Houston, we have a problem!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I have never been to a C&C and didn't realize how organized they are. I thought it was a bunch/handful of people parked in a public lot near a doughnut shop or something, super casual.
If you go to one of these huge ones are you trapped there until the end or do people come and go?
Where is the big one in Southern California?
The one that I like to go to is very well organized. Sponsored by a local brewery that also makes its own coffee. Typically 40-50 cars and is sometimes co-sponsored by local car groups. Thereā€™s a local Mopar group that usually co-sponsors quite a few of them, and they almost always get outnumbered by the Ford/GM folks LOL.

They donā€™t charge but they also donā€™t tolerate BS. They have cameras in their lot and take make/plates of the idiots. My buddy helps organize the event, heā€™s in charge of all events for the brewery. Heā€™s got a list of make/plates and denies entry to the morons that make the list. Local police are always around the event too.
Sponsored

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The one that I like to go to is very well organized. Sponsored by a local brewery that also makes its own coffee. Typically 40-50 cars and is sometimes co-sponsored by local car groups. Thereā€™s a local Mopar group that usually co-sponsors quite a few of them, and they almost always get outnumbered by the Ford/GM folks LOL.

They donā€™t charge but they also donā€™t tolerate BS. They have cameras in their lot and take make/plates of the idiots. My buddy helps organize the event, heā€™s in charge of all events for the brewery. Heā€™s got a list of make/plates and denies entry to the morons that make the list. Local police are always around the event too.
Thanks MAGS. I know that one of the speed shops here, JBA, does one. I will have to check it out.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks MAGS. I know that one of the speed shops here, JBA, does one. I will have to check it out.
I guess itā€™s because Iā€™m getting older but the really big events just donā€™t interest me much anymore. We have a local group that started at the onset of Covid, had some really cool gatherings, birthday parades, charity rides, etc. The guy that started it decided he wanted to grow it and now they have all kinds of sponsors, different branches in different states, and all of their events are huge. I donā€™t begrudge him for it, just not for me so I donā€™t attend anything with them anymore.

Reactions: VoR

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The one we had that shut down was held by a Detail Garage but it went out of business (twice) and no one has taken up the mantle. The other two I frequent are not sponsored by anyone, we just meet up at the same spot on one Saturday of the month and talk cars.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I have never been to a C&C and didn't realize how organized they are. I thought it was a bunch/handful of people parked in a public lot near a doughnut shop or something, super casual.
If you go to one of these huge ones are you trapped there until the end or do people come and go?
Where is the big one in Southern California?
The big one I go to is at the Outlets at San Clemente of course in San Clemente.

It is from 9AM to 11AM only. You cannot get in early, they are very strict about it but you can leave anytime you want. I usually try and beat the big rush at 11. There are plenty of security and personnel to route people and cars in and out. Very organized. There is usually a fantastic variety here. At least 50 exotics every Saturday and everything you can think of in between.

https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/

Sponsored

spankybranch

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Geoffrey
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Edge ST, 2022 Mach1
I am in central Florida, we have 6 ā€œcars&coffeeā€ events a month that are all within 30 minutes of me. One of them charges $10 per-event that goes to charity (you can also get a year pass for $100) that seems to deter assholes (they also have at least 1 cop sitting at the enter/exit road).

A different location just celebrated 10 years in the same spot, that event is well know to local LE and they hang out most of the show at the 2 side streets ā€¦ pull over 30+ cars that leave or fly by like idiots EVERY EVENT! So that cash infusion to the city budget probably helps keep the event going šŸ˜‚.

The others i am aware of move around a couple times a year, usually they loose the venu/spot after a couple issues.

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The big one I go to is at the Outlets at San Clemente of course in San Clemente.

It is from 9AM to 11AM only. You cannot get in early, they are very strict about it but you can leave anytime you want. I usually try and beat the big rush at 11. There are plenty of security and personnel to route people and cars in and out. Very organized. There is usually a fantastic variety here. At least 50 exotics every Saturday and everything you can think of in between.

https://www.southoccarsandcoffee.com/
Thanks Demon. That is not far from me and I will have to get out there to check it out.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I guess itā€™s because Iā€™m getting older but the really big events just donā€™t interest me much anymore. We have a local group that started at the onset of Covid, had some really cool gatherings, birthday parades, charity rides, etc. The guy that started it decided he wanted to grow it and now they have all kinds of sponsors, different branches in different states, and all of their events are huge. I donā€™t begrudge him for it, just not for me so I donā€™t attend anything with them anymore.
You may not like large events and I get that, but Iā€™d be disappointed not going to Barrett Jackson once a year. Itā€™s an experience. If you can, check it out.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You may not like large events and I get that, but Iā€™d be disappointed not going to Barrett Jackson once a year. Itā€™s an experience. If you can, check it out.
I do enjoy the car auctions, itā€™s really the large car shows/C&C type events that I donā€™t really care for anymore. Those tend to bring the trouble makers because they can just blend in with everyone else. I also find it harder to really talk to folks about their cars because itā€™s so big and thereā€™s so many people trying to talk to each other. So itā€™s really certain types of large events I donā€™t care for.

Mecum usually comes to Chicago in the fall and I've been a few times. It really is a cool experience. We donā€™t get nearly the selection of cars at the Mecum auctions Iā€™ve been to that Iā€™ve seen on TV in other locations, such as Glendale, Monterey and Kissimmee. But itā€™s still fun and thereā€™s some really good value buys on the stuff that doesnā€™t make it to the stage. Iā€™ve not been to Barrett Jackson but itā€™s on my list to do at least once, always enjoy watching their auctions on TV too.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
There are probably 3 or 4 "cars and coffee (beer)" meets every night around here, between May and October. Some attract 100 or more cars on a regular basis, some as few as 10 or 15 cars. It's mostly car guys just wanting to show off their cars, talk about cars and have a beer and a brat. Not much nonsense going on.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can ask ā€œwhere are the copsā€ but you donā€™t understand how they operate. They donā€™t just show up to an event because someone asks them to. Theyā€™re on duty which means they have patrol routes or other areas that require their attention, not babysitting a bunch of morons in shitbox cars doing burnouts.

Off duty cops are just that, off duty. That means they arenā€™t going to show up unless theyā€™re getting paid to do so which means someone has to pony up the cash. Since C&C events are free to the public who is going to dig into their pockets for that? And thatā€™s even assuming any cops want to be bothered with it.

Itā€™s the same issue we have locally. They managed to get two sheriffā€™s deputies to come by but theyā€™re on foot and looking out for pedestrians and fights. The idiots still do their burnouts leaving the event and the deputies canā€™t do squat about it on foot.
Here is where youā€™re a bit misinformed. When a LEO witnesses an actionable offense, they can simply use a radio as although off duty they are usually assigned a radio ID by dispatch as an off-duty ID prior to the event.
When an officer sees a crime or actionable offense, other officers can and often do operate on the basis of that information unlike a P.C. Which first requires investigation.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Here is where youā€™re a bit misinformed. When a LEO witnesses an actionable offense, they can simply use a radio as although off duty they are usually assigned a radio ID by dispatch as an off-duty ID prior to the event.
When an officer sees a crime or actionable offense, other officers can operate on the basis of their information unlike a P.C.
I described exactly as they operate around here. Iā€™ve watched the deputies just look toward the street when someone peels out and then go back to whatever they were doing. Unless thereā€™s is an on-duty patrol around they donā€™t do shit.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood. The operative word in my statement is ā€œcanā€. Doesnā€™t mean will, should or shouldnā€™t. I was merely illustrating the ability that an officer has vs a PC.
If a venue doesnā€™t feel value from that particular officer then they need to discuss that with a supervisor in charge of that detail.

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I read about this but I didnā€™t post anything about it. Itā€™s a shame that thatā€™s happening. The one I go to is probably one of the largest in Southern California and itā€™s every Saturday and there are multi millions of dollars worth of cars at it and itā€™s very secure and very organized with lots of security. Thereā€™s never been an incident there while I was there but Iā€™m sure there are some.
You went, and didn't cause any incidents? Good boy.
Sponsored