jayson_b24

jayson_b24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Someone mentioned this is a way to cull the type of people that they do not want at their event.
I get the basic premise, but they're punishing the many for the actions of the (admittedly more than a) few.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
There’s plenty of idiots that show up to these things and don’t follow the rules of the events. So the organizers are trying to protect their events from not being allowed at their locations anymore. I get it. At the same time, to just do a widespread ban sucks for those with those makes/models that do actually follow the event rules and don’t exit like a bunch of ass bags.

I’ve seen a few of these types of events on YouTube, there are definitely some idiots encouraging the behavior so they can try to pump views on their channels. And then they bash the cops for doing their jobs when they pull some of those idiotic drivers over. At the end of the day, it’s on the drivers of the cars to not be fools when entering/leaving these events. But most will comply with the YouTubers because they think it’s cool to get the views.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
I get the basic premise, but they're punishing the many for the actions of the (admittedly more than a) few.
This will be a lot of money gone for the organizers and local community.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
This will be a lot of money gone for the organizers and local community.
It’s tough either way. The ass bag drivers are creating a risk that the property owners just ask the organizers not to hold the event there at all. Or, as what has happened, the organizers do a widespread ban that severely diminishes the size of the event.

I do think an increased police presence would help. There’s at least one club around here that has a police presence at every one of their events to ensure there’s no shenanigans that would jeopardize future events. They also charge money for the larger events to also deter those with not the best of intentions. I’m not in Houston so I have no idea if the organizers for that C&C charge an entrance fee or not

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
It’s tough either way. The ass bag drivers are creating a risk that the property owners just ask the organizers not to hold the event there at all. Or, as what has happened, the organizers do a widespread ban that severely diminishes the size of the event.

I do think an increased police presence would help. There’s at least one club around here that has a police presence at every one of their events to ensure there’s no shenanigans that would jeopardize future events. They also charge money for the larger events to also deter those with not the best of intentions. I’m not in Houston so I have no idea if the organizers for that C&C charge an entrance fee or not
Price the undesirables out and have a strong security plus enclosed area.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I read about this but I didn’t post anything about it. It’s a shame that that’s happening. The one I go to is probably one of the largest in Southern California and it’s every Saturday and there are multi millions of dollars worth of cars at it and it’s very secure and very organized with lots of security. There’s never been an incident there while I was there but I’m sure there are some.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Price the undesirables out and have a strong security plus enclosed area.
I try to go to smaller events when I’m able to go to such things. The less desirable crowds don’t seem to frequent the smaller ones as much and there’s maybe a couple people walking around taking videos/pictures. Some of which are hired by the event to post on the event Facebook/Instagram page afterwards. So pretty low key, which I like.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I try to go to smaller events when I’m able to go to such things. The less desirable crowds don’t seem to frequent the smaller ones as much and there’s maybe a couple people walking around taking videos/pictures. Some of which are hired by the event to post on the event Facebook/Instagram page afterwards. So pretty low key, which I like.
I like smaller events too. Not many around me here and the one I go to is so large when you walk away from your car to go look at others sometimes you’re so far away you can’t even see it there’s just rows and rows of cars.

RedTetsu13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT California Special
I feel bad in saying this is old as shit now but yeah this is a thing. I have a friend in one of my discord groups (S550 owner) who's local to Houston. He literally stopped going to meetups because they are just getting swarmed by the headasses that ruin it for everyone else.

It sucks that the owners of the event decided the only way the event could carry on was to ban all modern muscle (don't worry it won't resolve the issue guarantee that), but it doesn't surprise me that more and more people are banning modern 'muscle' cars from the event.

Personally this year I'll be trying to go to the smaller meets in my area but even those are starting to get few and far between. But I hope these fake car people hurry up, pack their shit, and ruin another group outside of the cars and coffee scene (I suppose alternatively we all could just get up even earlier).
Sponsored