Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I said the valve springs aren't "rated" for 1000whp+... Never said the motor can't handle it.. Stop being so ignorant,
The valve springs can get away with 1000whp+ on some cars and on some it can't. Because once again the quality control from ford on the tolerances they allow for each valve spring is ridiculous.
You do realize in your picture you posted that matches the housing of the turbo correct? Also with that picture if you look at the stock manifold who in the hell was running it that rich!! Also look at the inside diameter of the stock manifold and the inside diameter of the adapter it is less than an 1/8th of an inch difference... How do I know? Because I've measured it.. Can you guys just stop with the ignorance?
All the bigger headers do is allow just a little bit of backpressure off of the valve springs so you don't create valve float... This isn't hard to figure out. Think about this for two seconds please---> Why would anyone run stock valve springs at 1000whp+???
Once again there is no factual data shown. You provided a picture and assumed that this is the problem. Shove a sensor in there to see just what the back pressure is inside there. Until then keep your ignorance to yourself

And here's another one to throw at you.. I've seen two identical cars, setup wise, one with stock manifolds and one with shorty headers as shown in the picture provided both go to the track at the same day, same time, and guess what... They both ran 8.3 @ 164... Oh and lets not forget they both had LPF kits...

Lets also not forget that LPF ran 8.0 with his kit that is supposedly flawed by those adapters..

One last thing, I ran multiple 9.0 passes. All of them never peaked more than 10.8lbs.. Don't believe me? Come on down to Houston and I will gladly take both of you for a ride.

Man I really wish I could post pictures on here.. I've got plenty of pics to show you from Hellion's adapters..
Most of us here know of the LPF issues with their kit. You just got your kit. Most LPF customers understand and have voiced their frustration with the kit. FOR THIS behind the curtain lpf has quietly changed their adapter after being schooled on making a proper kit. LPF sells ebay intercoolers. The owner justin argued that his intercooler is better than the rest. I proved him wrong by simply purchasing a Bell intercooler and drastically dropping IATs. What pissed me off about this LPF owner is that when I purchased his kit I asked him if I could PAY MORE to upgrade IC. He told me NOT NEEDED. Very full of himself that is an understatement. That IC that he sold me almost went into the trash. But now is mounted in another turbo manufacture shop on the wall of what not to install on your car. :flag:

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Most of us here know of the LPF issues with their kit. You just got your kit. Most LPF customers understand and have voiced their frustration with the kit. FOR THIS behind the curtain lpf has quietly changed their adapter after being schooled on making a proper kit. LPF sells ebay intercoolers. The owner justin argued that his intercooler is better than the rest. I proved him wrong by simply purchasing a Bell intercooler and drastically dropping IATs. What pissed me off about this LPF owner is that when I purchased his kit I asked him if I could PAY MORE to upgrade IC. He told me NOT NEEDED. Very full of himself that is an understatement. That IC that he sold me almost went into the trash. But now is mounted in another turbo manufacture shop on the wall of what not to install on your car. :flag:
Most??? Clearly you're mistaken.. I know many customers of LPF and each one is happier than the next. The biggest problem is that "most" of you run your mouths or "fingers" trashing other companies with what you assume the problems are. Go run factual data and then show us. Simply taking a picture and making claims doesn't prove anything at all.

My IAT's are never above 6 degrees of ambient temperature and I have this "ebay" intercooler.. Also if you're running E85 then he is correct. IAT's really don't matter when running methanol or ethanol based fuels... I might see IAT's go up to 15* above ambient at the top end of a run.. Which once again will not hurt me at all power wise because I am on E85. If you're that worried about IAT's why didn't you go with a a2w system? Or install a methanol injection setup? Quit whining about "problems" and fix them.

I also didn't compare my adapter like you assumed. I got one of his old adapters and compared it to the stock manifold.. Once again only an 1/8th of an inch difference between the inner diameters. If you really think that's the cause of valve float and not the fact that the tolerances ford allows for the valve springs then once again please keep your ignorance to yourself...

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@Rjames18 Do you have their base intercooler or their upgraded one? Is is true that the adapter has been redesigned?

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
@Rjames18 Do you have their base intercooler or their upgraded one? Is is true that the adapter has been redesigned?
I have the base intercooler. I believe the only difference is that the adapter is now equal to the inner diameter of the headers and on the turbo. I can go by the shop to confirm this later this week or next week

Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Most??? Clearly you're mistaken.. I know many customers of LPF and each one is happier than the next. The biggest problem is that "most" of you run your mouths or "fingers" trashing other companies with what you assume the problems are. Go run factual data and then show us. Simply taking a picture and making claims doesn't prove anything at all.

My IAT's are never above 6 degrees of ambient temperature and I have this "ebay" intercooler.. Also if you're running E85 then he is correct. IAT's really don't matter when running methanol or ethanol based fuels... I might see IAT's go up to 15* above ambient at the top end of a run.. Which once again will not hurt me at all power wise because I am on E85. If you're that worried about IAT's why didn't you go with a a2w system? Or install a methanol injection setup? Quit whining about "problems" and fix them.

I also didn't compare my adapter like you assumed. I got one of his old adapters and compared it to the stock manifold.. Once again only an 1/8th of an inch difference between the inner diameters. If you really think that's the cause of valve float and not the fact that the tolerances ford allows for the valve springs then once again please keep your ignorance to yourself...
You do realize he had an LPF kit and got rid of it right??? So your statement about "LPF owners happier than the next" is wrong, yet again... He did the smart thing and dumped the LPF kit. Another friend of ours kept his kit but is having all of the exhaust pluming reworked and a new IC...So that is TWO LPF kit owners who are NOT happy with the kit...

Lol I do but can't be on it at work...
Your post saying you have pics was at 8 AM yesterday...it is now 26 hours later and no pics or videos... Phone a work phone too that wont allow pics?

One last thing, I ran multiple 9.0 passes. All of them never peaked more than 10.8lbs.. Don't believe me? Come on down to Houston and I will gladly take both of you for a ride.
See you at TX2K..Your gonna need more than 10#'s though...

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
You do realize he had an LPF kit and got rid of it right??? So your statement about "LPF owners happier than the next" is wrong, yet again... He did the smart thing and dumped the LPF kit. Another friend of ours kept his kit but is having all of the exhaust pluming reworked and a new IC...So that is TWO LPF kit owners who are NOT happy with the kit...
So two customers out of 175+ kits sold... Once again no factual data as to why they are changing anything. It is all assumptions. So now all this extra money is being thrown into the car for what?

Your post saying you have pics was at 8 AM yesterday...it is now 26 hours later and no pics or videos... Phone a work phone too that wont allow pics? [/QUOTE]

No I just get on here when I'm bored at work. Couldn't careless to entertain you all when I'm off. I have better things to attend to.

See you at TX2K..Your gonna need more than 10#'s though...[/QUOTE]

If you really think a D1 is going to compete with any of the heavy hitters of tx2k... well I hope you have something planned more than that

1crazymach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red GT 500
Exactly! Every kit will make enough power to blow a stock motor to pieces. And like you. I have owned them all. I will say. I'll never own another nitrous car.
I have had 4 Supercharged mustangs. 2005 Saleen with Saleen blower, 2004 Mach 1 Procharged, 2016 Mustang Gt Roush Blower & my 2018 Whipple GT. I would rate my Whipple #1 barley, #2 Procharger was awesome, # Roush was missing something & Saleen blower was crap

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
I have had 4 Supercharged mustangs. 2005 Saleen with Saleen blower, 2004 Mach 1 Procharged, 2016 Mustang Gt Roush Blower & my 2018 Whipple GT. I would rate my Whipple #1 barley, #2 Procharger was awesome, # Roush was missing something & Saleen blower was crap
please tell me that badge is real in your avatar...love it!

Sponsored

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)

Well looks like you been drinking the Kool-Aid. First I do not want a air to water IC. I want air to air. I do know I do not want a Air to Ebay IC. 1/8th" difference? Go to the eye doctor. These issues with the LPF kits are well known throughout the Mustang community. We are happy that you are happy with your kit. Why do you think LPF has a hidden FB group? I know why. Because when it was an open group he heard the truth. And he can't handle the truth....................so now it is a hidden group. AND.....when any member posts anything he LPF owner Justin must approve it before other members can read it. Am I right or am I wrong?? I can handle the truth. :handsinair:

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)

Your post saying you have pics was at 8 AM yesterday...it is now 26 hours later and no pics or videos... Phone a work phone too that wont allow pics?

See you at TX2K..Your gonna need more than 10#'s though...
Yes I had the LPF kit you are correct. I now have the Hellion Sleeper kit. A properly designed kit. And yes another Dallas member that we both know is re-working his kit to make it work properly. There is another member here that trashed his LPF kit and went Whipple. And LilPony this James 18 don't want any part of your Stang I know I have seen you drive and I will put my wager on your car.

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Decided to get on my phone and upload a few things. This is for the comment saying I did a single glory pass for the 9.04
6F02166D-6A81-4762-A3BD-1FE10492B39A.jpeg
BA643FA2-D79D-4003-B73C-86808E657869.jpeg
CA0C3810-AFF1-45D1-875B-876E01C5802D.jpeg
C1F1B4E0-B12D-4C64-A1FA-F39FB5C20EFC.jpeg

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
Oh and for your hellion kit... Tell me which is better. The left LPF’s adapter and on the right we have a picture of hellions adapter... now you tell me which one looks more restrictive...
F364C12F-33F3-48A4-8CC5-5EEEC5383CE9.jpeg
Sponsored