder pressure.

Cost difference is $900, that also includes far nicer components, the actual ability to change wheel/axle ratio (remember you have to get tool from me for guys with VMP and Roush kit), Flight Control software and so many other features. Why don't you ask Lund or Ken about the differences since they compared both kits on the same car?

Apples to oranges. We will never sacrifice reliability and durability to gain 1-2mph as others will. We spent thousands of hours in Ford labs, Ford dynos with highly qualified Ford engineers to make sure we can push what we push. Do you know how many have broken there trans on 11-14 apps because they turn off all trq mgt or don't know all the proper functions of how to complete a shift safely?
First of all, your results don't count. I'm not counting VMP's 9.9 at 138 on 8-9psi (82mm) either. Second, is Kumar's tune really the same as all your other customers? He has a Fore return style fuel system, not the same for the rest of your customers, some are not even required to run a bap, right? He also has every possible supporting mod that $ can buy, which improves his et. Give me someone else...

You already own the forum, everyone here has your blower, 90% of the threads are "Whipple, woohoo!!!!" And I give you props for your mad policing skills of the forum, can't say anything without you chiming in. All I'm saying is the results ain't in, not on your flash, at least it's not overwhelming. You can tell me how awesome your kit is, but I dare one of your customers running an off the shelf tune on 93 to line up beside of me. But hey, at least he can say that his setup is 50 state legal, designed by God himself, and it only cost $1000 more.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It's like choosing an NFL draft pick. VMP and Whipple are both first round picks. But Whipple ultimately has the higher ceiling.
Define "ceiling." I agree the whipple has more potential, not necessarily on pump gas, but it's a bigger blower and with boost that requires race gas or e85 it'll outperform the TVS, but not sure how much more. We all know a TVS will easily go 9's, and 8's, so either one is sufficient for insane results.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Define "ceiling." I agree the whipple has more potential, not necessarily on pump gas, but it's a bigger blower and with boost that requires race gas or e85 it'll outperform the TVS, but not sure how much more. We all know a TVS will easily go 9's, and 8's, so either one is sufficient for insane results.
For the most part, the compressor. It's a pretty good size difference. By no means a slight at the VMP. That VMP flat out performs. Race gas, e85, very aggressive tune...these are all options you can do on any SC. But however you get there, I still believe the Whipple has the higher ceiling. I am not personally looking for the ceiling. I like the slightly mild, and safe, tune that I get out of the box with Whipple. If I was looking for an insane high ceiling, I would have gone with the 3.2KB. That thing is just a flat out beast.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
First of all, your results don't count. I'm not counting VMP's 9.9 at 138 on 8-9psi (82mm) either. Second, is Kumar's tune really the same as all your other customers? He has a Fore return style fuel system, not the same for the rest of your customers, some are not even required to run a bap, right? He also has every possible supporting mod that $ can buy, which improves his et. Give me someone else...

You already own the forum, everyone here has your blower, 90% of the threads are "Whipple, woohoo!!!!" And I give you props for your mad policing skills of the forum, can't say anything without you chiming in. All I'm saying is the results ain't in, not on your flash, at least it's not overwhelming. You can tell me how awesome your kit is, but I dare one of your customers running an off the shelf tune on 93 to line up beside of me. But hey, at least he can say that his setup is 50 state legal, designed by God himself, and it only cost $1000 more.

Kumar has a production cal, I already stated that. What does a Fore system have to do with the calibration?

Customers can run a BAP but why? We've tested and verified that you can run up to a 3.25" pulley at 20deg F (yes we factor that since density changes which others don't even consider). Baps work great in there intended environment but are time sensitive and add to increased pump deterioration.

As for policing, you just continue to state improper claims and that doesn't help anyone. You go out of your way to promote VMP and slander Whipple.

Again, same tuner, ask Lund or Ken which kit makes more power on pump gas??? I've got the results, we just don't share them.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Also, I wouldn't get caught up in setting goals based on dyno numbers, dyno numbers are subjective, whereas trap speed is more definitive based on conditions.
what are the dyno numbers of the two kits ? And why are they subjective?

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Well, atleast these threads are fun to read. I can't add to the discussion as of yet just because I don't plan on running my car at the track until I upgrade the half shafts, clutch, and tires.
Regardless, P/D is fun. I enjoy the daily drivability of my KB system. Better throttle response than stock by far and an all out beast once the loud pedal stops moving

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Dynoes are subjective because there are a ton of variables that come into play. For one, all dynoes are different. Then you have sea level, humidity, temps, tires and more. Dynoes should be used more as a tuning tool than seeing if one setup makes more power than someone elses of the other side of the country. The only true measure of power is trap speeds.

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Customers can run a BAP but why? We've tested and verified that you can run up to a 3.25" pulley at 20deg F (yes we factor that since density changes which others don't even consider). Baps work great in there intended environment but are time sensitive and add to increased pump deterioration.
So you don't need a bap to run up to a 3.25" pulley? that's more information I was completely unaware of. Roundabout how much boost is that?

Im assuming because of the variance in dyno numbers based on different dynos and all the correction and loading factors. Theres can easily be a 70-100hp swing on a dyno dynamics vs dynojet when youre approaching quad digit power.

Sponsored

Skatz5000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Vader Special
Dynoes are subjective because there are a ton of variables that come into play. For one, all dynoes are different. Then you have sea level, humidity, temps, tires and more. Dynoes should be used more as a tuning tool than seeing if one setup makes more power than someone elses of the other side of the country. The only true measure of power is trap speeds.
damn evo beat me to it the answer again lol :cheers:

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
sounds like trap speeds has the same problem as the dyno. Not easy to make an apples to apples comparison. Burnin4 is trying to compare his VMP / Auto to Whipple / PP manual cars.

How many different dynos is there? I would think they would be a popular dyno model that most people use. Two people running on the same dyno model, at a similar altitude can compare.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
damn evo beat me to it the answer again lol :cheers:
Lol, I personally didn't even dyno my cat prior to putting a SC on it because the dynoes would have been on different days. In the past, I dynoed one of my cars multiple times on different days. There was no change in setup and even on the same dyno. There was a 20whp difference and the only change was different day lol.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Kumar has a production cal, I already stated that. What does a Fore system have to do with the calibration?

As for policing, you just continue to state improper claims and that doesn't help anyone. You go out of your way to promote VMP and slander Whipple.

Again, same tuner, ask Lund or Ken which kit makes more power on pump gas??? I've got the results, we just don't share them.
So you are officially saying that your customers running your tune can swap to a return style system with zero changes to your tune? Yes? And, you are officially stating that a bap is not needed at all on your tune with a 3.75/3.625 pulley? Just making sure everyone knows your exact advice.

Where am I slandering Whipple? I have given your kit props dozens of times, I'll quote myself later when I have more time. You're just overly sensitive when I point out that almost no one is getting results at the strip on your tune to back up the dyno #'s. I know what your kit is capable of, which is sbout 50whp more when your 3.625/12.6psi is compared to my 79mm/10.9psi but zero results show a superior mph in the qtr. I understand that hurts your feelings but I'm only going off of the posted results on your forum (m6g). Kumar's setup Dyno's 170whp more then me but only traps 2.5-3mph more :confused: you guys tuned that car on 15psi, right?

We could go back and forth all day, I have my results, just waiting for a few of your customers to post theirs instead of dyno #'s.

How about this, I'll be in Rockingham on 5/7, ZMaxx on 6/25, any whipple tuned customers on 93 up for a real comparison?

Btw, I'm not a fan boy of vmp, they don't support me at all, I just post the definitive measurable results I get from their kit on a remote flash. My results would have been your results had your kit not be priced $2000+ higher when I tried to buy one.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
sounds like trap speeds has the same problem as the dyno. Not easy to make an apples to apples comparison. Burnin4 is trying to compare his VMP / Auto to Whipple / PP manual cars.

How many different dynos is there? I would think they would be a popular dyno model that most people use. Two people running on the same dyno model, at a similar altitude can compare.
I'm not comparing my auto setup to a manual whipple setup, I'm simply looking for ANY whipple results, on a whipple tune running the 3.625/3.75 pulley and comparing them to my results, which were derived from multiple drag strips under different conditions.
Sponsored