How are Gen 2 Voodoos holding up?

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
13K miles on my 19R now.....about 4K under my watch....- I dont track it but every time I take it out ....many many pulls to redline ....lots of backroads

I check the oil every time I put gas in it- has never burned any oil
I put less than 3K miles a year on it- so change the oil once a year

So far other than that....tires and my front brakes just started making some noise so assume it needs front brakes

My car is definitely not BAT collector quality- I added PPF when I got it...but it definitely has road rash ...chips on front bumper...hood...in front of rear wheels.....my front spoiler is scraped up underneath.....but I never wanted a museum piece so it makes it much easier to take it out and have fun when its not perfect
Sponsored

Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
13K miles on my 19R now.....about 4K under my watch....- I dont track it but every time I take it out ....many many pulls to redline ....lots of backroads

So far other than that....tires and my front brakes just started making some noise so assume it needs front brakes

My car is definitely not BAT collector quality- I added PPF when I got it...but it definitely has road rash ...chips on front bumper...hood...in front of rear wheels.....my front spoiler is scraped up underneath.....but I never wanted a museum piece so it makes it much easier to take it out and have fun when its not perfect
Amen

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R

Agreed. I will add, when I do track the car the oil is changed afterwards. These do tend to get warm (have a hopefull fix comming)

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
I know some of these will be glory runs and there is the odd exception, but there is defo a trend to when they shut them down :

Fathouse 350 800R Supercharged 801.18.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Supercharged 801.59.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Supercharged 809.41.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Supercharged 852.00.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Twin Turbo 806.90.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Twin Turbo 809.43.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Twin Turbo 826.04.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Twin Turbo 828.23.JPG

Fathouse 350 800R Twin Turbo 830.70.png

Fathouse 350 1000R Twin Turbo 916.68.JPG

Fathouse 350 1000R Twin Turbo 955.82.JPG

Fathouse 350 1000R Twin Turbo 972.95.png

Fathouse 350 1000R Twin Turbo 980.86.JPG

Fathouse 350 1200R Twin Turbo 1202.67.JPG

Fathouse 350 1200R Twin Turbo 1328.09.JPG

Fathouse 350 1400R Twin Turbo 1604.51.JPG

All the above are for 350's and they should be listed in order. Hopefully the filenames have carried through for anyone that wants to download them :like:

It would be interesting to know from the owners what they actually shift at and what they were advised when they took delivery.

Hope that helps ?

WD :like:
We keep the factory rev limiter in place on the 800R and 1000R twin turbo cars. These engine are quite strong and reliable in our many years experience specializing on this platform. We have ran the heck out of our development cars and have not had any engine failures. We encourage our customers to do the same! After all that is why you want more power, to use it! We only offer the stock ECU on the 800R as to push 1000 hp out of a stock engine we need better control and safeguards the MoTeC ECU enables us to do. We limit how hard the tubos and torque come on as well. This is why we don't offer more than 800 HP in our 800R supercharged package as those place more stress on the bottom end than a turbocharged setup. Once you get into the built engines packages, 1200R and up we actually increase the rev limiter and ramp up the power and torque application some. I honestly believe that most of the failures that have happened, like most things, have been blown way out of proportion...the internet has a way of doing that. It seems the engines that have actual manufacturing problems reveal themselves in the first few thousand miles. If you get past that and don't have any oil consumption issues, then run the hell out of it IMO. Lastly, as for the crank. ALL of our packages are still using the stock crankshaft and we have made almost 2000 HP on them thus far. That goes to show you must take what is posted online with a grain of salt.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
We keep the factory rev limiter in place on the 800R and 1000R twin turbo cars. These engine are quite strong and reliable in our many years experience specializing on this platform. We have ran the heck out of our development cars and have not had any engine failures. We encourage our customers to do the same! After all that is why you want more power, to use it! We only offer the stock ECU on the 800R as to push 1000 hp out of a stock engine we need better control and safeguards the MoTeC ECU enables us to do. We limit how hard the tubos and torque come on as well. This is why we don't offer more than 800 HP in our 800R supercharged package as those place more stress on the bottom end than a turbocharged setup. Once you get into the built engines packages, 1200R and up we actually increase the rev limiter and ramp up the power and torque application some. I honestly believe that most of the failures that have happened, like most things, have been blown way out of proportion...the internet has a way of doing that. It seems the engines that have actual manufacturing problems reveal themselves in the first few thousand miles. If you get past that and don't have any oil consumption issues, then run the hell out of it IMO. Lastly, as for the crank. ALL of our packages are still using the stock crankshaft and we have made almost 2000 HP on them thus far. That goes to show you must take what is posted online with a grain of salt.
Do you track any of your development cars (not drag strip)? What percentage of your builds would you say get tracked often?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
22 gt500, 20 gt350r, 67 gt500, 66 Backdraft Cobra
Doesn't longevity equal more profit? They believe in the engines enough to give them a 60k mile warranty from the factory.
Not necessarily,
Doesn't longevity equal more profit? They believe in the engines enough to give them a 60k mile warranty from the factory.
[/QUOT]
I drive modify all cars since I was 16yrs old and drive them hard, street, strip or track. I add superchargers push the limits of horse power and durability. Factory OEM warranty is fine if you're not gonna be putting the car through hard driving. It's okay if you're mostly on the street and take it to the track every now and then. My gt350r is Whipple supercharged making close to 1100 horsepower at the rear wheels 23lbs of boost on e-85. I've yet to see a factory engine stand up to that kind of power increase.(blew up more than my share of engines) My gt500 came close w/ over 1200rwhp before I decided not to push my luck any farther and sent it off to RPG. It all depends on what you plan on doing w/ the car wether or not you rebuild the engine. I've owned a mustang since I was 16 they're beautiful cars and I loved each and every one of them, but I don't buy them just to say I have one look at it or trailer queens. They will be driven hard like they were ment to be.

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
Do you track any of your development cars (not drag strip)? What percentage of your builds would you say get tracked often?
We have a few customers that have added our track pack cooling package as they do a fair amount of track events. This adds coolant to the turbos and wastegates. We have not heard any news back from them. So I suppose that means life is well. We haven't personally road race regularly any of our cars much. Other than the occasional trip to Putman, our local road course track. Its something we do plan to do some more of. After all the GT350 is a road course car. Our background and most of our customers seem to be more interested in street driving, 1/2 mile events or drag racing though it seems.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
We have a few customers that have added our track pack cooling package as they do a fair amount of track events. This adds coolant to the turbos and wastegates. We have not heard any news back from them. So I suppose that means life is well. We haven't personally road race regularly any of our cars much. Other than the occasional trip to Putman, our local road course track. Its something we do plan to do some more of. After all the GT350 is a road course car. Our background and most of our customers seem to be more interested in street driving, 1/2 mile events or drag racing though it seems.
Possibly because customers and potential customers see you that way?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^^ nothing to do with how the kits are engineered. It's just that this amount of raw HP delivery is not very compatible with road courses. There is always a compromise. ..well almost always - go get a GT2RS. :)

Road course with a boosted Mustang is like pulling weeds with a stump grinder. I should add - OEM applications do pretty well! It's these mega HP builds. ;)

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
^^ nothing to do with how the kits are engineered. It's just that this amount of raw HP delivery is not very compatible with road courses. There is always a compromise. ..well almost always - go get a GT2RS. :)

Road course with a boosted Mustang is like pulling weeds with a stump grinder. I should add - OEM applications do pretty well! It's these mega HP builds. ;)
We can control the power quite well with the MoTeC. In fact if you put the car in weather mode it makes basically stock rear wheel horsepower. We can limit boost and throttle opening to achieve what ever power output we want. Power adders and stock ECU are where you have power delivery problems.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
^ I'm aware of the flexibility...and anything is possible but just not ideal. Extra weight, complexity, cooling requirements, tuning for tip in and decel at that stock power level.... It's all a balance and it comes down to should you, not could you. Weaknesses get exposed on a road course...not that any of those things would be a concern on the street and maybe even the drag strip.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
We can control the power quite well with the MoTeC. In fact if you put the car in weather mode it makes basically stock rear wheel horsepower. We can limit boost and throttle opening to achieve what ever power output we want. Power adders and stock ECU are where you have power delivery problems.
The presence on the track may change the perception of people. Some of the fastest Mustangs I have seen on track are Turbo Charged

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

I check my oil when the engine is cold.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I check my oil when the engine is cold.
Yes I do the same....should have been more specific ....when I know I need to put gas in that drive....I check my oil pre-drive when cold..... I believe we are doing it the proper way.....
Sponsored