Sponsored

How did you decide which S/C to go with?

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
sounds like trap speeds has the same problem as the dyno. Not easy to make an apples to apples comparison. Burnin4 is trying to compare his VMP / Auto to Whipple / PP manual cars.

How many different dynos is there? I would think they would be a popular dyno model that most people use. Two people running on the same dyno model, at a similar altitude can compare.
Each dyno is different. How many dynoes have you used? Or how much experience do you have modifying cars? To compare, it would have to be the same dyno on the same day and same car. Even stock cars will dyno differently. Trap speed is a better method of comparing power. Plus, you realize that autos dyno lower than manuals right? Traps speeds will be similar.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Each dyno is different. How many dynoes have you used? Or how much experience do you have modifying cars? To compare, it would have to be the same dyno on the same day and same car. Even stock cars will dyno differently. Trap speed is a better method of comparing power. Plus, you realize that autos dyno lower than manuals right? Traps speeds will be similar.
how will they be similar if they weigh different and put different amounts of power down?

dyno has and always will be the true way to compare vehicles. thats what correction factors are for :) (if they are used correctly)

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Lovin this discussion. Finally get it, not everything is as straight forward as it would seem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
New to the forum, as I recently purchased a new 2016 GT and was looking at superchargers myself. I am 45 years old and have had over 15 fox body cars and all ran centri blowers. I was running mid tens 20 plus years ago. I was wanting a 9 second car now and was looking at all the pd blowers. In the long run these are cheaper than centri blowers because you don't have to buy the intake, injectors, throttle body, etc. I am looking at the whipple or the vmp myself. I got a price of 6095 for the tuner whipple kit today off of the forum.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we have some killer packages under 6k with tuning in the paxton kits, 9 second package with a high octane tune!!!

beef
513-478-1965

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Lovin this discussion. Finally get it, not everything is as straight forward as it would seem.
Yes, there is no "this is the best" answer - many variables - much depends on your personal objectives for the car, how deep your wallet goes, how involved in the build/tune process you will be & how much risk you're willing to take on etc. etc. :D

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
I don't know where these Whipple $$ numbers come from but I paid $7,870 for my setup. Whipple 2.9, 132 mm TB upgrade, dual fans, Whipple tune and the Whipple 3 yr. / 36,000 mile warranty. I did wait for a sale. 651 rwhp with auto and drives better than stock.

Which SC to buy? My vote, Whipple :)

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
how will they be similar if they weigh different and put different amounts of power down?

dyno has and always will be the true way to compare vehicles. thats what correction factors are for :) (if they are used correctly)
There are clearly a lot of noobs here:headbonk: Below is an example of a trap speed to HP calculator. You put the trap speed in and vehicle weight and it gives you a power estimate. I have already commented on dynoes and others have too. Dynoes are a tuning tool but people like to use them for bragging purposes. They are all different. You can take your car today and get it dynoed. Then dyno it tomorrow on a different dyno and even if it is the same bramd of dyno, you will have a different power every time. This is why you hear people say "what does that dyno sheet trap?".

http://www.wallaceracing.com/et-hp-mph.php

PowerAdderGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

TVS Coyote on 15lbs and E85, not a 2015 but comparable to Kumar's Whipple on VP109 IMO.

Sponsored

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

TVS Coyote on 15lbs and E85, not a 2015 but comparable to Kumar's Whipple on VP109 IMO.
I've followed Scott for years, his setup is one of the main reasons I bought a VMP TVS, his results are insane.

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I don't know where these Whipple $$ numbers come from but I paid $7,870 for my setup. Whipple 2.9, 132 mm TB upgrade, dual fans, Whipple tune and the Whipple 3 yr. / 36,000 mile warranty. I did wait for a sale. 651 rwhp with auto and drives better than stock.

Which SC to buy? My vote, Whipple :)
These whipple numbers are coming straight from Hypermotive and Lethal's websites, without special discounting promotions.

Lethal's pricing is at $9835

Hypermotive's pricing $8900 with no programer or tune

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I like my ProCharger. A lot.

[ame]

Burnin4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
^I bet, haha. A D1 on e85 tuned by Rev Auto, what's not to like, haha! The question is, how's your mt82 like it?
Sponsored