Sponsored

How come there’s not more procharged mustangs

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a pissing match. Folks have different reasons why they want a specific setup. It is what it is. I know the ups and downs to fast na, nitrous, blower, turbo, manual and auto. Had em all. Liked em all haha!
Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I like LPF and being that you can drive there makes it so much better. They are a one stop shop and I have heard nothing but great things about them and their product.
Keep in mind ethe advertised price is never what you actually pay by time you add in all the extras you want..... I learned that the hard way. Try and package as much as possible in one purchase to get the best pricing. I went with a Beefcake Special and saved a ton.

Last edited:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
have you had your car on the dyno? I am curious what it makes at the lower compression ratio. Did MMR recommend going 10:1?
Nope, just butt dyno. It actually "feels" like it runs better than before, but... I've changed pulleys since then. Came with 4.75" and I have 4.5" on it.

Yes, I talked to MMR and explained my goals of 850-900 wheel and they recommended the lower compression to lower static compression and be able stuff more cfm ino it for a given boost level.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Nope, just butt dyno. It actually "feels" like it runs better than before, but... I've changed pulleys since then. Came with 4.75" and I have 4.5" on it.

Yes, I talked to MMR and explained my goals of 850-900 wheel and they recommended the lower compression to lower static compression and be able stuff more cfm ino it for a given boost level.
How much boost does the p1 have with the 4.5 pulley??

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
How much boost does the p1 have with the 4.5 pulley??
Man, I can't give you a solid answer because I don't trust that 1st Gen lund boost box i have. I just logged the other day but I haven't looked at them yet. Gotta be over 10lbs. I would guess 11-12 ish? But with my lower compression the boost isn't as high, but still stuffing more cfm into it. Zero knock. I've never had any knock with this new motor. I need to make some videos. Maybe Sunday if I have time. Here is a short one I just uploaded to my youtube account... Nothing special, just a little 2nd gear roll into wot, then peddled it to keep the revs down.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man, I can't give you a solid answer because I don't trust that 1st Gen lund boost box i have. I just logged the other day but I haven't looked at them yet. Gotta be over 10lbs. I would guess 11-12 ish? But with my lower compression the boost isn't as high, but still stuffing more cfm into it. Zero knock. I've never had any knock with this new motor. I need to make some videos. Maybe Sunday if I have time. Here is a short one I just uploaded to my youtube account... Nothing special, just a little 2nd gear roll into wot, then peddled it to keep the revs down.
Yea i know a couple guys that have said the same thing about the boost box.U have to make it to our next private track day.Probably in march.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Procharger here. Makes enough power to spin my 315's at will. Not sure how much power you want down low. I've never raced anyone where I didn't go wot? Even at low rpm when you go wot, the valve closes and I'm see 2-3 lbs of boost. I don't know, there is always a lot of opinions about how the power comes in, but they all seem to run similiar.

Also, people will tell you things without having experienced it themselves. Take for instance... my motor is 10:1 compression. the Internet will tell you, it will be "soft" or not as quick to rev etc, down on power. Drive my car. If I didn't tell you it had lower compression, there is no way in hell you would know.
Spins the tyres from low rpm in third?

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
My buddy setup the f1a with converter and fuel system on my car and it’s one of the baddest bitches around 99.9% of the time. On the lowest boost pulley (5”) and 3.5” intake I went 9.26 @ 149 but have since changed to 4.75” pulley, 4” intake and meth injection to keep iats happy up top. Never had a belt issue and it has too much pewpew anywhere in the powerband for wot in any gear lower than 3rd, however the cooler weather has unlocked a little tire spin up top even in 3rd wot. Daily driven 16k miles in the last year with nothing more than oil changes. Heading to the track soon looking to pop in the 8’s but it might take the 4 3/8” pulley to do it. Oh and almost forgot I can’t count how many people ask what I have in the car when they hear me pull in...most say it sounds like a fighter jet lol.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
My buddy setup the f1a with converter and fuel system on my car and it’s one of the baddest bitches around 99.9% of the time. On the lowest boost pulley (5”) and 3.5” intake I went 9.26 @ 149 but have since changed to 4.75” pulley, 4” intake and meth injection to keep iats happy up top. Never had a belt issue and it has too much pewpew anywhere in the powerband for wot in any gear lower than 3rd, however the cooler weather has unlocked a little tire spin up top even in 3rd wot. Daily driven 16k miles in the last year with nothing more than oil changes. Heading to the track soon looking to pop in the 8’s but it might take the 4 3/8” pulley to do it. Oh and almost forgot I can’t count how many people ask what I have in the car when they hear me pull in...most say it sounds like a fighter jet lol.
How much boost with the 4.75 pulley and are u still on stock motor? I have a d1 with 4.75 and with 15 psi of boost my tuner seems to think i am pushing it with stock motor.

Sponsored

Dark knight s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 pp1 GT
whichever route of boost you go there is almost no way you will be dissatisfied, at the end of the day it comes to down what you want your end goal to be, price range, etc, etc . I love my current setup and im on 93 and stock pulley and its already blowing my 305s loose at anything below 50.

RBINCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 10r80 GT, 07 GT500 Vert
whichever route of boost you go there is almost no way you will be dissatisfied, at the end of the day it comes to down what you want your end goal to be, price range, etc, etc . I love my current setup and im on 93 and stock pulley and its already blowing my 305s loose at anything below 50.
+1.. Went with the P-1X because of the ease of installation and cost. Being in Cali with its junk 91 octane fuel went E85 to be able to put enough timing in 12:1 motor for optimum power. I really like how the centrifugal blower pulls on the big end.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
D1/E85 and 834whp here... if I want more I’ll go twins but I haven’t been gapped yet with the refreshed fuel system and smaller pulley. Unless I wanna run 8’s I don’t see a reason to switch. But that also means built motor etc... no one runs low 9’s/8’s on a stock motor for long...

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
D1/E85 and 834whp here... if I want more I’ll go twins but I haven’t been gapped yet with the refreshed fuel system and smaller pulley. Unless I wanna run 8’s I don’t see a reason to switch. But that also means built motor etc... no one runs low 9’s/8’s on a stock motor for long...
What pulley to make 834whp?

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
if you want more low/midrange power on a centri, wastegate it. Lots of people hate on it but the only thing that made a more substantial difference on my car was the blower itself.

Best of both worlds IMO
Sponsored